All Things Jaxon Howard Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, Gophers Have Offered)

In actual Jaxon Howard news.....(we can still post that here right). I see there is a premium story on Gohperillustrated saying Howard set 3 spring visits. And on his prospect page LSU, Miami, and Minnesota now show as Warm so assuming those would be the destinations he picked so far but that is just a guess based on clues as I don't have premium access.

Would definitely see it is a positive for us if he is using an official visit on us given his proximity to campus.

Sorry to derail the thread with actual info about Howard.... :)
He gone!

Willie Howard, Jaxon's father, was at the U's Pro Day today to see Phillip (cousin), but was talking with the U coaches plenty in that time. This according to Burns.
Can he resist the temptation of the LSU and Miami bagmen NIL money however?

Minnesota’s top football recruit has Gophers, all top programs after him​

Jaxon said he plans to speak to Coughlin in the near future. Coughlin, who had deep, generational family connections to the U, stayed home over other options, primarily Ohio State and Oregon.

“Looking at his story, he had offers from multiple places and the best thing about him is he … found the school that completely fit him,” Jaxon said. “We can see the numbers. Minnesota fit him perfectly, and it made him an even better player. Look at where he is now: He’s in the NFL.

“For me, I’ve got to find that certain place, whether it’s the University of Minnesota — or it might not be. I’ve got to find what fits me perfectly.”

Go Gophers!

I have heard that fit and relationships with the coaching staff are more important to Howard than NIL.
I hope you're right. This would be a huge addition.....It's gotta help that he sees all the love that Mafe is getting for the upcoming draft. You can be a 1st round pick here just as much at Miami or LSU......

This one has all the makings of a MN commit . Just my gut.... And we have 2 top 100 players seriously considering us.. would be huge gets

None of the other top recruits from mn was as vocal about the club as he is... Really think we have a great shot at landing him

Wise. He’ll make much more as a pro. The NIL is fool’s gold for someone at his level
Isnt fools gold fake gold, so are you saying he would be getting monopoly money if he were gonna have any NIL money be the reason why he picks a place?

Isnt fools gold fake gold, so are you saying he would be getting monopoly money if he were gonna have any NIL money be the reason why he picks a place?

It’s short sighted thinking to have the NIL be the most important factor in choosing his school - more important for him to set himself up for the riches of The League by finding a great school for him to learn and grow as a player/man.

Fools Gold = It’s a metaphor bro.

Last edited:

My closest neighbors is about 1/2 mile away.... She can sit out on her porch and have a normal.conversation and I can hear it word for word... These hollers echo like no other....

Wise. He’ll make much more as a pro. The NIL is fool’s gold for someone at his level
No guarantees he ever plays a single down in the NFL. Many higher rated recruits than him fail to make it to the league. NIL pays him now. IF he makes the league, then he can have that money too.

No guarantees he ever plays a single down in the NFL. Many higher rated recruits than him fail to make it to the league. NIL pays him now. IF he makes the league, then he can have that money too.

You missed my point apparently, as I stated it shouldn’t be the primary consideration and based on the what his father said, neither does the family, as the Gophers can’t complete on that level at this juncture and I doubt they want to or Fleck feels he has to for the kids that fit his culture, It’s the 30k view, not the one from ground level.
Clearer now?
🤓

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Come join the fam <a href="https://twitter.com/11JaxonHoward?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@11JaxonHoward</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RTB?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#RTB</a> 〽️🚣 <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherFootball?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@GopherFootball</a> <a href="https://t.co/Zslb8MHwKz">pic.twitter.com/Zslb8MHwKz</a></p>&mdash; Darius Taylor💫 (@dariustaylor_14) <a href="">May 1, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You missed my point apparently, as I stated it shouldn’t be the primary consideration and based on the what his father said, neither does the family, as the Gophers can’t complete on that level at this juncture and I doubt they want to or Fleck feels he has to for the kids that fit his culture, It’s the 30k view, not the one from ground level.
Clearer now?
🤓
That isn’t what you said at all but I agree. Don’t make a decision based solely on NIL but people also need to realize that NIL may be the only money these kids make playing the game. Especially football where a lot can happen in those 3 yeara

That isn’t what you said at all but I agree. Don’t make a decision based solely on NIL but people also need to realize that NIL may be the only money these kids make playing the game. Especially football where a lot can happen in those 3 yeara

“Primary” (2nd post) = “most important factor” (1st post) when discussing NIL offers when choosing a school, ergo they are in essence synonyms, unless one wants to play semantic games or possesses poor reading comprehension.

I’m going to sleep, so if you feel like u want to continue to tell me I’m wrong go ahead, I’m done playing bro

“Primary” (2nd post) = “most important factor” (1st post) when discussing NIL offers when choosing a school, ergo they are in essence synonyms, unless one wants to play semantic games or possesses poor reading comprehension.

I’m going to sleep, so if you feel like u want to continue to tell me I’m wrong go ahead, I’m done playing bro
Huh? I’m so confused. Have a good night, bro?

Top Bottom