All Things Jaxon Howard Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, COMMITS TO GOPHERS!!)

Seeing as Gopherhole is my source for Gopher news - this is the first I've heard of him. What's the story with this kid? Related to Philip Howard? I think Philip was a Cooper graduate as well. Obviously Barber was, so that helps.

But my goodness, that's a lot of offers. I watched the first 30 seconds of the highlight video...looks good I guess

Seeing as Gopherhole is my source for Gopher news - this is the first I've heard of him. What's the story with this kid? Related to Philip Howard? I think Philip was a Cooper graduate as well. Obviously Barber was, so that helps.

But my goodness, that's a lot of offers. I watched the first 30 seconds of the highlight video...looks good I guess

Former Viking, Willie Howard’s son. Willie is the Head Coach at Cooper. Jaxon will probably be a 5-star, or very close to it.

Barber was an Armstrong guy.

Fans on Rivals say K-State, so we probably shouldn't get our hopes up.
He also is part of the 2023 class, which gives him plenty of time to change his mind....

Fans on Rivals say K-State, so we probably shouldn't get our hopes up.
can i just ask why in the hell he would go to K State out of all those offers and based upon where he's from? Seems like a real bizarre selection out of all the places

I guess that may have been too dry (and I realize now people could think I meant the Rivals forums, not the Fan FutureCast). Was being completely sarcastic about how useless that feature is.

Bleed, true dedication to excellence posting all these individual offers tweets!

Bleed, true dedication to excellence posting all these individual offers tweets!

Ha! Thanks...I started with the first few and said "well, might as well go all in!" In doing so, I came to the realization that Howard is about as self promotional on Twitter as any recruit I've seen in a long time. Must be a heck of a player though to have this many offers before his freshman year was over.

Go Gophers!!

I think Barber came from Armstrong. Not ? though!

Barber was an Armstrong guy.
Same school district. Just a matter of which side of 169 you live on.

Probably easy enough to switch from Cooper to Armstrong. Back in the day, Armstrong was in the same conference as Minnetonka, Hopkins, etc. Better competition. And Cooper was awful.

Things change!

His dad went to Stanford. They will probably be in the running.

Offering a kid in 9th grade is the dumbest thing ever

Offering a kid in 9th grade is the dumbest thing ever

The jury is still out on Grant Ryerse. I think he was offered and committed two years early. It is a hit and miss game.

The pace of modern recruiting and analytics have gone bonkers. Kids are getting "found" faster.

Is he going to play TE? I hope new OC Sanford utilizes TEs in addition to WRs. There is only so many passes to catch, it will be interesting to see how it impacts the distribution of passes.

We don't want to let a home town 5-Star get away that easy. Imagine his impact into overall Gopher recruiting.

The jury is still out on Grant Ryerse. I think he was offered and committed two years early. It is a hit and miss game.

The pace of modern recruiting and analytics have gone bonkers. Kids are getting "found" faster.

Is he going to play TE? I hope new OC Sanford utilizes TEs in addition to WRs. There is only so many passes to catch, it will be interesting to see how it impacts the distribution of passes.

We don't want to let a home town 5-Star get away that easy. Imagine his impact into overall Gopher recruiting.

He could play DE, as well. It’s too early to say. His dad was asked about it, and he basically said wherever the team needs him. It sounds like he’s equally talented on both sides of the ball.

The Penn State Game gave all we've got to a visiting recruit no matter where he's from.

Still shy 5000 butts-in-the-seat as I recall but it was electric from before the start to after the finish.

Sure, other places may have "it" more than the Gophers but that was a heck of a gameday.

Glad he saw it and has it to compare. Can't ask for anything more...

Top Bottom