All Things National Title Game Thread: #1 UNC vs #1 Gonzaga

Really feels like it sometimes. Penn State won the Big Ten and went to the Rose Bowl 5 years after the child sex scandal was uncovered. Ohio State football landed probably a top 3 coach nationally and won a national championship 4 years after the tattoo scandal. They're arguably in a better spot now than they were before the scandal. Kentucky's coach has had 2 Final Fours vacated and recruits at an insane level. Admittedly Baylor football could go back down, since they were kind of a nobody before Art Briles.

Could get interesting if Roy retires after winning this most recent championship and leaves his successor to deal with potential sanctions.

And don't forget Ohio State basketball bouncing back like nothing had ever happened after their violations. It's like a $200 speeding ticket: for a poor dude, it's a major financial setback; for a cake eater, it's just another bill.

What? Meeks defense was really good throughout first half, and first part of second half. Moved his feet, strong, kept his hands up and made the Polish dude totally uncomfortable.

My comment on Meeks had to do with offense. I expected to see a super star, but saw someone not ready for prime time. I agree, he played good defense and caused lots of issues for the Zags.

Top Bottom