All things Derek Chauvin trial

TheRealMcCoy

Reaction score
"Checked out" InfoWars, but "not much experience".

Goes well with:

"Not familiar" with the Proud Boys.

"Haven't heard about" 4Chan.

"Don't know much about" QAnon.
I know that Proud Boys is made up of a good mixture of all races, despite being falsely labeled as a white nationalist group. I know 4Chan is the nerd hangout spot. And I did follow QAnon closely because it was interesting, but I don’t know how much of it I believe. I know some of Alex Jones’ claims, but don’t know how much is true or false from him

Gophers1992

Reaction score
I know that Proud Boys is made up of a good mixture of all races, despite being falsely labeled as a white nationalist group. I know 4Chan is the nerd hangout spot. And I did follow QAnon closely because it was interesting, but I don’t know how much of it I believe. I know some of Alex Jones’ claims, but don’t know how much is true or false from him
Are you mjfelton?

Gophers1992

Reaction score
Not saying I know for sure, and I’ll take his word for it if he’s not, but didn’t they both say they’re carpenters from SSP? Posting style kind of similar too. Again I have no idea, just kind of came to mind.

stocker08

Reaction score
I’m a die hard Gopher fan that can’t stand liberals. I don’t really have much experience with Infowars. Checked it out a couple times. Left wingers seem to use the same 5 labels or so for anyone on the Right.

That would explain why you created a Gopherhole account and then proceeded to do nothing but spew extreme right garbage on the OTB.

I'm sure right wing rock biters buy that BS though.

stocker08

Reaction score
Not saying I know for sure, and I’ll take his word for it if he’s not, but didn’t they both say they’re carpenters from SSP? Posting style kind of similar too. Again I have no idea, just kind of came to mind.

That is actually a very good guess. They sound similar. And it would explain why this poster made an account and immediately started posting on the OTB. A previously banned poster under a new UN. Seems like there is a new righty doing that at least once a month. I'm sure mods could check the IP.

Spoofin

Reaction score
"Checked out" InfoWars, but "not much experience".

Goes well with:

"Not familiar" with the Proud Boys.

"Haven't heard about" 4Chan.

"Don't know much about" QAnon.
More of this sh!t. My God. Every time the answer doesn’t fit your narrative - just call them liars. Whew, that was close.
Such a fraud.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
Closing arguments being presented today (Monday). Just getting bits and pieces from the media and twitter. Sounds like the defense is pushing the idea that the primary cause of death was from underlying health issues. The prosecution is making the case that Chauvin is responsible because he went outside of his duties as a law enforcement officer (didn't follow department policy, etc).

just saw a little bit about the Judge's instructions to the Jury.

Looks like it will go to the jury sometime today. General rule of thumb is that the longer a jury deliberates, the more favorable for the defense. So, we'll see how long it takes for them to reach a verdict.

(also - under state law, they can find Chauvin guilty on one or more counts and Not guilty on other counts. It does not have to be guilty on all counts.)

PhiloVance

Reaction score
Why didn't the judge break longer between the prosecutors and defense closing arguments? Now he's broke into the defenses argument.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Closing arguments being presented today (Monday). Just getting bits and pieces from the media and twitter. Sounds like the defense is pushing the idea that the primary cause of death was from underlying health issues. The prosecution is making the case that Chauvin is responsible because he went outside of his duties as a law enforcement officer (didn't follow department policy, etc).

just saw a little bit about the Judge's instructions to the Jury.

Looks like it will go to the jury sometime today. General rule of thumb is that the longer a jury deliberates, the more favorable for the defense. So, we'll see how long it takes for them to reach a verdict.

(also - under state law, they can find Chauvin guilty on one or more counts and Not guilty on other counts. It does not have to be guilty on all counts.)
Haven't followed the trial at all, but heard some fairly stout legal minds discussing the case a few times from strictly the perspective of the LAW; sounds like Murder 2 should have been tossed by the judge well before getting to this point, but particularly considering the emotions involved, decent chance of conviction on Murder 3 and the other charge.

GopherRock

GopherHole Straw Boss
Reaction score
Why didn't the judge break longer between the prosecutors and defense closing arguments? Now he's broke into the defenses argument.
Because the judge didn't think defense would go 2:30 and counting for their closing argument.

I sure as hell wouldn't want a hangry jury deciding my fate, yet here we are.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Haven't followed the trial at all, but heard some fairly stout legal minds discussing the case a few times from strictly the perspective of the LAW; sounds like Murder 2 should have been tossed by the judge well before getting to this point, but particularly considering the emotions involved, decent chance of conviction on Murder 3 and the other charge.
Because in Minnesota there is such a thing as unintentional murder-2. I think most other states would call this manslaughter.

Regardless, I don’t think that will stick.

PhiloVance

Reaction score
Because the judge didn't think defense would go 2:30 and counting for their closing argument.

I sure as hell wouldn't want a hangry jury deciding my fate, yet here we are.
The prosecution took 1 hr and 43 minutes knowing it will continue to present their case in rebuttal to the defense. The defense gets one bite of the apple. The judge had to know/sense the defense would take longer than an hour so he should have taken a longer break between closing arguments.

Wally

Reaction score
And I did follow QAnon closely because it was interesting, but I don’t know how much of it I believe. I know some of Alex Jones’ claims, but don’t know how much is true or false from him

Admitting you don't have much of a brain...

LesBolstad

Reaction score
Well done, Maxine. It's shocking how stupid some of these elected Dems. are.

Angry

Reaction score
Well done, Maxine. It's shocking how stupid some of these elected Dems. are.

The Dems and the left would prefer acquittal. Then they can throw the baby out with the bath water and revamp everything.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
The online edition of the Strib has all 14 pages of the Judge's instructions to the jury. Pretty interesting. he defines a lot of terms, like "presumption of innocence" and goes through each of the charges - spelling out specifically what the jury has to conclude/find in order to have a guilty verdict on each count.

Also discusses the term "reasonable doubt" and what it means under the law.

It also goes into a lot of detail on how jurors should consider evidence, witness testimony, etc.

again, quite interesting and provides a lot of background into how the jury is supposed to arrive at its conclusions.

one thing that surprised me - no trial transcripts are provided. jurors are supposed to rely on their notes and their memory.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
Murder-3 should be automatic.

Guessing any disagreements will be over the murder-2 charge. I don’t have high hopes for that one myself.

But M3 should be acceptable. Same penalty as M2.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The online edition of the Strib has all 14 pages of the Judge's instructions to the jury. Pretty interesting. he defines a lot of terms, like "presumption of innocence" and goes through each of the charges - spelling out specifically what the jury has to conclude/find in order to have a guilty verdict on each count.

It also goes into a lot of detail on how jurors should consider evidence, witness testimony, etc.

again, quite interesting and provides a lot of background into how the jury is supposed to arrive at its conclusions.

one thing that surprised me - no trial transcripts are provided. jurors are supposed to rely on their notes and their memory.
SOP

Wally

Reaction score

When I was on jury duty the whole system seemed like bullshit, its goal is not to get the right verdict, the system is setup for lawyers to be important.

PhiloVance

Reaction score
Facebook will remove posts that call for weapons to be brought to Minneapolis and anything that celebrates George Floyd's death

Top Bottom