All Things Cedric Tomes Recruitment Thread (2026 Guard, East Ridge HS, Gophers Offered)

As I put in the 2026 thread, I'm always happy when the Gophers are the first to offer in-state kids, as we have the best access to intel and the most opportunity to scout these kids. That being said, I'm very surprised Ced is our first in-state offer, behind Dothan and Jayden and maybe a few others in-state. Cedric had just an OK summer shooting wise on EYBL and is a volume shooter at best.

I know Thorson watched him a few times already, but this offer has many surprising texts flying around among the 2026 insiders that follow this class very closely.

Hopefully us being first to offer pays dividends and that Cedric earns the opportunity to play at the Big Ten level.

Go Gophers!!

As I put in the 2026 thread, I'm always happy when the Gophers are the first to offer in-state kids, as we have the best access to intel and the most opportunity to scout these kids. That being said, I'm very surprised Ced is our first in-state offer, behind Dothan and Jayden and maybe a few others in-state. Cedric had just an OK summer shooting wise on EYBL and is a volume shooter at best.

I know Thorson watched him a few times already, but this offer has many surprising texts flying around among the 2026 insiders that follow this class very closely.

Hopefully us being first to offer pays dividends and that Cedric earns the opportunity to play at the Big Ten level.

Go Gophers!!
NIL related? Hopefully the team has gone to the tourney before 26

Kid can shoot. He is smooth I like his game. He needs to get stronger especially handling the ball. I like the offer

34% FG and 30% from three for Howard Pulley, with a ton of turnovers. On a team that won 3 games.
Stats from Howard Pulley seems a simplistic way of if evaluating his game and surely doesn’t indicate his potential and tell the whole story of what the staff sees . So his team won three games maybe by going by your scouting he had bad players around him? I don’t know if that’s true but throwing out AAU stats is just that. Doesn’t mean a lot and if he was offered means one high major program thinks he can play.

Stats from Howard Pulley seems a simplistic way of if evaluating his game and surely doesn’t indicate his potential and tell the whole story of what the staff sees . So his team won three games maybe by going by your scouting he had bad players around him? I don’t know if that’s true but throwing out AAU stats is just that. Doesn’t mean a lot and if he was offered means one high major program thinks he can play.
Perhaps he can be coached up.

You are correct on all counts. I was responding with stats mainly to the "kid can shoot" comment.

Per Marcus:

Word is the top 16U and 17U D1 Minnesota teams faced off in a practice earlier this spring, and the younger boys had the edge. Tomes, Wiggins and Eden Prairie's Nolan Anderson joined D1 Minnesota from Team Tyus after the AAU program sponsored by former Apple Valley star and NBA guard Tyus Jones folded in the offseason.

Tomes was key. The crafty 6-foot point guard played at the Gophers team camp last summer with East Ridge and shined in front of Johnson and his staff. Tomes' deep shooting range and floor leadership also attracted an early offer from Iowa State.

"When some schools see younger players have potential, there's no reason to wait," Tomes said. "If you get on them early, that makes it a lot easier for developing [relationship] purposes. I love the [Gophers] coaching staff. They're always welcoming. I love going to their games, no matter who they're playing."

Tomes and Ijadimbola often attended Gophers games together at Williams Arena last season. Ijadimbola's one of the highest rated local prospects across all classes at 45th nationally in 2026 by 247 Sports and 52nd by Rivals. His best offers right now are from Iowa State, Iowa, Oklahoma, and the Gophers.

Ijadimbola, a powerfully built 6-6 wing, capped off his high school season with Totino-Grace's second straight Class 3A state title at the Barn in March. His goals are high for AAU as well.

D1 Minnesota 16U's reputation building this spring could create more exposure in recruiting this summer.

"To get to that commitment point, you want to have a lot of options," Ijadimbola said. "But we're not focused on that. We're just trying to hoop and play. Winning attracts coaches."

Go Gophers!!

Sure does... 3 months after CBJ does, 2 months after Bryant University does, and the same time that Ben Jacobsen does (bonus points if you can tell me where Bryant University is without looking it up).

View attachment 31374

I'm happy the U offered first. Unfortunately it has to be hard to compete with Iowa State's $$$. They've won recent recruiting battles against us with Demarion Watson and King, who probably isn't a P5 player though

I'm happy the U offered first. Unfortunately it has to be hard to compete with Iowa State's $$$. They've won recent recruiting battles against us with Demarion Watson and King, who probably isn't a P5 player though

They didn’t win the recruiting battle for Asuma who was higher ranked than either King or Watson

Top Bottom