All Things Jaxon Howard Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, Gophers Have Offered)

Why would anybody? Maybe he wants to go on some trips. Not saying he’s a silent verbal just raising the possibility with all his enthusiastic tweets about the Gophers.
Yep, he's earned the right to have this kind of fun in these moments. It's really a once in a lifetime opportunity, I would want my son to enjoy himself. I actually think even Carter Coughlin took the visits to Ohio State and Oregon.

I think we have a legitimate shot at Jackson Howard but we'll see how the next few weeks play out.

he clearly has some deep relationships with guys on the roster and the hometown pull. hopefully it'll be enough to keep him. impact guys on the DL are huge for a program

Not to read into this too much but he's placed his commitment date a week after his last official visit. He also hasn't been on any of his other official visits. For him to be confident he can make a decision in a week, means to me he's already narrowed it down to 1 or 2 schools (rumors were it's down to us and Miami I think, so that tracks) and he doesn't anticipate the other schools will make the decision any harder.

Likely means in that last week he's only really going to be deciding between us and Miami.

Not to read into this too much but he's placed his commitment date a week after his last official visit. He also hasn't been on any of his other official visits. For him to be confident he can make a decision in a week, means to me he's already narrowed it down to 1 or 2 schools (rumors were it's down to us and Miami I think, so that tracks) and he doesn't anticipate the other schools will make the decision any harder.

Likely means in that last week he's only really going to be deciding between us and Miami.
Here's to hoping this Miami/Ruiz NCAA investigation gets ugly quick.

You could be right.

To me I would just read that as he and Coach Willie already have a very good idea of what each school, team, coaching staff, program (including NIL potential) brings to the table. The OVs are just a chance for each to make their best and final pitch.

Path to playing time, path to NFL, path to best NIL, potential to play for a (conf) championship ... these are going to be the serious factors for a major recruit like Howard, is my wild guess.

I don't think he's going to pick Michigan over someone else because of academic ranking, for example.

Anyone know if he and the kid formerly from woodbury who committed to Miami are friends?

Would also like to point out to Mr. Howard despite their built in advantages, Minnesota landed more guys in the NFL draft this year than Miami and Oregon combined

Would also like to point out to Mr. Howard despite their built in advantages, Minnesota landed more guys in the NFL draft this year than Miami and Oregon combined
What built in advantages does Oregon have?

You don't think Nike has helped Oregon football?
Maybe some but not as much recently. It’s not like the gophers wear the same jerseys every game. They aren’t pumping in NIL money. I think the cool new uniform every game thing is kind of played out there and they definitely aren’t at the top for that stuff anymore.

I guess they elevated them and now they are a top 4 for now PAC team

Top Bottom