All Things Trump /GOP Coup

howeda7

Reaction score
We have been over this Howie. Half of Rs don’t believe it. Sorry to break it to you.
Actually more than half. You're in denial.

The survey of 1,552 U.S. adults, which was conducted from July 30 to Aug. 2, found that 66 percent of Republicans continue to insist that “the election was rigged and stolen from Trump,” while just 18 percent believe “Joe Biden won fair and square.” Twenty-eight percent of independent voters also said they think Trump was the rightful winner of the 2020 election, as did a small 3 percent of Democrats.

Also, super surprising you throw 1/6 in there. You got your investigation - I’m sure you realizing it was for grandstanding after all hurts tho. Are you ever right?
An investigation supported by both sides was needed. Instead McCarthy is threatening cell phone companies who comply. Odd if his caucus is so innocent, eh?

howeda7

Reaction score
As a D you should welcome that. If he couldn’t beat Biden, who would he beat?
Why do you think the GQP is so eager to "tighten" voting laws in GA and AZ? He could absolutely win. The American public have short memories when it comes to politics. He may well be "refreshing" all over again. And if necessary, he'll have "help" in key states next time.

Spoofin

Reaction score
An investigation supported by both sides was needed. Instead McCarthy is threatening cell phone companies who comply. Odd if his caucus is so innocent, eh?
First the FBI doesn’t do a good enough job, now McCarthy is stopping the super sleuths. This is quite the cover up. Not grandstanding tho. It was never about that.

GopherJake

Reaction score
As a D, it scares me because the opposition party and their supporters will act like nitwits for another couple years, minimum. But, you may be right, the only thing that could stop it would be another, even more lopsided thrashing at the polls.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I’d actually be very happy to have a normal healthy Republican beat Joe Biden. I’m not really a fan. Surely we don’t need to have this rematch, especially when one candidate only thinks results matter when you win.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Why do you think the GQP is so eager to "tighten" voting laws in GA and AZ? He could absolutely win. The American public have short memories when it comes to politics. He may well be "refreshing" all over again. And if necessary, he'll have "help" in key states next time.
CNN talking points!!!

“Tighten” to require ID? “Tighten” to make one vote after noon on Sunday? “Tighten” to make them use blue mailboxes? “Tighten” to be less restrictive than many other States?

If he wins it will be because of the Biden/Harris CF.

howeda7

Reaction score
I’d actually be very happy to have a normal healthy Republican beat Joe Biden. I’m not really a fan. Surely we don’t need to have this rematch, especially when one candidate only thinks results matter when you win.
I hope the D's run someone who's not Biden or Harris but that seems unlikely. There's no chance of a "normal sane healthy" Republican being the nominee. I doubt Larry Hogan or Charlie Baker will run and they won't get far if they do. A re-match is the most likely scenario.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
First the FBI doesn’t do a good enough job, now McCarthy is stopping the super sleuths. This is quite the cover up. Not grandstanding tho. It was never about that.
Well, we are just going to lay down and die, I guess. FBI is not good, Congress is no good, I guess the answer is do nothing.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Well, we are just going to lay down and die, I guess. FBI is not good, Congress is no good, I guess the answer is do nothing.
No need. The FBI has charged over 600 people. Some may call that a pretty successful investigation (that is still ongoing). Not very good for scoring points on TV tho.

Section2

Reaction score
I don’t see kidnapping members of congress in that plan. Looks like a shoddy legal strategy to me that the courts would reject, and so would the American people. But you hide under your bed shivering at HOW CLOSE WE CAME.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I don’t see kidnapping members of congress in that plan. Looks like a shoddy legal strategy to me that the courts would reject, and so would the American people. But you hide under your bed shivering at HOW CLOSE WE CAME.
I’m sure Bush the elder and Jimmy Carter drafted the same. It’s just how we do things. Mondale and Quayle still sting from being called pussies. Al Gore still wishes he had the nads to bypass the process and just nullify votes. It’s just so boss, nobody’s just never been boss enough.
The fact it didn’t work doesn’t mean it isn’t grotesque.

scools12

Reaction score
I’d take a moment to mention 45 is possibly going to run again. He is fundraising like a demon. I wouldn’t put him in the past just yet.
Trump has absolutely nothing to do with the cluster that is the Biden / Harris Administration.

scools12

Reaction score
Half the people in your party (sorry not YOUR party but party you viscerally defend on the internet) STILL think Trump won. And the leaders of the party are blocking any and all effort to investigate the events of 1/6. But sure, me and anyone who finds those facts disturbing are the real problem.

Everyone should follow your method and hear no evil, see no evil, vote JoJo.
Yes - the events of 1/6 are not being investigated. Absolutely no one is investigating the riot of 1/6.

Such a hack.

scools12

Reaction score
This narrative that nothing was or is being done is more leftist lunacy.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
This narrative that nothing was or is being done is more leftist lunacy.
The rightest lunacy, is that no prosecution is legit, and these guys were on their way to the bingo parlor And there are hours of unreleased video of ANTIFA!
Most of these guys are ordinary people who were lied to by people they trusted and thought they were doing the right thing, even if somehow it didn’t jell in their head that attacking the US Capitol during a joint session of Congress wasn’t really something that just happens.
The guys who burned my city were concerned about justice and some stuff. Should I have compassion for their firmly held beliefs?
I wish all vandals rot in jail.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The rightest lunacy, is that no prosecution is legit, and these guys were on their way to the bingo parlor And there are hours of unreleased video of ANTIFA!
Oh stop it. Virtually no one thinks what happened on 1/6 was a “nothing burger” or that the rioters shouldn’t be punished or that it wasn’t primarily Trump supporters that did it. There are options between “nothing burger” and “The Country nearly ended.”

scools12

Reaction score
The rightest lunacy, is that no prosecution is legit, and these guys were on their way to the bingo parlor And ther are hours of unreleased video of ANTIFA!
Listen to yourself spinning that narrative. Have to kept it going through the 2022 mid-terms.

It is an all out coordinated effort to keep the focus off the complete and utter disaster that is the Leftist Administration currently residing in the White House.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Oh stop it. Virtually no one thinks what happened on 1/6 was a “nothing burger” or that the rioters shouldn’t be punished or that it wasn’t primarily Trump supporters that did it. There are options between “nothing burger” and “The Country nearly ended.”
I’ve never said the country nearly ended.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Listen to yourself spinning that narrative. Have to kept it going through the 2022 mid-terms.

It is an all out coordinated effort to keep the focus off the complete and utter disaster that is the Leftist Administration currently residing in the White House.
I’m not doing this to defend Joe Biden. Let the criticism roll. Doesn’t change that the lead Republican for the next election doesn’t believe in elections.

scools12

Reaction score
I’m not doing this to defend Joe Biden. Let the criticism roll. Doesn’t change that the lead Republican for the next election doesn’t believe in elections.
All you are doing is spewing leftist nonsense. Next you’ll tell us Border Patrol agents are whipping Haitians entering the country illegally.

kg21

Reaction score
Do you believe in winning elections at 3 a.m. in the morning? LMAO

Section2

Reaction score
I’m sure Bush the elder and Jimmy Carter drafted the same. It’s just how we do things. Mondale and Quayle still sting from being called pussies. Al Gore still wishes he had the nads to bypass the process and just nullify votes. It’s just so boss, nobody’s just never been boss enough.
The fact it didn’t work doesn’t mean it isn’t grotesque.
I’m sure Hillary and Gore explored every legal angle. It’s not that it didn’t work, they couldn’t get their own VP to go along.
but regardless, my point is that this strategy is distinct from 1/6 riots. Neither relied on the other.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
There's no chance of a "normal sane healthy" Republican being the nominee.
So, I'll probably kick myself for even asking, but just off the top of my head, what exactly about either Noem or DeSantis (a couple of the favorite Lib whipping targets) would be NOT "normal sane healthy"? Have you seen anything from either one of these governors that has been radical?

I'm talking about specifics, not just "they may have supported Trump" or you disagreed with how they approached the pandemic. What from either one has led you to believe they would be loony tunes?

Strictly looking at each of their performances for the purposes of leading their state as a governor, it looks like both have been EXTREMELY successful and showed very strong leadership through the pandemic.

Top Bottom