All Things Transfer Portal News

And Craig McDonald transferring out of Auburn already. From reading the Auburn fans comments, this isn't a surprise as they have a pretty crowded DB room and he was buried on the depth chart. Homecoming back to Mpls perhaps?

And Craig McDonald transferring out of Auburn already. From reading the Auburn fans comments, this isn't a surprise as they have a pretty crowded DB room and he was buried on the depth chart. Homecoming back to Mpls perhaps?
Enrolled early Jan 2020 (right before pandemic) at Iowa State, then used free transfer to go to Auburn last season. Assume he will be able to grad transfer for 2023.

Would guess we'd take him? Not sure he has any interest in playing here, for whatever reason.

Enrolled early Jan 2020 (right before pandemic) at Iowa State, then used free transfer to go to Auburn last season. Assume he will be able to grad transfer for 2023.

Would guess we'd take him? Not sure he has any interest in playing here, for whatever reason.
And our Safety position is in pretty good hands. If he played CB, might be a better fit.

Not sure we need or would want him.

So is Simms the GT transfer starting there?
Yes, he was one of the first recruits Rhule went after. The fired GT head coach was a former Rhule assistant so there was a connection there. Thompson has missed all spring after shoulder surgery

Yes, he was one of the first recruits Rhule went after. The fired GT head coach was a former Rhule assistant so there was a connection there. Thompson has missed all spring after shoulder surgery
Interesting, not really someone that strikes fear into me as a gopher fan, but I guess Thompson didn’t really either.

I passed a video released yesterday by the Corn Crazed guy listing why Thompson would be the starter this year. lol
A potentially big loss for Nebraska - Thompson is 7th all-time on the NE passing list. They do have a transfer who looked good in the Spring game - Jeff Sims from GA Tech, a running QB not unlike Adrian Martinez. Weighs only 185.

Northwestern pulling in a transfer QB from Cincinnati. I've read some replies from Cincy fans and they say he has really good potential, but needs some time to adjust to the speed of the game.

Northwestern pulling in a transfer QB from Cincinnati. I've read some replies from Cincy fans and they say he has really good potential, but needs some time to adjust to the speed of the game.
Hunter Johnson 2.0 unfortunately (or fortunately for us?) Big arm...not a ton else.

I see Iowa just signed a WR from tOS off the portal. Come on Coach Fleck surprise us with an OL or LB. We can use the help.

I passed a video released yesterday by the Corn Crazed guy listing why Thompson would be the starter this year. lol
Reminds me of the time the Twins signed former 1st rounder Eric Munson to a deal & I was all fired up, thinking he could be a key piece to the season.........and then he was released before the end of spring training.

Top Bottom