All Things that You as a Dem Disagree with Biden On

golfing18now

Reaction score
No shit, we paid mine off in a lump sum last year, holding off on paying the wifes off just in case they get forgiven. Paid the house off instead.

Full student loan forgiveness is ridiculous. If an individual can pay off the house, he/she probably can pay off his/her student loans. I don't blame you. I would probably wait in your shoes too. But giving handouts to people that don't need handouts is so stupid and wasteful.

cncmin

Reaction score
Full student loan forgiveness is ridiculous. If an individual can pay off the house, he/she probably can pay off his/her student loans. I don't blame you. I would probably wait in your shoes too. But giving handouts to people that don't need handouts is so stupid and wasteful.
Agreed, but I doubt Biden would push such. The far left, on the other hand...

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
Speaking of disagreeing with Biden...

Is it immediately or are we supposed to wait until inauguration day in January when we are supposed to go BACK to being ashamed to be Americans and start apologizing to the rest of the world again? I know Joe's old boss Obama was the King of that, even his wife got in on the action publicly spouting off about being ashamed and embarrassed to be Americans.

When does Joe want us to start that again?

golfing18now

Reaction score
Agreed, but I doubt Biden would push such. The far left, on the other hand...

I think you have hit on something that will be really interesting to watch for me. I agree Biden doesn't strike me as a guy that is on the far left. But he has been elected in a hyper-charged environment with a very emboldened far left. He has also always struck me as somewhat wishy-washy in his positions. Will he pander to the far left and BLM or stand more in the middle?

cncmin

Reaction score
I think you have hit on something that will be really interesting to watch for me. I agree Biden doesn't strike me as a guy that is on the far left. But he has been elected in a hyper-charged environment with a very emboldened far left. He has also always struck me as somewhat wishy-washy in his positions. Will he pander to the far left and BLM or stand more in the middle?
He'll probably pander as much to the far left as he will to the moderate right. Obama did the same, and Biden is more moderate than Obama, and is a guy who worked across the aisles for nearly half a century.

If you want Biden to be moderate, though, you need to want the Republicans to actually work with him, unlike the full intransigence they pulled on Obama. If the Rs refuse to work with Biden, his reaction is less predictable.

golfing18now

Reaction score
He'll probably pander as much to the far left as he will to the moderate right. Obama did the same, and Biden is more moderate than Obama, and is a guy who worked across the aisles for nearly half a century.

If you want Biden to be moderate, though, you need to want the Republicans to actually work with him, unlike the full intransigence they pulled on Obama. If the Rs refuse to work with Biden, his reaction is less predictable.

I would like to see the Republicans work with him on issues. I'm not optimistic, however. It seems with every administration the will to work collaboratively seems to deflate even further. I wasn't real impressed with the Democrats attempts to work with Trump either. Russian collusion/impeachment/etc. Pelosi's staged State of the Union address stunt was beyond pathetic. Neither side can claim the moral high ground, in my opinion.

What I really hope for would be the following:
1. This election fiasco ends soon. If Biden isn't sworn in during the month of January, I really worry about what that would lead to for our country.
2. Georgia ends up going the way of the Republicans. We really should all want some balance in our legislative branches to prevent extreme policies.
3. Republicans resist the urge to sabotage everything that Biden does and not claim election fraud for the next four years.
4. Republicans then remind every voter in four years they took the high road rather than the Russian collusion pathway we saw over the last four years.

cncmin

Reaction score
I would like to see the Republicans work with him on issues. I'm not optimistic, however. It seems with every administration the will to work collaboratively seems to deflate even further. I wasn't real impressed with the Democrats attempts to work with Trump either. Russian collusion/impeachment/etc. Pelosi's staged State of the Union address stunt was beyond pathetic. Neither side can claim the moral high ground, in my opinion.

What I really hope for would be the following:
1. This election fiasco ends soon. If Biden isn't sworn in during the month of January, I really worry about what that would lead to for our country.
2. Georgia ends up going the way of the Republicans. We really should all want some balance in our legislative branches to prevent extreme policies.
3. Republicans resist the urge to sabotage everything that Biden does and not claim election fraud for the next four years.
4. Republicans then remind every voter in four years they took the high road rather than the Russian collusion pathway we saw over the last four years.
I would typically be with you on #2 (I almost always prefer divided gov't), but I don't think that now is a good time for that, given McConnell's history. I hope McConnell will change and finally do the right thing, but I expect him to stay the course, damned be the rest of us.

Additionally, while I very much agree with you on 1, 3, and 4, the modern history of the Republican Party suggests they will do the opposite on 3 and 4, and while 1 will occur (the courts will ensure it), we will never hear the end of it from Trump and the Trumpists, who overwhelmingly control the public sentiment of the Party. The only way any of this is rectified is if it comes from the true source of the marching orders for the Republican Party, their puppeteers: RW media. What are the odds of that happening? (slim to none, unless folks like Murdoch decide enough is enough)

Wally

Reaction score
I would typically be with you on #2 (I almost always prefer divided gov't), but I don't think that now is a good time for that, given McConnell's history.

I feel the same, I hope he is not hell bent on obstruction no matter the consequences.

Democrats blocking things during most of Trumps term was really low stakes, economy was booming from day 1, the economic stakes right now are high.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Oh man, you must really hate Donald Trump then!
I have been pretty clear on the 2 reasons I didn’t vote for Trump. He is a liar and he divides instead of unites. So, yes - although I would say I hate him.

USAF

Reaction score
I have been pretty clear on the 2 reasons I didn’t vote for Trump. He is a liar and he divides instead of unites. So, yes - although I would say I hate him.
Fraud. NObody believes you didn't vote for Trump.

WAGopher

Reaction score
I agree. Forgive the interest and penalties, and convert all loans to interest free, but add reasonable service fees for and loan processor and servicer.

There are many students who have responsibly made payments on their loans and some are trying to pay them off early. It’s reasonable to think that by using money to pay off their student loan, they have not made purchases or investments they would have otherwise made. Debt forgiveness would be a disservice to those who worked hard to pay down their own debt.

Spoofin

Reaction score
As an impartial observer, I've only been posting a couple of months, it's quite obviously you 2 need to get a room for cripes sake!
That's an interesting take. I did a little research with the search function here on GH. In the last 2-weeks, I have responded to 5 posts from USAF. During that same period he has responded to 52 of my posts and mentioned me in another 26. That's 78 vs 5. Not hard to spot the wack-job here.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
I agree. Forgive the interest and penalties, and convert all loans to interest free, but add reasonable service fees for and loan processor and servicer.
Right... sounds like a great deal for the lenders. Makes perfect (liberal) business sense

howeda7

Reaction score
I would typically be with you on #2 (I almost always prefer divided gov't), but I don't think that now is a good time for that, given McConnell's history. I hope McConnell will change and finally do the right thing, but I expect him to stay the course, damned be the rest of us.

Additionally, while I very much agree with you on 1, 3, and 4, the modern history of the Republican Party suggests they will do the opposite on 3 and 4, and while 1 will occur (the courts will ensure it), we will never hear the end of it from Trump and the Trumpists, who overwhelmingly control the public sentiment of the Party. The only way any of this is rectified is if it comes from the true source of the marching orders for the Republican Party, their puppeteers: RW media. What are the odds of that happening? (slim to none, unless folks like Murdoch decide enough is enough)
I'm not scared of a 50/50 Senate. It will allow Biden to get through confirmations and judges and some moderate legislation. Nothing crazy will pass if it needs Manchin, Tester etc. If the R's keep the Senate, Turtle Mitch can just go 100% obstruction and I fear he will.

Wally

Reaction score
That's an interesting take. I did a little research with the search function here on GH. In the last 2-weeks, I have responded to 5 posts from USAF. During that same period he has responded to 52 of my posts and mentioned me in another 26. That's 78 vs 5. Not hard to spot the wack-job here.

Yea, your not obcessed at all....your statistical analysis proves it😋

USAF

Reaction score
Fraud.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
1606340814321.png

cncmin

Reaction score
I'm not scared of a 50/50 Senate. It will allow Biden to get through confirmations and judges and some moderate legislation. Nothing crazy will pass if it needs Manchin, Tester etc. If the R's keep the Senate, Turtle Mitch can just go 100% obstruction and I fear he will.
McConnell cares only about his power and wealth, like Trump. Like Trump, he cares nothing at all about the American people.

Plausible Deniability

Coffee is for closers
Reaction score
McConnell cares only about his power and wealth, like Trump. Like Trump, he cares nothing at all about the American people.
You just described 75-85% of the people in Washington DC.

But WAIT!!!! This is Cincinnati Stupid so you'll say it's only HALF of the people in DC, AMIRITE?

justthefacts

Reaction score
Picking Neera Tanden was a mistake for several reasons.

stocker08

Reaction score

I agree with this. And I have student loans. Anyone can put a plan in place to pay them off over a long period of time, paying an amount that barely hinders them. We don't need to eliminate student loans....we need to eliminate the silly degrees that don't allow for folks to get a job after schooling.

People with reasonable degrees can pay off the loans they take. Condense those programs and offer them in selected areas. If people want them bad enough, they can make the travel accommodations. Also frees up some money for schools that get rid of these programs that almost nobody uses. It's a pretty obvious move....especially considering that total enrollment is dropping across the board.

On the other hand....students coming out of school are most likely to spend disposable income. Instead of a stimulus where everybody gets something (good cause for people to simply stash the money away), give it to the people most likely to inject it back into the system....which is the goal of a stimulus.

But a good in-between would be to lower/eliminate interest on the loans. The fed prints money for all sorts of things. Why are student loan interest rate as high as 7%. That is a flaw in the system.

Top Bottom