All Things Jaxon Howard Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, Gophers Have Offered)

Anybody seen the Jaxon Howard thread? Can't seem to find it.
See, here is what you do:

rather than making a post that contributes literally nothing to the thread, to complain, you make a post that actually contains new news about Jaxon Howard's recruitment.

That's how you do it.

Looks like Miami is in contention for two edge defenders ranked above Howard (per 247). Curious how that plays out. Maybe they’d take all 3, maybe they won’t get any.

See, here is what you do:

rather than making a post that contributes literally nothing to the thread, to complain, you make a post that actually contains new news about Jaxon Howard's recruitment.

That's how you do it.
Like yours?

Don’t have a paid account but headlines like that are not surprising. Rarely do you hear about recruits not being blown away on an official visit to a school.
Agreed. There’s going to be positive feedback from all the visits he takes of this final teams. Dont let that fool you.

Here are the recaps of Howard's 4 visits (those that have happened, those are yet to happen)...he had a "great visit" the facilities are "top notch" he could definitely see himself playing at (insert school) and the really connected with the coaching staff and other recruits. It was a great visit and gave him a lot to think about.

Go Gophers!!

I can't read tea leaves. Let's hope for the best.

I wonder what type of inside info PJ and Co have. Like if they’ve been told they are out, solidly in the mix, front runner, etc.

Here are the recaps of Howard's 4 visits (those that have happened, those are yet to happen)...he had a "great visit" the facilities are "top notch" he could definitely see himself playing at (insert school) and the really connected with the coaching staff and other recruits. It was a great visit and gave him a lot to think about.

Go Gophers!!
"The visit was OK. Their facilities are somewhat dated and they could use some renovations. The fan base doesn't seem very large, and not too many folks around there seem to care much about [school] football. I'm not sure if I could see myself as a student or player there. I don't think that the coaching staff and I connect well or see eye-to-eye on what position I would be playing. I don't have much to think about after that visit."

I wonder what type of inside info PJ and Co have. Like if they’ve been told they are out, solidly in the mix, front runner, etc.
Would be interesting to know, at this point, if there is anything to gain or not for Jaxon and Willie to disclose that type of info to any of the schools, even if they indeed have talked and made soft decisions about Minnesota and/or Michigan already.

All we know if that Howard feels strong enough about 1 school to say he will make a commitment in early July. All we know at the time he stated when he would make a decision the only school he had done an official visit was with the U of Minnesota. We also know recruits (as people in general) typically put their favorites schools at the beginning and end of visit schedule (psychology shows we typically pick the first or last person in an interview so placing the best candidates there makes sense).

It should be a fun month of speculation. Hope the results lean our direction.

When a kid sets a commitment date for July 1st does that mean he already knows where he's going, or he is just confident he will have his mind made up by that date?

When a kid sets a commitment date for July 1st does that mean he already knows where he's going, or he is just confident he will have his mind made up by that date?
I believe he has made up his mind but is now rehashing thoughts in his head to make sure he has made the correct decision. Meanwhile while he goes through this process as everyone should do that, he is driving everyone else up the wall!

All we know if that Howard feels strong enough about 1 school to say he will make a commitment in early July. All we know at the time he stated when he would make a decision the only school he had done an official visit was with the U of Minnesota. We also know recruits (as people in general) typically put their favorites schools at the beginning and end of visit schedule (psychology shows we typically pick the first or last person in an interview so placing the best candidates there makes sense).

It should be a fun month of speculation. Hope the results lean our direction.
Um ... no it won't be fun. If I want drama, I'll go to the movies.

When a kid sets a commitment date it means he is ready to be done with the recruiting circus. Might not be 100% sure when the date is set but close enough to making a decision to know that he will be by that time.

Could be either, I personally think it's the latter. I think he's deciding between 2 schools and is confident he will have made up his mind by then.

Means he has a good idea about it unless something happens to change his mind.

On his GI podcast and on the Pair and a Spare podcast Ryan Burns has said Irving got $250,000.
Thanks, did not know that.

How can you possibly turn that down? Hope the money is put to good use, if indeed he was able to use it to help his family. Wish them and him all the best, hope he gets big carries at Oregon this fall.

(Nevermind that Oregon violated the rules against tampering with our roster -- can I prove that? No. Did it happen? Absolutely.)

Thanks, did not know that.

How can you possibly turn that down? Hope the money is put to good use, if indeed he was able to use it to help his family. Wish them and him all the best, hope he gets big carries at Oregon this fall.

(Nevermind that Oregon violated the rules against tampering with our roster -- can I prove that? No. Did it happen? Absolutely.)
He wont get big carries this year at least. Hope he does next year or year after. At a school like Oregon, you just need one big year and you can be drafted.

Based on the roster at RB and all ive read, this year is not in the 3 deep

Going to be an interesting week. Fingers crossed.

Well, we will have his answer by week's end but my intel is that the Gophers are a dark horse in this race.

Well, we will have his answer by week's end but my intel is that the Gophers are a dark horse in this race.
Perhaps...but Sonador did very well as a dark horse!! We're in great shape!

Does your "intel" say who the favorite is? Or are you just playing the odds.

Top Bottom