All Things Cam Heide Thread - Class of 2022 (Updated: 5/3 - Gophers Offered)

Schools cannot pay for anything on a recruit’s unofficial. No tickets, food, lodging, transportation, etc. Only on officials.

Schools cannot pay for anything on a recruit’s unofficial. No tickets, food, lodging, transportation, etc. Only on officials.
I was wondering if the old Illini guru was still hanging around these boards. Glad to see you stop by!

Prince made it clear he was going out of state. He was hoping for a Nova offer but loves Georgetown, Stanford, USC..Not sure he ever got the Stanford offer.
Watched Prince play multiple times. I’m really not all that interested in him anyways. He would be one of my last choices out of the top 1/2 tiers.

What happened with Aligbe? Ben didn't offer?
I havent heard what Built said but it makes sense but also everytime Ben talks about what he looks for in players he says shooting and skill. Aligbe is a terrible shooter and hes not that skilled so I dont think he fits what Ben is looking for.

I havent heard what Built said but it makes sense but also everytime Ben talks about what he looks for in players he says shooting and skill. Aligbe is a terrible shooter and hes not that skilled so I dont think he fits what Ben is looking for.
I agree. Doesn't have the best hands, turns the ball over, slow decision making. Has pretty good size and athleticism, will be interesting to see where he lands as he has big time offers

To clarify.

Say a local Twin Cities recruit drives himself down to campus, pays his own parking, and wants to look around.

It's not intended to be an unofficial visit. In the sense of, nothing was "organized". No one on the staff is guiding him around, no meetings have been set up, etc. He just decided to pop down. Granted, I don't know what the NCAA considers to be an unofficial visit.

It happens to be game day. There isn't a thing where the recruit can just "sign in" at will call and get free admission?

I think that used to be a thing, years ago. That is what I was thinking of. Maybe they did away with that practice long ago.

To clarify.

Say a local Twin Cities recruit drives himself down to campus, pays his own parking, and wants to look around.

It's not intended to be an unofficial visit. In the sense of, nothing was "organized". No one on the staff is guiding him around, no meetings have been set up, etc. He just decided to pop down. Granted, I don't know what the NCAA considers to be an unofficial visit.

It happens to be game day. There isn't a thing where the recruit can just "sign in" at will call and get free admission?

I think that used to be a thing, years ago. That is what I was thinking of. Maybe they did away with that practice long ago.
Seems like recently Pitino was always trying to load up on recruits coming to home games, those were not generally part of an official visit. How many home games did Kerwin Walton go to his senior season at hopkins? I remember at least three. Did he pay for those tickets behind the gopher bench each time?

Recruits don’t pay for tickets. There is a table to pick up tickets for ‘ Friends of the Program’ it is for recruits and others. HS coaches as well. Recruits usually have a pass or badge type deal that they can wear gets them in the locker room etc...

Thanks Roland and triple 6.

So back to my point -- if Holloman can come down any time he wants to "look around", can pop down for home games any times and walz in with tickets and locker room pass ..... there is just no reason to "waste" an official visit on the local school.

These kids only get to do this (be lavished upon) once in their lifetime. They've worked very hard to get where they are. They want to get out of state, travel, and see other places, with these visits. If they can. If it makes sense (ie, if the Gophers aren't their only Big Ten/P5 offer, and so on).

Top Bottom