All Things Hate Crimes in America

Wally

Reaction score
This is what I said "If you believe calling a Virus the country where it originated from is leading to a rise in hate crimes, then you are the problem". You can call it whatever you want, I have listed other reasons far more likely for the rise in violent crime. If you want to reduce the issue to Trump bad, he say bad thing, than you are likely glossing over several more legitimate reasons leading to the rise in violent crime.

What do you think caused or enabled that guy to kill 8 people?

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
Thats not what I asked.
Ok? What causes anyone to become addicted to sex parlors and then think murder is the answer to their addiction? I would say his parents likely failed him, and having no support as an adult enabled his mental illness to take over. Now he will be locked up where he rightly belongs as he is clearly a danger to society.

cncmin

Reaction score
Ok? What causes anyone to become addicted to sex parlors and then think murder is the answer to their addiction? I would say his parents likely failed him, and having no support as an adult enabled his mental illness to take over. Now he will be locked up where he rightly belongs as he is clearly a danger to society.
His parents may have failed him. Others just go crazy. There are millions of other heavily deluded folks in this country one step away from committing similar heinous acts, and the vast majority of those folks have one thing in common.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
His parents may have failed him. Others just go crazy. There are millions of other heavily deluded folks in this country one step away from committing similar heinous acts, and the vast majority of those folks have one thing in common.
Generally they are on prescribed medication for mental health issues. It is really sad to see.

cncmin

Reaction score
Generally they are on prescribed medication for mental health issues. It is really sad to see.
Or not on medicine and perhaps they should be. Most of these folks deny they need help. It doesn't help that it is almost societal "taboo" to admit such a problem.

The main thing in common with these people is a commonality with darkness, meaning they are immersed in anger and desperation. Much of the time, this is brought onto themselves, though almost never purposely.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
Or not on medicine and perhaps they should be. Most of these folks deny they need help. It doesn't help that it is almost societal "taboo" to admit such a problem.
Very good point

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Either your definition of the media is completely outdated, or you just aren't paying attention.
Or you're making things up and/or seeing what you want to see.

Please provide an example piece of media that you think causes "racial division" such that it would motivate a person to attack an Asian American.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
Or you're making things up and/or seeing what you want to see.

Please provide an example piece of media that you think causes "racial division" such that it would motivate a person to attack an Asian American.
I wasn't referencing this situation, i was referring to a general rise in violent crime and factors that may contribute. If you want a list of general racially divisive headlines, I'll see what I can do.

Wally

Reaction score

The guns, god and family parents failed him.
🤣🤣🤣

He should have had a bigger clip.

Section2

Reaction score
I think some of you need some real problems to worry about.
We have an ideological movement tearing apart our society and the foundations of our entire country, and noticing it and talking about it is whining and not worrying about real problems. It’s so preposterous.

Pompous Elitist

Reaction score
Here is a link to the source data for the 149% increase. While 49 incidents in 2019 increasing to 122 in 2020 is noteworthy I have no idea what the base rate normally is. How many incidents in a typical year? Is 2020 the outlier, or 2019? Without proper context my hackles go up a little bit and I sniff some potential selective statistics.

Of 1717 acts of hate in 2020 about 7% were perpetrated on Asian-Americans. In 2019 they constituted about 3%. Not good, but I’m not sure these numbers mean Asians need to fear for their lives walking down the street. The vast majority of incidents appear to have been insults or other non-violent encounters.

I think there are other motivations at play here. The media may be generating a tempest in a teapot for a myriad of reasons, as they tend to do.

Let’s try to all get along...

CSUSB paper. https://www.csusb.edu/sites/default/files/FACT SHEET- Anti-Asian Hate 2020 3.2.21.pdf

Wally

Reaction score
We have an ideological movement tearing apart our society and the foundations of our entire country, and noticing it and talking about it is whining and not worrying about real problems. It’s so preposterous.

You better make an escape plan for the countries imminent demise.
🤣🤣🤣

Spoofin

Reaction score
I don’t know Nax. The dude in Atlanta was clearly very mentally ill. He targeted a place that he felt controlled him. Because the place was run by Asians doesn’t mean his motives were hatred of Asians. Sometimes looney is just looney.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Then why didn't he rampage any ATL spas run by Russians?

If he could at least admit that part of his perverse addiction was an Asian fetish, that would go a long way.

Nax5

Reaction score
I don’t know Nax. The dude in Atlanta was clearly very mentally ill. He targeted a place that he felt controlled him. Because the place was run by Asians doesn’t mean his motives were hatred of Asians. Sometimes looney is just looney.
Yeah, you can't really prove he IS racist based on this, in my opinion. Unless some other evidence comes out. Just wanted to drop another perspective in.

Wally

Reaction score
Asians are just to shallow for me...

GoodAsGold knows what I'm talkin about...

Top Bottom