All Things Cancel Culture

Spoofin

Reaction score
The minimum wage is so low it has basically zero effect on wages, exactly what the right wants.

Wages would be different if 60% of workers were Union. That is the fight that needs to happen, raising the minimum wage is WAY to easy on corporate america. If they were smart they would embrace the higher min wage because otherwise we going to be talkin about a revolution.

Again with “the revolution”? Please tell me when it happens - I would hate to miss it.

Section2

Reaction score
He didn't take your "bait," melvin. As you know, he quickly, easily and effectively refuted your point. Almost like breathing. You don't really have to think about it.
You don’t understand what the point is, so I’m not sure you’re equipped to state that it was refuted.

howeda7

Reaction score
They would be probably lower for entry level jobs, teenager type jobs, and there would probably be a lot more jobs. Lots of jobs are eliminated because of minimum wage laws.
Only when it's above the natural minimum wage. $7.25 is too low to have any impact in 95% of places.

jamiche

Reaction score
You don’t understand what the point is, so I’m not sure you’re equipped to state that it was refuted.
Whenever Melvin get a message board wedgie and is left hanging on the fence post flailing away, his default becomes "You didn't understand...."
Everybody but you understood that your point was poorly stated and incorrect.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
It will not be televised.
"Green Acres", "Beverly Hillbillies", and "Hooterville Junction"
Will no longer be so damn relevant
And women will not care if Dick finally got down with Jane
On "Search for Tomorrow"

Section2

Reaction score
Whenever Melvin get a message board wedgie and is left hanging on the fence post flailing away, his default becomes "You didn't understand...."
Everybody but you understood that your point was poorly stated and incorrect.
Ok, tell me what my point is.

Section2

Reaction score
Only when it's above the natural minimum wage. $7.25 is too low to have any impact in 95% of places.
Natural minimum wage? That is not an economic term. There is no such thing.

howeda7

Reaction score
Natural minimum wage? That is not an economic term. There is no such thing.
Says you? Call it what you want. In any even moderately sized city, even McDonald's cannot hire anyone at $7.25 an hour. It takes at least $10.00/hour +. The federal minimum wage has almost no impact at the current level.

The pure free market has its own natural minimum wage. Very few economists realize this, because it is a classical concept which was thrown overboard when economic thought became post-classical or neoclassical. Classical theory contained the concept of the margin of production, the least productive land in use. Land beyond the margin is submarginal and unused, and thus has no rent, so the margin is also the best land that one can obtain free.

At the margin of production, after paying for capital goods, the rest of the output constitutes wages. We can consider the wage level the earnings of an unskilled worker at the margin, on a newly claimed plot of land using, say, eight hours of labor. It is the first worker's marginal product on marginal land. The wage at the margin of production sets the wage level for the whole economy, since workers of equal skill are mobile and will flock to where the wage is highest. So employers need not pay more than what a worker can get at the margin.

Section2

Reaction score
Says you? Call it what you want. In any even moderately sized city, even McDonald's cannot hire anyone at $7.25 an hour. It takes at least $10.00/hour +. The federal minimum wage has almost no impact at the current level.

The pure free market has its own natural minimum wage. Very few economists realize this, because it is a classical concept which was thrown overboard when economic thought became post-classical or neoclassical. Classical theory contained the concept of the margin of production, the least productive land in use. Land beyond the margin is submarginal and unused, and thus has no rent, so the margin is also the best land that one can obtain free.

At the margin of production, after paying for capital goods, the rest of the output constitutes wages. We can consider the wage level the earnings of an unskilled worker at the margin, on a newly claimed plot of land using, say, eight hours of labor. It is the first worker's marginal product on marginal land. The wage at the margin of production sets the wage level for the whole economy, since workers of equal skill are mobile and will flock to where the wage is highest. So employers need not pay more than what a worker can get at the margin.

If the minimum wage has no effect, why do we have it?
We should have a free society, and allow markets for labor to work freely. If you want to give people money, use government welfare.

Wally

Reaction score
Again with “the revolution”? Please tell me when it happens - I would hate to miss it.

If we are lucky it will be peaceful, like after the great depression in USA. If we are unlucky we get Hitler. Trump was a tiny preview of whats to come if we stay on track.

Just keep sucking that billionaire cock.

howeda7

Reaction score
If the minimum wage has no effect, why do we have it?
We should have a free society, and allow markets for labor to work freely. If you want to give people money, use government welfare.
We shouldn't have it.

Minnesota

Reaction score
If we are lucky it will be peaceful, like after the great depression in USA. If we are unlucky we get Hitler. Trump was a tiny preview of whats to come if we stay on track.

Spoof is gonna miss it because he wants to be blindfolded facing the wall with his billionaire buddies.

Section2

Reaction score

What was the revolution after the Great Depression? I missed that.
You think Trump was on the side of the billionaires, don’t you? Haha.

Section2

Reaction score
We all know your point, Melvin.
I like this tactic. You can’t really just have an argument with me. You need others. “ We all think this. We all think you’re wrong. “
Safety in numbers. Comforting to you.

Section2

Reaction score
In 2topia, the Legislature meets one day every two years to fund the military and the court system. Everything else is private. I'm not sure how they fund even those two things since taxes are theft.

There is no minimum wage. You can put anything you want in your soda and sell it. Put rat poison in if you want. The families of the dead can sue you using that great court system.

It's glorious!
You can put rat poison in a liquid and try to sell it today. What do you think the results would be?

Wally

Reaction score
What was the revolution after the Great Depression? I missed that.
You think Trump was on the side of the billionaires, don’t you? Haha.
There was a massive progressive reform. It caused lots of anxiety in your type, it was tragic from them . They thought Social Security and WPA would be the end of the country. Sound familiar????

Trump is on the side of billionaires yes.

Wally

Reaction score
Murdering people because they are more successful than you is really cool.

In a country awash with guns, its a very real possibility. Burying your head in the sand and yelling NaNaNaNaNa is really cool.

Section2

Reaction score
In a country awash with guns, its a very real possibility. Burying your head in the sand and yelling NaNaNaNaNa is really cool.
I’m sorry. Are you talking to me? Is this post a response to me?

Section2

Reaction score
There was a massive progressive reform. It caused lots of anxiety in your type, it was tragic from them . They thought Social Security and WPA would be the end of the country. Sound familiar????

Trump is on the side of billionaires yes.
After the Great Depression? Or that caused the Great Depression?
Not anywhere close to a “revolution”. So no, it doesn’t sound familiar.

Billionaires hated Trump. Honestly, are you in high school?

Top Bottom