All Things Other Players Declaring for NFL Draft

upnorthkid

Reaction score
Thought it'd be easier if we could just summate all the other players leaving early for the NFL draft into one thread.

I haven't really taken the time to check other teams around the B10, but does anybody have any ideas of guys leaving early?

Also just saw Mariota is leaving. Talk about picking a pretty negative game to go out on.

Underclassmen declaring from the B1G so far:

Deion Barnes, DE, Penn State
Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana
Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland
Devin Funchess, WR/TE, Michigan
Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska
Jesse James, TE, Penn State
Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers
Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State
Noah Spence, DE, Ohio State (he was suspended/cut so not really a loss)
Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota

Returning to school:

Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State
Leonte Carroo, WR, Rutgers
Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
Adolphus Washington, DL, Ohio State

From: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rclassmen-early-entry-list-for-2015-nfl-draft

Thought it'd be easier if we could just summate all the other players leaving early for the NFL draft into one thread.

I haven't really taken the time to check other teams around the B10, but does anybody have any ideas of guys leaving early?

Also just saw Mariota is leaving. Talk about picking a pretty negative game to go out on.

Certainly wasn't his fault the Ducks got boat-raced- he's got nothing left to prove in the college game, given that he's in an Oregon system (i.e. not a pro-style) so good luck to him. More importantly, it'll be great watching all the Duck fans lament the performance of next years QB.

Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers

Returning to school:

From: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rclassmen-early-entry-list-for-2015-nfl-draft

You forgot De'Vondre. ;)

Doubt he falls anywhere past being a 2nd Round pick though. I still think he will get chose in the 1st, probably not Top 15 though. I am guessing late first/early 2nd.

Doubt he falls anywhere past being a 2nd Round pick though. I still think he will get chose in the 1st, probably not Top 15 though. I am guessing late first/early 2nd.

Agreed. He definitely didn't help himself vs OSU showing that his accuracy leaves quite a bit to be desired, especially with his red zone showing

I declared for the draft once. But I flunked the intelligence test the military had at that time, so I went back to college.

I declared for the draft once. But I flunked the intelligence test the military had at that time, so I went back to college.

Good to see you're back Doc- folks were a bit worried around here

Agreed. He definitely didn't help himself vs OSU showing that his accuracy leaves quite a bit to be desired, especially with his red zone showing

Plenty of film shows his accuracy is quite good- he won't drop out of the top 15. Red zone showing was resultant from incessantly trying to run the ball and leaving him with passing situations- thought Limegrover was making the calls.

Plenty of film shows his accuracy is quite good- he won't drop out of the top 15. Red zone showing was resultant from incessantly trying to run the ball and leaving him with passing situations- thought Limegrover was making the calls.

I dunno, plenty of evaluators are saying accuracy is his biggest issue, and that was before the bowl game. He's hard to read for a prospect and the system he played in in college makes it harder to evaluate him. Kind of reminds me of Kaepernick in terms of arm strength and athleticism but with slightly better accuracy. How much better is what we'll have to see. The one thing I'll give him is that he does a great job of taking care of the ball and at least his misses are to places where no one is going to catch the ball vs defenders catching it. He's one I'll be really interested to watch but yeah I agree there's no way he drops out of even the top ten or five just because there's so many teams lacking a QB.

I dunno, plenty of evaluators are saying accuracy is his biggest issue, and that was before the bowl game. He's hard to read for a prospect and the system he played in in college makes it harder to evaluate him. Kind of reminds me of Kaepernick in terms of arm strength and athleticism but with slightly better accuracy. How much better is what we'll have to see. The one thing I'll give him is that he does a great job of taking care of the ball and at least his misses are to places where no one is going to catch the ball vs defenders catching it. He's one I'll be really interested to watch but yeah I agree there's no way he drops out of even the top ten or five just because there's so many teams lacking a QB.

My feeling as well. It's really hard to get a read on QBs in an offense like Oregon's. Mariota is extremely athletic, but so was Akili Smith.

I would be very surprised if he isn't a top-5 pick. I still expect him to go #1 overall. One of the most impressive college careers doesn't get overshadowed by a game in which your team got spanked despite you passing pretty decently and having your rhythm completely thrown off by a few terrible drops.

I would be very surprised if he isn't a top-5 pick. I still expect him to go #1 overall. One of the most impressive college careers doesn't get overshadowed by a game in which your team got spanked despite you passing pretty decently and having your rhythm completely thrown off by a few terrible drops.

As much as I do not like Winston, I think he is your more prototypical NFL QB. I think Winston gets selected before Marriota.

As much as I do not like Winston, I think he is your more prototypical NFL QB. I think Winston gets selected before Marriota.

You very well may be right but IMO Mariota is the much better prospect and quarterback. Not only is there the obvious that everyone marvels at Marcus's character and leadership while Jameis is a grade A d-bag. Winston also missed a lot of throws and turned the ball over at an alarming rate this year, while Mariota had a year that many believe to be one of the best of all-time. While it's possible that Mariota will end up being a product of the Oregon system, I would be livid if the Bucs don't take him if I was a fan. IMO he will be one of the best in the game in a few years.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Amazing. He's going to turn 3 games into being drafted in the NFL. It's the right decision IMO, join a team as their developmental QB and enjoy that NFL contract rather than possibly being the #3 QB in college.

Amazing. He's going to turn 3 games into being drafted in the NFL. It's the right decision IMO, join a team as their developmental QB and enjoy that NFL contract rather than possibly being the #3 QB in college.

I think the same thing. I see Urban starting JT or Braxton over him next year anyways because of experience. I just wonder if Braxton will even start nexy year, JT broke all his records and is arguably better. After a wonderful first few years in college if he doesn't start or play any significant amount next year it will show that players need to start looking at the current roster. Why go to a team when they already have 3-4 5* QBs? I think OSU has another 5* QB committed too, its just crazy.

Agreed. I'm not risking spending the rest of my career on the bench behind JT. He won the lottery and he needs to cash in. He could have gone his entire career as a back up if not for JT's injury.

Tyler Kroft, TE, Rutgers

Returning to school:

Kinda crazy to see so many TE's leave early just in the Big Ten

Kinda crazy to see so many TE's leave early just in the Big Ten

Funchess will be interesting to watch. Don't blame him at all for leaving early. The other guys leaving kind of confuse me.

Jones enters press conference to song "Started from the Bottom".

Announces he's returning

Didn't expect Cardale to stay. Good for him either way. He sounds like he's grown up since his infamous tweet, and I don't base that on his decision one way or the other. He's one of the few Ohio State players I actually like.

Didn't expect Cardale to stay. Good for him either way. He sounds like he's grown up since his infamous tweet, and I don't base that on his decision one way or the other. He's actually one of the few Ohio State players I actually like.

I agree on him growing up a lot since then. Also, I like Cardale as well.

Top Bottom