All Things Hate Crimes in America

Go4Broke

Reaction score

After 75-year-old dies from attack, alarm increases in Oakland's Asian community​

A 75-year-old man from Hong Kong died in Oakland, California, on Thursday, after being robbed and assaulted by a man police said had a history of victimizing elderly Asian people. Pak Ho had been taking his early morning walk on Tuesday, authorities said, when a man approached him to forcibly rob him. In the course of the robbery, the man allegedly punched Ho, causing him to fall to the ground, hit his head and suffer a traumatic brain injury.

Police on Thursday arrested Teaunte Bailey, 26, in connection with the robbery. Police said that through their investigation, they “learned that the suspect has a history of victimizing elderly Asian people”. In addition to Ho’s death, prosecutors also charged Bailey with the robbery and assault of a 72-year-old Asian man at an Oakland senior care home in February. Authorities said Bailey allegedly broke into the senior living apartment, shoved the victim while saying “money, money” at him, before leaving with the victim’s phone and numerous other items from the home.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/12/asian-elderly-attack-die-oakland

Last edited:

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Good thread Broke - they'll never admit it, but it seems some of the former fellers maybe saw some light after the insurrection and realized while riding a crazy train is fun as heck, the problem is you're not the conductor and that beatch is gonna crash sooner or later - for deprogramming to work, it has to be continued over a span of time.

It helps me personally, as I see some info I wouldn't otherwise and helps me not to become desensitized to it.

Your efforts appreciated.

Nax5

Reaction score
If you ever referred to Covid as the China virus (which many of our members do) or supported those who do, you are part of this problem.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
If you ever referred to Covid as the China virus (which many of our members do) or supported those who do, you are part of this problem.
If you believe calling a Virus the country where it originated from is leading to a rise in hate crimes you are part of the problem. No surprise with the removing of funding and resources from major metro police departments, this has lead to a rise in violent crime. Better change the name of Spanish flu or Spain might be in trouble.

Nax5

Reaction score
If you believe calling a Virus the country where it originated from is leading to a rise in hate crimes you are part of the problem. No surprise with the removing of funding and resources from major metro police departments, this has lead to a rise in violent crime. Better change the name of Spanish flu or Spain might be in trouble.
Provide evidence to the contrary.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
Provide evidence to the contrary.
look at the table above (Post #5) comparing hate crime incidents in 2019 vs 2020. I don't believe it is a coincidence that 3 of the 4 top cities (New York, Los Angeles, Seattle) all had very public defund the police campaigns in 2020 and did remove significant funding. Whether you deem it a hate crime or not, violent crime is up across most major metros in 2020. Between racial division being pushed by the media daily, defunding the police, and putting people out of work due to lockdowns has been quite the storm.

Wally

Reaction score
If you believe calling a Virus the country where it originated from is leading to a rise in hate crimes you are part of the problem.

Yea thats a dangerous person....

Not the one with a gun shooting people.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
Yea thats a dangerous person....

Not the one with a gun shooting people.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
I never said that. Did the shooter proclaim China Virus! and kill them? Shooter even stated it was due to his sex addiction and he happened to frequent those sex parlors. Removing the workers was his solution to the problem. He was clearly mentally ill. People who can not separate the naming of a virus based on it's origin and Asian Americans, are also mentally ill.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
But thats not its name.
I never proclaimed that as the official name, I just don't have a problem with people referring to a world changing virus as the location it hailed from.

Wally

Reaction score
I never said that. Did the shooter proclaim China Virus! and kill them? Shooter even stated it was due to his sex addiction and he happened to frequent those sex parlors. Removing the workers was his solution to the problem. He was clearly mentally ill. People who can not separate the naming of a virus based on it's origin and Asian Americans, are also mentally ill.

So why exactly are people who don't want to call it the "China Virus" a problem?
Explain that to me...
🤷🏼‍♂️

Nax5

Reaction score
I never proclaimed that as the official name, I just don't have a problem with people referring to a world changing virus as the location it hailed from.
Good for you. Do you think Chinese people have a problem with it?

Wally

Reaction score
I think some of you need some real problems to worry about.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Between racial division being pushed by the media daily, defunding the police, and putting people out of work due to lockdowns
Quite a load of fantasy here to think any of this is either happening at all ("pushed by the media daily") or causes hate crimes against Asians.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
So why exactly are people who don't want to call it the "China Virus" a problem?
Explain that to me...
🤷🏼‍♂️
This is what I said "If you believe calling a Virus the country where it originated from is leading to a rise in hate crimes, then you are the problem". You can call it whatever you want, I have listed other reasons far more likely for the rise in violent crime. If you want to reduce the issue to Trump bad, he say bad thing, than you are likely glossing over several more legitimate reasons leading to the rise in violent crime.

GopherBlood666

Reaction score
Quite a load of fantasy here to think any of this is either happening at all ("pushed by the media daily") or causes hate crimes against Asians.
Either your definition of the media is completely outdated, or you just aren't paying attention. I envy you honestly.

Top Bottom