All Things Isaac Asuma Recruitment Thread (Class of 2024, Minnesota's Top In-State Target)

And sadly, the Gophers and low level P6 is trending in the same direction as mid-majors...they are turning into a proving ground for high p6 schools.
Theoretically it could help some of the lower level programs too. Lower levels/programs might get better talent out of HS because guys want to play right away. With the transfer portal, players know they can move up if they're good enough. So instead of possibly sitting on the bench for a year or two, they can get a lot of that playing time right away, then transfer when they want.

Theoretically it could help some of the lower level programs too. Lower levels/programs might get better talent out of HS because guys want to play right away. With the transfer portal, players know they can move up if they're good enough. So instead of possibly sitting on the bench for a year or two, they can get a lot of that playing time right away, then transfer when they want.
Completely agree.

I think our Final Four team had a little more talent surrounding Eric Harris than what will be surrounding Assuma (can we agree to that)? Time will tell with Assuma, I think he will ultimately be a low % shooting 2 guard, which would either require Christie to shift to SF or force Assuma into a position he isn't suited for (as a Sophomore), which is PG.
And you make this pronouncement on ASUma’s shooting because you have heavily scouted him or because you just pulled something out of thin air based on some game you saw in the past?

Assuma is a bit like Devoe Joseph 6-3 pg who isn’t super quick but can change pace and get to the rim or stop for 15ft 2’s. Assuma might already be bigger than Joseph weight wise. I don’t remember if he was great from 3. He became all pac 12 at Oregon.

And you make this pronouncement on ASUma’s shooting because you have heavily scouted him or because you just pulled something out of thin air based on some game you saw in the past?
You watch enough of the videos and you can tell. Plus, being in basketball gyms for over 20 years, you can see when guys are shooters and when others aren’t.

If he isn’t a quick/fast PG, perhaps he’ll be a taller Butch Lee—the 6’ PG for the 77 national champs Marquette. The strongest dribbler I’ve ever seen. Asuma looks strong. He’ll be fine.

I think Rock Ridge needs a new Sheriff.

(seriously, every time I see that name listed on a scoreboard, I start laughing. I picture Gabby Johnson as the Head Coach.....IYKYK).
Hey, that’s my home town (Eveleth). I believe the name comes from the fact that the Laurentian Divide runs through the area. Water flows north on one side and south on the other side!

(seriously, every time I see that name listed on a scoreboard, I start laughing. I picture Gabby Johnson as the Head Coach.....IYKYK).
Hey, that’s my home town. I believe the name comes from the fact that the Laurentian Divide runs through the area. Water flows north on one side and south on the other side.

What in the wide wide world of sports is a-goin' on here??

Last edited:

Hey, that’s my home town. I believe the name comes from the fact that the Laurentian Divide runs through the area. Water flows north on one side and south on the other side.
Very cool! Did you ever find yourself going the wrong way in a canoe? 🤔

(03/01) Cherry Tigers vs Mesabi East Giants

Senior Night at Cherry High School, Last scheduled high school home game for Isaac Asuma

"Click on watch on Youtube"

(03/01) Cherry Tigers vs Mesabi East Giants

Senior Night at Cherry High School, Last scheduled high school home game for Isaac Asuma

"Click on watch on Youtube"
Isaac Asimov plays basketball? 🤔

Top Bottom