All Things Transfer Portal Thread

So we get to speculate about an even NEWER WR transfer!

Does worry me a little about the WR room though. You’d think a guy with that much experience would have been able to step up. Or maybe the WR room is more solid/talented than we know?
The WR room has gotten pretty crowded.

Thought I saw a blurb that Varner was injured throughout spring, not sure to what extent. I liked his experience, would be nice to add a contributor for this year. Otherwise will need young inexperienced guys to rise up.

Eli Green from NDSU might be a decent WR option after just entering the portal. He played high school ball at Farmington. Over 800 yards for the Bison last year.

It's a thing at Minnesota to crowd the WR room, talk about passing a lot, then run the ball like a service academy and start the same receivers until their eligibility runs out.
The players have to believe there was a specific reason for that (QB play). Otherwise there’s no way they’d be able to land the quality they have.

https://x.com/benjaminroyjr/status/1785102772565909787

Nathan Roy’s brother enters the portal. Maybe he could move closer to home?

Edit: if someone could enlighten me on how to fully embed tweets I’d appreciate it
Pretty sure you just have to change the (x.com) portion back to (twitter.com)

As far as the player goes, 6'2 300 isn't going to cut it in the Big Ten, maybe a better fit at St. Thomas or another smaller conference school.

Michigan LB - Semaj Bridgeman enters NCAA Transfer Portal​

Is there any room left in the boat? He's a RS Freshman with 4 yrs of eligibility.

Should portal change some of HS recruiting strategy going forward for guys we aren't going to get to commit? Thinking in vein of Howard transferring in.

Any 4* dudes who like the program and coaches but seem like they're going to choose a traditionally bigger school USC/Bama/Florida etc could be worth staying in their ear even more than before with expectation they could easily transfer out and then we'd be their top immediate option

Should portal change some of HS recruiting strategy going forward for guys we aren't going to get to commit? Thinking in vein of Howard transferring in.

Any 4* dudes who like the program and coaches but seem like they're going to choose a traditionally bigger school USC/Bama/Florida etc could be worth staying in their ear even more than before with expectation they could easily transfer out and then we'd be their top immediate option
Lotta transfers now tell stories of other coaches “but we still talked and they were encouraging me even though I didn’t choose their program”.

I think that’s pretty common now.

OSU LB Nigel Glover has entered the transfer portal after one year. He originally committed to NW but transferred in the aftermath of the Fitzgerald debacle. PJ did offer him for the 22 class.

Last edited:

Go get him Fleck!
This reminds me of the Mass Kicks Ass era under Brewster where they recruited the most enormous humans possible regardless of their ability to play offensive line with skill or toughness.

OSU LB Nigel Glover has entered the transfer portal after one year. He originally committed to NW but transferred in the aftermath of the Fitzgerald debacle. PJ did offer him for the 22 class.

We could always use more linebackers.

Top Bottom