All Things Jaxon Howard Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, COMMITS TO GOPHERS!!)

Now compare PJF to Mike Gundy.

You won't because you know I'm right.

2-8 vs Wisky and Iowa with zero division titles.

Yep, ELITE.
You ever gonna respond to the fact that we have 7 of the top 10 in state recruits, and that Davis is #4 instate and not #2?

I hope Howard enjoys his time in Baton Rouge and goes on to the NFL. He definitely will never work in this town again!

Like most you, I'm bummed but not surprised that Howard committed elsewhere. While I'm 100% confident a kid with his ability has the same chance of being drafted to the NFL out of MN as LSU, there's a lot of other factors working in LSU's favor. Maybe it's the money, maybe it's the exposure, maybe it's the chance to win a natty, or maybe it's competing daily against the best of the best in practice. None of us can honestly say he won't get WAY more of those things at LSU than MN. Wish it weren't the case and hope for a future a few years from now when all those things are available to recruits considering MN, but right now they pick the U for different reasons...apparently none of which were high on Howard's list.

I was 100 percent sure he wouldn’t be a Gopher. Was disappointed for about a second. Seen this movie a hundred times. The tiresome thing is these kids actually list Minnesota in their final schools. Perhaps going forward with the NIL money it’s more understandable I guess. Of course in the case of the SEC. the money has probably been flowing for decades. Seems like a good kid. The next TV event basketball player Chatman from Totino goes to Kansas.

Some highly sought-after Minnesota kids will go where they think they get the most NFL exposure. We hope some will return like Quinn Carroll.

PJ Fleck will go to Plan B. He may surprise us and get a player that will develop better.

Not that far from his home school Cooper we have a place called the Cajun Kitchen that does creole-style seafood low country boil that is served steaming hot in a plastic bag to your table.

Maybe the kid just wants the real deal there in Baton Rouge...

I was 100 percent sure he wouldn’t be a Gopher. Was disappointed for about a second. Seen this movie a hundred times. The tiresome thing is these kids actually list Minnesota in their final schools. Perhaps going forward with the NIL money it’s more understandable I guess. Of course in the case of the SEC. the money has probably been flowing for decades. Seems like a good kid. The next TV event basketball player Chatman from Totino goes to Kansas.
More tiresome is the media attention it draws. I know TV stations are not working for the U of M, but it's the flagship institution, much beloved and respected despite the amplified negative news at times. It gets tiresome to see the cap or whatever with the "M" on it sitting there and knowing it's nothing but a god damn prop. Don't know, but I suspect that doesn't happen in too many other places.

Not that far from his home school Cooper we have a place called the Cajun Kitchen that does creole-style seafood low country boil that is served steaming hot in a plastic bag to your table.

Is it good?

Yep. That was it.

Down in BR they have a different sort of thing that arrives in a bag, though ...

Is it good?
Short answer is yes. You can decide on the spicy level for the butter-oil sauce...even just receiving steamed shellfish/sausage/veggies with the sauce on the side. The sauce is on salty side but I'm a heart disease/high BP guy so everything is salty to me. Family of four for about $60 or so. They have limited wine/beer too.

Here's the link: https://www.cajunkitchencrystal.com/

Or he wants to play in front of a full stadium of rabid fans

There are many reasons to go to any school. Probably went for the football culture and guessing there’s more opportunities to make money.
True. I can make a long list of reasons to play at Minnesota. The LSU list will win out more often. It is a totally different football experience.

I will be very much surprised if Howard picks the Gophers tomorrow. I’ve just seen this go the same way with highly regarded MN bball and fball recruits seemingly every time.

It is repeating history that I can’t off hand think of exceptions. Huge impressive offer list. Final three or four consisting of household brand names AND the Gophers. All the right, hopeful comments from the recruit. Announced commitment date, usually involving a table and hats. Off they go to the state of North Carolina or Florida. I wonder why I bothered to be interested. Rinse. Repeat.

The only variable seems to be KARE 11 being dumb enough to show it live.
I hate being right all the time.

Really, the next time a four or five star MN recruit names the U a “finalist” and wants to sit at a table with a hat reveal ceremony… local media should run the other way. I’m to the point I can guarantee I will run the other way.

He was a nightmare.
I'm not kidding you, it's Boomtime. Check out the "bitchslapping" comment. That is pure Pantherhawk.

I'm not saying it as an insult, Boomtime is literally Pantherhawk.

Lol yes, I was referring to bags of cash.

But of course, you don't need to hide it in bags these days.

Good luck Jaxon! Door is wide open to transfer home, when you're ready

Top Bottom