All things corrupt media thread

USAF

Reaction score
No matter how much you say that- it is still censorship. You have really lost your mind to be endorsing this. Twitter is a major, major part of communications now and obviously coordinated with the government. What they have done is legal. What they have done is censorship and what they have done is bad for our nation.
Beeg: Trump's attack on our system of elections is a big nothingburger, but Twitter not allowing a fucking congresswoman to spread false covid information is bad for our nation.

bga1

Reaction score
Beeg: Trump's attack on our system of elections is a big nothingburger, but Twitter not allowing a fucking congresswoman to spread false covid information is bad for our nation.
Trump actually brought America back to being America. It's not surprising that you don't understand that. You are a media sheep...with a potty mouth. Nothing more.

GopherJake

Reaction score
No matter how much you say that- it is still censorship.
No it isn't.

You have really lost your mind to be endorsing this.
I haven't given an opinion on it.

Twitter is a major, major part of communications now and obviously coordinated with the government.
LOL!

What they have done is legal.
Yes it is.

What they have done is censorship and what they have done is bad for our nation.
No it's not.

kg21

Reaction score
^^^^^^ They never ban lefties. Apparently they don't spread disinformation.

Spoofin

Reaction score
No matter how many times you lie about something that isn’t true, this tactic will never make it true. What you described is not censorship. Twitter is a private company that can determine their rules of engagement.

Stop whining. Stop lying. Turn the channel.
You are correct that Twitter is a private company and can do this. You are wrong if you think a private company with Twitter’s reach shutting down different political views than their leaders have is no big deal and not something to complain about.

GopherJake

Reaction score
You are correct that Twitter is a private company and can do this. You are wrong if you think a private company with Twitter’s reach shutting down different political views than their leaders have is no big deal and not something to complain about.
I didn’t say that though. I said it’s not censorship. The way to solve the issue is to turn the channel. Ignore them. Choose a different source.

bga1

Reaction score
I didn’t say that though. I said it’s not censorship. The way to solve the issue is to turn the channel. Ignore them. Choose a different source.
As usual, you find small picky ideas to argue about. You don't think about bigger concepts, you argue about small ones. You know it is wrong. Here is the definition of censorship you find on google:

Censorship, the suppression of words, images, or ideas that are "offensive," happens whenever some people succeed in imposing their personal political or moral values on others. Censorship can be carried out by the government as well as private pressure groups. Censorship by the government is unconstitutional.

GopherJake

Reaction score
As usual, you find small picky ideas to argue about. You don't think about bigger concepts, you argue about small ones. You know it is wrong. Here is the definition of censorship you find on google:

Censorship, the suppression of words, images, or ideas that are "offensive," happens whenever some people succeed in imposing their personal political or moral values on others. Censorship can be carried out by the government as well as private pressure groups. Censorship by the government is unconstitutional.
I see no mention of private companies in there. What is a “private pressure group?”

You want to stop Twitter from doing this? Turn the channel.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score

It's not that simple when all of the channels are airing the same episode

bga1

Reaction score
I see no mention of private companies in there. What is a “private pressure group?”

Small thinking ^^^ Is it a good thing or a bad thing that Twitter is doing this? Does this make our country better or worse? If Twitter bans black people- do you feel the same? "So what, private company?"

GopherJake

Reaction score
It's not that simple when all of the channels are airing the same episode
All the channels? Are you insane? If no channel is representing your view, I suggest you start a new channel and become a billionaire. There’s a market there not being exploited, in that case. Good luck!

GopherJake

Reaction score
Small thinking ^^^ Is it a good thing or a bad thing that Twitter is doing this? Does this make our country better or worse? If Twitter bans black people- do you feel the same? "So what, private company?"
Yes, I feel the same. Turn the channel. All it takes is a mouse click.

Spoofin

Reaction score
You told him to stop whining. That’s pretty close to telling him not to complain. I think it is something everyone should complain about. If more people did, maybe Twitter would be forced to dig their head out.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
All the channels? Are you insane? If no channel is representing your view, I suggest you start a new channel and become a billionaire. There’s a market there not being exploited, in that case. Good luck!

No, but I think you are. You clearly don't understand what's going on and all of the layers involved.

But that's why the left loves you, naive, and easily manipulated.

bga1

Reaction score
No, but I think you are. You clearly don't understand what's going on and all of the layers involved.

But that's why the left loves you, naive, and easily manipulated.
Yep, he doesn't see which way the wind is blowing and he doesn't care. The perfect sheep.

howeda7

Reaction score
Neal, Souhan lite, joins him today by writing about three sources of inspiration for sports fans in 2022.
One is a member of the lynx and another is the women's soccer coach.
How does this offend you and why?

howeda7

Reaction score
Twitter has permanently banned Robert Malone and MTG over the last two days. The pace of the march to censor is quickening. Regardless of how one views the opinions of these two, one a scientist and one a pretty far right politician, if you cannot handle disagreement, your position weakens. This is the state of today's left. Marching towards Nazi level propaganda...
MTG has been repremanded by her own party because she's a bat-4%% crazy loon. Perhaps be embarassed that you support her insanity instead of being mad at twitter. Then again, you believe Trump won by a lot, so she's on your level.

howeda7

Reaction score
No matter how much you say that- it is still censorship. You have really lost your mind to be endorsing this. Twitter is a major, major part of communications now and obviously coordinated with the government. .
Why do you lie?

howeda7

Reaction score

I thought Trump raised millions a few months ago to launch his own social media platform. What happened to that? 2 weeks? Maybe less?

bga1

Reaction score
Why do you lie?
Why are you so poorly informed?

White House officials are notifying Facebook about posts that allegedly spread COVID-19 misinformation as part of efforts by President Joe Biden's administration to combat what U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy described as "an imminent and insidious threat to our nation's health."
The announcement during a Thursday press briefing at the White House received criticism from conservative media outlets like National Review and The Daily Caller, the latter of which published an article about the press briefing under a banner referring to "Big Brother Biden."
Murthy and White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki discussed their efforts as part of a "new campaign" to fight virus-related misinformation. An advisory recently published by Murthy's office details steps that tech outlets, private citizens, local governments and media outlets can take to battle misinformation when they come across it.
Psaki said part of the Biden administration's new campaign involves asking social media companies to be more active in combatting misinformation and to share the results of their efforts publicly.
"We are in regular touch with these social media platforms, and those engagements typically happen through members of our senior staff, but also members of our COVID-19 team,"
Psaki said.

howeda7

Reaction score
Why are you so poorly informed?

White House officials are notifying Facebook about posts that allegedly spread COVID-19 misinformation as part of efforts by President Joe Biden's administration to combat what U.S. Surgeon General Vivek Murthy described as "an imminent and insidious threat to our nation's health."
The announcement during a Thursday press briefing at the White House received criticism from conservative media outlets like National Review and The Daily Caller, the latter of which published an article about the press briefing under a banner referring to "Big Brother Biden."
Murthy and White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki discussed their efforts as part of a "new campaign" to fight virus-related misinformation. An advisory recently published by Murthy's office details steps that tech outlets, private citizens, local governments and media outlets can take to battle misinformation when they come across it.
Psaki said part of the Biden administration's new campaign involves asking social media companies to be more active in combatting misinformation and to share the results of their efforts publicly.
"We are in regular touch with these social media platforms, and those engagements typically happen through members of our senior staff, but also members of our COVID-19 team,"
Psaki said.

You said they banned MTG because they coordinated with the government. This does not prove that. Don't lie.

Wally

Reaction score
Yeah, obviously media is woke and everybody understands that. Just gets tiresome having it shoved in ones face so regularly. Even in sports pages. How about shut up and just write sports a little more often. Shouldn't be too much to ask.
Yea women's sports are trash.
🙄

You are just verifying everything I suspected.
I am shocked you aren't embarrassed, but I suppose I shouldn't be.

Wally

Reaction score
Another white man who is SO Oppressed....
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Spoofin

Reaction score
MTG has been repremanded by her own party because she's a bat-4%% crazy loon. Perhaps be embarassed that you support her insanity instead of being mad at twitter. Then again, you believe Trump won by a lot, so she's on your level.
So she’s not the face of the GOP? Did you forget what CNN told you?

Spoofin

Reaction score
You said they banned MTG because they coordinated with the government. This does not prove that. Don't lie.
You must realize just how dumb you look when you, being the most dishonest poster on this site, accuse others of lying, right?

howeda7

Reaction score
Another white man who is SO Oppressed....
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Just say "I am concerned about Twitter's conduct and take it very seriously.". Then you're free to defend the very same conduct for the next 6 months and ridicule anyone concerned about it.

Top Bottom