All Things Jaxon Howard Recruitment Thread (Class of 2023, Gophers Have Offered)

LSU, isn't that where Brian Kelly lied to ND recruits, then took the LSU job and instantly had a thick southern accent when he first addressed their fans?

Why on Earth will he go there other than money?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I like that top four bro <a href="https://twitter.com/collin6_?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@collin6_</a> <a href="https://t.co/9VBr5NU45i">https://t.co/9VBr5NU45i</a></p>&mdash; Jaxon Howard (@11JaxonHoward) <a href="">June 29, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
So Jaxon Howard liked someone else’s top 4. Is there something else significant about that?

Without NIL, I would have been about 75% confident Howard was going to be a Gopher. With NIL, I was about 20% confident, and the Crystal Ball to LSU now has me at an optimistic 10%. I would love to be wrong.
Well, it's just time to move on. I am just waiting to see if anyone else from the June 10th weekend commits.

Saw on 24/7 that Iowa got the top in State guy today. From the same high school as last year's #1 recruit.

In these smaller States with less high end talent, getting the top guys has to be the priority. Fkeck just has to get the Howard commitment tomorrow.

And you supplement that with Texas/Florida/Georgia talent. The Gophs will never be truly elite until guys like Howard, Davis, Heyer, Mahlman, Kaden Johnson, and Carroll(1st time) are Gophers.

Saw on 24/7 that Iowa got the top in State guy today. From the same high school as last year's #1 recruit.

In these smaller States with less high end talent, getting the top guys has to be the priority. Fkeck just has to get the Howard commitment tomorrow.

And you supplement that with Texas/Florida/Georgia talent. The Gophs will never be truly elite until guys like Howard, Davis, Heyer, Mahlman, Kaden Johnson, and Carroll(1st time) are Gophers.
Kaden Johnson really has done nothing of significance and Carroll has 3 years left.

Elinneus Davis better hurry and get his commitment papers in. Fleck's boat will leave with or without him.

Kaden Johnson really has done nothing of significance and Carroll has 3 years left.
^ This. Maybe trust in the coaching staffs evalution skills a bit more when they dont go after a guy as hard as some of us might want them to.

Sometimes we dont think of the limited time coaches have to recruit. You dont make it to the Power 5 level w/o knowing how to prioritize your time, that means understanding when its not worth your time recruiting someone after a few conversations.

Its literally like dating.

You missed the point.

PJ has swung and missed on the top guy from this State in every single recruiting cycle since he arrived.

When does that end?

Tomorrow?

Elinneus Davis better hurry and get his commitment papers in. Fleck's boat will leave with or without him.
Iowa State fans feel pretty confident Davis is theirs to lose.

If Fleck loses Howard AND Davis, PJ's boat will be heading upstream without an oar.

You missed the point.

PJ has swung and missed on the top guy from this State in every single recruiting cycle since he arrived.

When does that end?

Tomorrow?
PJ will likely still be batting zero but tomorrow? The sun will come up and we'll be just fine.
We are poised to win 9,10 games again. I see progress.
"You missed the point." It says there is more than one path to the top.

Iowa State fans feel pretty confident Davis is theirs to lose.

If Fleck loses Howard AND Davis, PJ's boat will be heading upstream without an oar.
So you must think Davis is going to be pretty great? Pretty sure if he was from out of stat you’d be calling him a low rated 3 star.

Last edited:

I think Howard would be great for perception. Obviously highly rated. Not sure he is leaps and bounds ahead of other targets

We didn’t even offer Davis until well after Washington and Iowa State.

His decision determines nothing about the class.

Last edited:

So you must think Davis is going to be pretty great? Pretty sure if he was from out of stat you’d be calling him a low rated 3 star.
Optics, my man. Optics.

As discussed previously, when talent is thin in the State you have to nab the top guys. Davis might not be in the top 100 in Florida or Texas, but he's #2 here. It has long term effects as younger guys continually see guys leaving Minnesota.

Fleck has been hailed as this master recruiter. Leaps and bounds ahead of previous Gopher HCs.

Time, actually long past time, to prove it.

Optics, my man. Optics.

As discussed previously, when talent is thin in the State you have to nab the top guys. Davis might not be in the top 100 in Florida or Texas, but he's #2 here. It has long term effects as younger guys continually see guys leaving Minnesota.

Fleck has been hailed as this master recruiter. Leaps and bounds ahead of previous Gopher HCs.

By who exactly? The only people I hear citing this are guys like you trying to downplay everything he does. He is recruiting at a higher level than previous coaches, and is winning more as well. Whether he proves to be a "master recruiter" or not, I don't really care as long as we see results on the field.

By who exactly? The only people I hear citing this are guys like you trying to downplay everything he does. He is recruiting at a higher level than previous coaches, and is winning more as well. Whether he proves to be a "master recruiter" or not, I don't really care as long as we see results on the field.
Yep... that .603 winning percentage just SCREAMS ELITE.

JFC

Yep... that .603 winning percentage just SCREAMS ELITE.

JFC
I feel bad for you. I can't imagine what it's like to create a GH account for the sole purpose of ripping on the head coach.

Anyway I won't spend anymore time trying to convince you to enjoy things, so best of luck going forward.

Optics, my man. Optics.

Ah yes, and 7 of the top 10 instate recruits committing to us is TOTALLY bad optics, I gotcha.

By the way, don't know what site you looked at, but Davis is #4 in the state according to the 247 composite rankings, we already have #2 and #3 in those rankings committed.

Top Bottom