All Things showing Biden’s (or whoever is running the show) weakness, ineptitude, and progressive leftism

justthefacts

Reaction score
We don’t hear about it, but I’d guess that the unemployment claims have remained stalled at a higher number than most of modern US economic history. Biden can probably thank those GOP governors for discontinuing extended unemployment benefits for the modest uptick jobs this month.

cY7xQGO.png

MplsGopher

Reaction score
You are as clueless as your hero Biden 😂
Every time .... there's never a denial from you. That's an admission. :)

It's not like the mods give a shit. Otherwise, they'd block IP addresses. They make money off you visiting and posting here. So long as you aren't being an absolute twat, they aren't going to do jack.

So .... just be a man with a nutsack, and admit who you are.

bga1

Reaction score

TRF Guy

Reaction score
Every time .... there's never a denial from you. That's an admission. :)

It's not like the mods give a shit. Otherwise, they'd block IP addresses. They make money off you visiting and posting here. So long as you aren't being an absolute twat, they aren't going to do jack.

So .... just be a man with a nutsack, and admit who you are.
I’m TRF Guy. One name one man. But keep thinking I’m someone else. I love it and you are still clueless

Spoofin

Reaction score
cY7xQGO.png

Your data only goes through July. BLS released open job data today through August. According to the BLS - the number of open jobs in the US dropped by 6.6% during the month of August - its first decline this year (i.e. July was the peak). People don't decide to go back to work and get a job instantly. August was the 2nd month after 26-States dropped the free handout. Wanna guess what the numbers will show after October when the other 26-states have had a couple months w/o incentive to not work too?

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
Your data only goes through July. BLS released open job data today through August. According to the BLS - the number of open jobs in the US dropped by 6.6% during the month of August - its first decline this year (i.e. July was the peak). People don't decide to go back to work and get a job instantly. August was the 2nd month after 26-States dropped the free handout. Wanna guess what the numbers will show after October when the other 26-states have had a couple months w/o incentive to not work too?

You have an issue with cherry-picked stats?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
We have one or two posters who often make the assumption that nobody will bother to look past the surface of what is being attempted to convey. When you're used to dealing with sheep, it is very very easy to make that assumption. People see what they want to see, often you just need to give them a tiny nudge and they take it the rest of the way on their own

Spoofin

Reaction score

A record 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in August, led by food and retail industries​

4.3 million quit and the number of open jobs still dropped 700K. Wow, removing that $300/week forced more people back to work than I thought!

howeda7

Reaction score

Angry

Reaction score

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
The Reuters article also suggests that enhanced unemployment benefits ended in “June”. But in fact, June 12 was the first date that several states ended them. In late June and as last as early July, other states ended those enhanced benefits. A couple of states that did were also ordered by a court to restart those enhanced benefits.

So @justthefacts has a narrative, but doesn’t include much of a period of analysis or even honest statistics. BTW, @justthefacts, I already pointed out the last time you posted this simplistic, deceptive data that unemployment is significantly higher in blue states than in red b/c red states didn’t shutdown their economies. The best data to examine this subject will be when that of blue states comes in for October and November. However, now that Biden has threatened to raise corporate and small business taxes, caused inflation, sent “tax credit” checks to individuals making less than $150K with children, helped crush the supply chain, etc., we may have too many confounding variables to make a decent analysis.

Biden is doing a helluva job of destroying our economy.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
There are significant supply chain issues. It's not something Biden can magically fix and neither would Trump.
I let you off the hook with a short response before, but Biden has contributed to the supply chain issue. He has discouraged the unemployed from going back to work with direct payments or “tax credits”, rent holidays, enhanced unemployment benefits, and pressuring companies to fire employees that won’t vaccinate, decreasing the number of workers in the supply chain. We have fewer long haul truck drivers and airline pilots/staff, and increased fuel prices (due to Biden policies) has put the squeeze on transportation companies. Small businesses are struggling to stay above water b/c of the restrictive economic policies that Biden and blue state governors have pursued due to Covid.

The pandemic may have caused the supply chain issue, but Biden‘s only effect on it has been to worsen it.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I let you off the hook with a short response before, but Biden has contributed to the supply chain issue. He has discouraged the unemployed from going back to work with direct payments or “tax credits”, rent holidays, enhanced unemployment benefits, and pressuring companies to fire employees that won’t vaccinate, decreasing the number of workers in the supply chain. We have fewer long haul truck drivers and airline pilots/staff, and increased fuel prices (due to Biden policies) has put the squeeze on transportation companies. Small businesses are struggling to stay above water b/c of the restrictive economic policies that Biden and blue state governors have pursued due to Covid.

The pandemic may have caused the supply chain issue, but Biden‘s only effect on it has been to worsen it.
There’s really nothing he could have done.

Wally

Reaction score
So right now, the labor force participation rate, as reported last Friday was 61.6%, and it's been decreasing. Even before COVID, the labor participation rate was about 63.3% percent.

1.9% end of the world. Other story I read said 3 million people over 60 left the workforce. That pretty much explains most of the labor shortage. Those people likely aren't coming back. We have demographic issues. We can take more immigrants or we can slowly go the way of Japan.

Spoofin

Reaction score
That seems to be a reoccurring theme for the response or lack of a response to the issues facing leftist politicians. 🤔
One size fits all. The party of zero accountability.

kg21

Reaction score
If anyone is waiting on the Dementia Nerd to fix anything, you are dumber than a rock.

Spoofin

Reaction score

A record 4.3 million workers quit their jobs in August, led by food and retail industries​

OK Wally. I have read this article and a similar one on CNN. As far as I can tell, this counts people quitting for another job. There has basically never been a better time to get a better paying job in the US. The largest number of these “quitters” are coming from hospitality and education. Considering the number of open jobs over the same period dropped by ~700K it seems likely most these folks are just moving to new jobs. YAWN.

bga1

Reaction score
So right now, the labor force participation rate, as reported last Friday was 61.6%, and it's been decreasing. Even before COVID, the labor participation rate was about 63.3% percent.

1.9% end of the world. Other story I read said 3 million people over 60 left the workforce. That pretty much explains most of the labor shortage. Those people likely aren't coming back. We have demographic issues. We can take more immigrants or we can slowly go the way of Japan.
Another idea might be to stop flooding the zone with entitlements. People will work when they need to.

Top Bottom