All Things Jaxon Howard Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, Gophers Have Offered)

We sure hope he stays home. My read is that he will end up in a top P5 school. This is more than about Jaxon Howard.

The Gophers need a break to sweep the top four in-state recruits. I don't think this has ever happened before. Elinneus Davis also has not committed to a school.

Last edited:

Does he actually have five schools he's interested in?? Or just not wanting to waste a single drop of every bit of luxury and fawning over that each of the 5 will lavish on him during his visit?

That's his right, he's earned it.

Does he actually have five schools he's interested in?? Or just not wanting to waste a single drop of every bit of luxury and fawning over that each of the 5 will lavish on him during his visit?

That's his right, he's earned it.
Who knows, but I know if I were a top recruit I would definitely take all 5 visits. Those have to be a blast for a high school kid to be treated like a celebrity on campus.

Who knows, but I know if I were a top recruit I would definitely take all 5 visits. Those have to be a blast for a high school kid to be treated like a celebrity on campus.
Clearly an opportunity for many of these guys. I wonder how much pressure they are put under though when they make these trips? If it is a lot, I wouldn't enjoy it.

Will be interesting to see if he takes an official to Dinkytown or does an unofficial since the cost to visit campus is like $200 (based on current gas prices 😉) which is far less than any other school he’d be interested in.

Clearly an opportunity for many of these guys. I wonder how much pressure they are put under though when they make these trips? If it is a lot, I wouldn't enjoy it.
Just have to approach it like a time share presentation. Go in knowing you aren't going to say yes unless you are 100% sold on taking more vacations with your family to this specific location. Otherwise just enjoy the perks and sit through the presentation :)

Just have to approach it like a time share presentation. Go in knowing you aren't going to say yes unless you are 100% sold on taking more vacations with your family to this specific location. Otherwise just enjoy the perks and sit through the presentation :)
It has to be way more fun than a time share presentation.

Will be interesting to see if he takes an official to Dinkytown or does an unofficial since the cost to visit campus is like $200 (based on current gas prices 😉) which is far less than any other school he’d be interested in.
Exactly. Why should any local recruit "waste" an official on the U when they can basically come for any home games they want, including being on the field, courtside, etc.

It has to be way more fun than a time share presentation.
I've done one time share presentation. Absolutely horrible experience. The only thing I learned was that next time I do one of these things, if given the opportunity like I was, but didn't take. I would sign up for the earlier presentation as that group needs to get cleared out for the next group.

I was in the 2nd group, and I had 3 hard core people one at a time approach me. My daughter and her friend learned too that they would never sign up for one of these as they were with me and my wife.

I've done one time share presentation. Absolutely horrible experience. The only thing I learned was that next time I do one of these things, if given the opportunity like I was, but didn't take. I would sign up for the earlier presentation as that group needs to get cleared out for the next group.

I was in the 2nd group, and I had 3 hard core people one at a time approach me. My daughter and her friend learned too that they would never sign up for one of these as they were with me and my wife.
I would eat the filet mignon and lobster if they have them, but I will say no. There are too many horror stories out there.

I would eat the filet mignon and lobster if they have them, but I will say no. There are too many horror stories out there.
We got suckered into one on a trip to Mexico years ago. It was torture listening to the half interested pitch by some kid who probably didn't even know where he was exactly. My wife got food poisoning from the free meal to top it off.

My wife and kids took a trip to a warm location. My mother in law and her man got down there a day or two prior. Upon our arrival, my wife was getting texts that we were going to do a fun outing / tour and MIL was wanting to pay for it and buy us breakfast.

As more details emerge, we needed to meet her at this resort. In fact, it was a timeshare presentation. Someone at the airport talked her into us coming to this. The breakfast was fine, and me and my MIL's man essentially spend the whole time being sarcastic and joking with the tour sales person.

We gave the guy a lot of grief and he gave it back which was fun, but it wasn't the way I was planning on spending the first half day of vacation. My MIL got some van / bus tickets to go to a different attraction, but at that point in the day, we decided to take the kids back to base camp and call it a day and start enjoying our location.

I do believe my MIL mentioned on social media how she was "treating us".

We got suckered into one on a trip to Mexico years ago. It was torture listening to the half interested pitch by some kid who probably didn't even know where he was exactly. My wife got food poisoning from the free meal to top it off.
I don't remember the exact details of the one I attended, but I was doing the math in my head during the tour, and the ending went something like this, after we finished the tour of the property in a golf cart:

Agent: So, what do you think?
UU: Did you mention that the company spent close to $500MM to build this?
Agent: Yes, pretty impressive...so what do you think?
UU: Well, if you take the suggested cost to me for 1 week at $22,500, and there are 300 units in this building, and you sell out every one for 52 weeks, and there are a total of 12 similar buildings...without a calculator, I think that is just over $4BB, so there seems to be a whole hell of a profit in building a timeshare resort...what do you think?
Agent: Uhm...I think you're pretty good at math.

The "closing" agent did not have success, even dropping the price to under $5,000. I had fun with it.

Want to sincerely apologize for turning this thread into a time share discussion..... :)

My bad.
We are in a football dead zone. Just don't try to sell me a timeshare.

I don't remember the exact details of the one I attended, but I was doing the math in my head during the tour, and the ending went something like this, after we finished the tour of the property in a golf cart:

Agent: So, what do you think?
UU: Did you mention that the company spent close to $500MM to build this?
Agent: Yes, pretty impressive...so what do you think?
UU: Well, if you take the suggested cost to me for 1 week at $22,500, and there are 300 units in this building, and you sell out every one for 52 weeks, and there are a total of 12 similar buildings...without a calculator, I think that is just over $4BB, so there seems to be a whole hell of a profit in building a timeshare resort...what do you think?
Agent: Uhm...I think you're pretty good at math.

The "closing" agent did not have success, even dropping the price to under $5,000. I had fun with it.
Yep. Similar story here. When I started with the math and logic, the “appointment” ended rather quickly. 😉

I guess the main issue I have with timeshares, I think, is that once you buy it, it's like buying a piece of property. Right?

Point being, if you decide it's not for you, it requires you to find someone to buy it from you?

It must work well for some number of people, or it wouldn't be around.

I guess the main issue I have with timeshares, I think, is that once you buy it, it's like buying a piece of property. Right?

Point being, if you decide it's not for you, it requires you to find someone to buy it from you?

It must work well for some number of people, or it wouldn't be around.
It works for me. Just spent 45 glorious days in Hawaii with TS.

It works for me. Just spent 45 glorious days in Hawaii with TS.
Glad it worked out for you. Doesn't work out it seems for the high percentage of people. Seems to be a scam in my opinion for the average person.

Top Bottom