All Things Jaxon Howard Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, Gophers Have Offered)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Had a great unofficial yesterday at <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherFootball?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@GopherFootball</a> and got to meet <a href="https://twitter.com/boye_mafe?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@boye_mafe</a> !!! Congratulations on being drafted to the <a href="https://twitter.com/Seahawks?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@Seahawks</a> !!! <a href="https://t.co/yR9aiiCX6m">pic.twitter.com/yR9aiiCX6m</a></p>&mdash; Jaxon Howard (@11JaxonHoward) <a href="">May 1, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Had a great unofficial yesterday at <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherFootball?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@GopherFootball</a> and got to meet <a href="https://twitter.com/boye_mafe?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@boye_mafe</a> !!! Congratulations on being drafted to the <a href="https://twitter.com/Seahawks?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@Seahawks</a> !!! <a href="https://t.co/yR9aiiCX6m">pic.twitter.com/yR9aiiCX6m</a></p>&mdash; Jaxon Howard (@11JaxonHoward) <a href="">May 1, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Just fyi, you can now just paste the URL of the tweet and the tweet will embed automatically. No need to copy the embed code from Twitter anymore.

Miami is working out a big NIL deal, I am sure. With all the NIL money being thrown at certain Miami players, Jaxon would be a fool to go to Miami if he were one of the “have nots” without big NIL money firmly committed. That locker room, with haves and have nots, could be a toxic place as the season rolls on. Be careful of what you might get yourself into young man. All that glistens is not gold. (But the Gophers are gold!)

Just fyi, you can now just paste the URL of the tweet and the tweet will embed automatically. No need to copy the embed code from Twitter anymore.
Thank you - I was wondering if everyone else was smarter than me.

Thank you - I was wondering if everyone else was smarter than me.
No problem, I think this change happened when the forum updated to it's new look and backend a while back, but I don't know if it was called out anywhere or not.

Miami is working out a big NIL deal, I am sure. With all the NIL money being thrown at certain Miami players, Jaxon would be a fool to go to Miami if he were one of the “have nots” without big NIL money firmly committed. That locker room, with haves and have nots, could be a toxic place as the season rolls on. Be careful of what you might get yourself into young man. All that glistens is not gold. (But the Gophers are gold!)
$ fixes everything

Go Gophers!!
Seen this movie so many times before.

Local kid either feels he "owes it to us" or thinks he's doing us a favor, to keep us in the final X, when it's a complete lie.

Or doesn't want to be harassed by locals, etc. Make up whatever story you want.

Local kid either feels he "owes it to us" or thinks he's doing us a favor, to keep us in the final X, when it's a complete lie.

This one feels different. (To me atleast) I won't "bet" on it... But I think he's a gopher

He has zero reason to do an official visit here on what clearly is a really important recruiting weekend if he is just stringing us along.

I get the default mode in Minnesota is to assume bad things are going to happen but the way Jaxon has handled things it does not feel at all like he is just giving us token interest.

He might ultimately end up going somewhere else but I 100% think we are in the mix and have a great shot of getting him to come here.

This one feels way more Carter Coughlin than Chet Holmgren.

Yeah local kids with good offers never pick us...probably because they are entitled amirite?

(we will just leave out all the times that didn't happen so as to prove your paranoia)

The movie you have been watching does not have a team 20-6 in its last two real seasons and sending several players to the NFL. Minnesota offers Howard a legitimate opportunity to stand out on a championship team.

He has zero reason to do an official visit here on what clearly is a really important recruiting weekend if he is just stringing us along.

I get the default mode in Minnesota is to assume bad things are going to happen but the way Jaxon has handled things it does not feel at all like he is just giving us token interest.

He might ultimately end up going somewhere else but I 100% think we are in the mix and have a great shot of getting him to come here.

This one feels way more Carter Coughlin than Chet Holmgren.
So, just because he gave us enough courtesy to take our free lavishing, wining & dining, and such on him, that's why you think he's serious about coming here?

Don't recruits get 5 official visits? If he only has a top 4, then he could visit all of them, even if he really knows its down to 2 or even just 1.

Sorry but, anything short of him coming here .... obviously he's going to say the right things. "I love Coach Fleck's culture and program and very seriously considered staying home ..... BUUUUUTTT ..."

Then fill in the rest however you want. There's no way to prove or disprove it, to tell if he's being genuine or just saying the right thing.

Yawn. Sorry, stupid, old, recycled nonsense. You may accidentally end up being correct, but you have NO IDEA if this is his reasoning. Sorry, everyone. I should just block and move on. I shouldn’t disrupt this genius’s flow.

So, just because he gave us enough courtesy to take our free lavishing, wining & dining, and such on him, that's why you think he's serious about coming here?

Don't recruits get 5 official visits? If he only has a top 4, then he could visit all of them, even if he really knows its down to 2 or even just 1.

Sorry but, anything short of him coming here .... obviously he's going to say the right things. "I love Coach Fleck's culture and program and very seriously considered staying home ..... BUUUUUTTT ..."

Then fill in the rest however you want. There's no way to prove or disprove it, to tell if he's being genuine or just saying the right thing.
Again, fully understand where the cynicism and negativity is coming from. Just think it is misplaced in this particular case. Howard isn't just going through the motions with the U. He has been on campus a number of times, was at the spring game, tweets about the program regularly....there is far more to it than just him taking an official visit here to make people think he has legit interest in the U of M as a possible destination.

He could end up somewhere else when it is all said and done but I stand by my belief that he is not just pretending to be interested in the U of M. I know that has happened in the past but every situation and every recruit is different.

Again, fully understand where the cynicism and negativity is coming from. Just think it is misplaced in this particular case. Howard isn't just going through the motions with the U. He has been on campus a number of times, was at the spring game, tweets about the program regularly....there is far more to it than just him taking an official visit here to make people think he has legit interest in the U of M as a possible destination.

He could end up somewhere else when it is all said and done but I stand by my belief that he is not just pretending to be interested in the U of M. I know that has happened in the past but every situation and every recruit is different.
You're right. Solid post.

Also, I apologize for raining on folks' parade.

I know fans want to come on here and be positive and hopeful. So I'll shut the hell up now.

The movie you have been watching does not have a team 20-6 in its last two real seasons and sending several players to the NFL. Minnesota offers Howard a legitimate opportunity to stand out on a championship team.
Whoa, don't know why I never did the math on that, but toss out 2020 and that's pretty freaking cool. Add in the draft picks, bowl wins over FBS teams (one obviously more impressive than the other), and some impressive wins like PSU and Wisconsin and I can't imagine many Gophers fans wouldn't have taken that in a heartbeat when Fleck was hired. The program has come so far.

Also, I apologize for raining on folks' parade.

I know fans want to come on here and be positive and hopeful. So I'll shut the hell up now.

I think we all get it...we have seen the movie too and it sucks every time. But it is not a guarantee and unlike some who were obviously going elsewhere, Jaxson seems to actually like The Gophers. He may go elsewhere but I think he is sincere.

What Gopher uniform is he wearing? It looks dark blue to me. Should never have recruits in anything but maroon or gold.
The black uniform they wore vs Ohio State

Attachments

• 1235024848.0.jpg
    1235024848.0.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 3

Top Bottom