All Things MN United Season Thread

oops - should have said 5 starters out. Forgot about Trapp still being out.

so Loons played with 5 of their 10 projected starting position players out of game.

reinforcements on the way.

the Loons have officially signed Colombian striker Mender Garcia and completed a transfer-window deadline deal to get midfielder Jonathan Gonzalez on loan from Monterey in Mexico's Liga MX.

will be interesting to see what happens to the lineup when everyone is healthy.
Colorado is always a tough game. They’re feisty. The league tries to push Kansas City as our “rival” but I think our games with colorado have been more intense. Along with Portland. Anyways, yes, lot of starters out, reinforcements on the way. Got a tough away game in Nashville next

Who’s heading to the all star game events this week? I’m irrationally excited for the skills challenge.

Who’s heading to the all star game events this week? I’m irrationally excited for the skills challenge.
Was at the game tonight. Watched skills competition on tv. It was a unique atmosphere. Dsc and Rey both played very well and it was decent soccer for an exhibition. I did miss the atmosphere though that we get at a normal home game

Rey is playing at an mvp level. So fun to watch his vision and his passing. DSC continues to make big saves. Big game against Austin fc Saturday at home. Austin fc has been winning some wild, high scoring games

Wow. Massive win at home against the second best team in the conference. Totally shut down their offense. Our style of play translates well to the playoffs when games tighten up. Big games against salt lake and Dallas in the next two weeks

What is the plan for Mender Garcia? How will he crack the lineup?

My guess is that Heath uses Garcia as a sub - maybe about the 60 or 70-minute mark of the match - to come in and provide fresh legs as an attacker.
That’s what I’m thinking too. I just can’t see him cracking the starting 11 unless there’s an injury or yellow card accumulation

Nice to see the comeback.

too bad Amarilla didn't nail that bicycle kick. that would have been up for Goal of the Year status.

and I continue to like what Benitez is providing.

Don't forget the pass between 2 defenders from Reynoso to Benitez to set up that cross.

John Brooks coming to the Loons??? If so, that'd be huge.

Last edited:

Massive game tomorrow. We played like garbage in salt lake and fielded a weak lineup. We need 3 point to keep our home field advantage for first playoff game

I believe that the transfer window closes in about 90 minutes. After that, we're stuck with the roster we've got for the rest of the season and through the playoffs. Hopefully I'm wrong, we could really use more help in the back.

Yuk.

full disclosure - I fell asleep at the 60-minute mark. didn't miss anything.

after the Loons allowed the own goal, they really packed it in for the rest of the game. having some real problems along the back line of the defense.

and now Reynoso has a bad ankle.

Didn't see the game. Did Kallman cause the defense to collapse?

That was a rough week. We didn’t even try to compete Wednesday by fielding a B lineup and then Saturday we played okay for first 60 minutes but then the floodgates opened and you could tell it was over. Felt similar to the May June part of the season. The standings are too tight to be purposefully not trying a game. Hope we get it together for Portland

That was a rough week. We didn’t even try to compete Wednesday by fielding a B lineup and then Saturday we played okay for first 60 minutes but then the floodgates opened and you could tell it was over. Felt similar to the May June part of the season. The standings are too tight to be purposefully not trying a game. Hope we get it together for Portland
Hope = crushed Maybe we can do like these fans and help the players figure out where the goal is located.

The team has gone to hell since Dibassy got hurt. They have no defensive depth, and too much depth on the wings and up front.

They need to rebalance the roster.

I didn’t see this collapse coming at all. Injuries have taken their toll but the team is completely lost.

Need to grab 1 more win I think to feel safe, but after that it’s likely one and done in the playoffs.

I didn’t see this collapse coming at all. Injuries have taken their toll but the team is completely lost.

Need to grab 1 more win I think to feel safe, but after that it’s likely one and done in the playoffs.
Correct. They don't have enough technical skill. Bongi shouldn't be a starter. He's a good substitute to add speed, but he's technically weak.

Arriaga and Trapp leave something to be desired. The defense lacks depth.

I gave up after the first half.

one possible break - there is an international window now, so I don't think the Loons play again until early October. Yup - Sat, Oct 1 vs San Jose (last place in the West).

so they've got two weeks to try and get as healthy as possible and figure out some things on the back line.

Top Bottom