All Things MN United Season Thread

Amarilla is pretty much official. Arriaga should be here before he leave for Portland. No excuses this season. We have to play better, more consistently and score goals.
If both of them can get with the team before the season starts, then the Loons could be extremely good.

Well it looks like we got our roster set for at least the first half of season. I’m going to try to be optimistic and hope health doesn’t blow it with our attacking set up

Shoot - I didn't realize that the MLS season opener is next Saturday. get those scarves ready.

Soccer-related.

A player for the New Zealand Women's national team had three "own goals" in a loss to the United States team.

how in the bleep do you have three own goals in a game? that would seem to be almost impossible.

I'm amazed the goalie didn't come out and deck her.

Soccer-related.

A player for the New Zealand Women's national team had three "own goals" in a loss to the United States team.

how in the bleep do you have three own goals in a game? that would seem to be almost impossible.

I'm amazed the goalie didn't come out and deck her.

I just watched that.

That's a bad day.
Two within the first 6 minutes and all three by half.

Having now seen our new kit in person, I like it better than the MLS wing kit. Not as much as the NASL wing, but that gray we’ve been using since joining MLS was terrible. I hope dark gray/black is here to stay. This kit with the drip pattern is sweet.

Minnesota Black & Blue. No more Minnesota Grey and Grey.

Having now seen our new kit in person, I like it better than the MLS wing kit. Not as much as the NASL wing, but that gray we’ve been using since joining MLS was terrible. I hope dark gray/black is here to stay. This kit with the drip pattern is sweet.

Minnesota Black & Blue. No more Minnesota Grey and Grey.
Duck, duck, Grey duck...

1-1 at Philly to start the season. Arriaga hit the crossbar just before halftime. Lod had a nice run and shot in stoppage but keeper denied. Game appeared sluggish at times.

Maybe it's just me, but I think the Loons get too "cute" with the ball in the attacking zone. Reynoso is always trying to make that 1 perfect pass, and a lot of the time, it winds up resulting in no shots on net.

I would rather see them in more of an "attack" mode.

Was at the game in Philly. Their supporters group, the sons of Ben, are awesome and very friendly. Not at all like eagles fans. That said, overall I am good with the point. We certainly had some opportunities to score and get three points but we also had a lot of miscues in the defensive half so probably lucky to have not lost. The union are the real deal and have a roster built to win now. Nashville won’t be easy but should be another good early test.

Another good test today. Nashville is a great team coming off a great win at Seattle away. A result today would be excellent.

Watched the game on TV last night, since it was on CW23. Hope a lot of games are, but guessing you need Bally's most of the time?

Anyway, was definitely some excitement! I enjoyed it for the most part.

I know even less about soccer play than I do basketball, but what the heck.

giving up the early goal was obviously not ideal, but after that, I really thought the Loons were the stronger team for most of the game.

A little tough to tell with the field conditions, but the Loons seem to be a little faster this year.

And I liked what I saw from the new guy - Hlongwane. He seemed to give the lineup a spark when he entered.

still need to get Gasper and Metanire back. Also interested to see Dunladi in action.

Dayne had a helluva game tonight. I think we had lost if he was not it.
I didn't think the team looked good at all in the first half. Very dismal performance offensively. Reynoso missing on what should have been a 2nd goal was disappointing. He's not at his best right now.

Big win however. With the first three games, being at 5 points is a good place to be with only the one home game so far. They still need to play better though as we get closer to spring.

Give St. Dayne a trophy for that game -- not sure which trophy, but give 'em one, he earned it. Incredible game from the keeper.

Reynoso looks like he's over-thinking everything.

It's still a road win, so take the points and go home happy.

of the two goalkeepers, my gut tells me that Miller may be the steadier of the two, but I think Dayne has the higher ceiling. Hard to keep Dayne out of the lineup after that performance.

Neither of our victories have been pretty but we got them done. This is something previous loons teams would’ve struggled with. The offense needs to continue to gel and everyone needs to get healthy. Exciting times in Midway

Interesting article in the Strib about Hunou not getting much playing time. It certainly appears that Heath likes Bongi over Hunou at this point - even though Hunou is the highest-paid player on the team.

Interesting article in the Strib about Hunou not getting much playing time. It certainly appears that Heath likes Bongi over Hunou at this point - even though Hunou is the highest-paid player on the team.
I saw that. I have mixed feelings. Clearly he needs another chance. The 15 minutes he played in Philly, he hit the cross bar on a nice play. We can’t afford him to be on the bench. He needs to play or we need to sell/trade. I wish I could say I’m confident in heath to find a solution. Seems like the lions have a tendency to make some questionable decisions when it comes to scouting/signing foreign talent

Hunou set free with the addition of a high quality left back or central defender would be nice.

I think the team is suffering a bit with Gasper out getting his help. Our opportunities on the left side seem less with him out.

Nice start to the season, and I agree we would not have been fortunate to have draws and wins like we do in previous years, so if they can win ugly, we might have a pretty high ceiling if they get more in-sync offensively.

I see the Loons recently made a trade for a defender - Kemar Lawrence - from Toronto. From what I read, it sounds like Heath is looking at this guy as a possible replacement for Gasper. made it sound like Gasper is not coming back any time soon.

I see the Loons recently made a trade for a defender - Kemar Lawrence - from Toronto. From what I read, it sounds like Heath is looking at this guy as a possible replacement for Gasper. made it sound like Gasper is not coming back any time soon.

Just sharing in case you didn't see this.

Face - that is what I was referring to when I said Gasper would not be returning any time soon.

I was aware of Gasper's situation. Hey, I've been through rehab three times. I'm sympathetic.

But, strictly from a roster management standpoint, the Loons need to fill that position, hence the trade to bring in a defender.

Well I know it was an off weekend but let's appreciate the fact we got 8 points out of our first four games, 8 more than same time last year. AS always, we got a good slate of games next few weeks to see how we stack up to western conference competition in Seattle, Austin and colorado.

Top Bottom