All Things About Golf

Holy shit, what a kick in the balls for Rory. Those two missed putts were horrible strokes; one of them it looked like he pulled off it so much the bottom of the putter blade hit the middle of the ball, if not higher. To be fair, Bryson missed a short one coming in also.
Really rough to see those two misses. Rory was money until he missed the first of the two short ones. His drive on 18 was pure jitters. And he was so solid all day off the tee. Meanwhile Stiff Arms was in the scrub all day off the tee and paid for it exactly the same number of times as Rory: once.
Great win for BAD. That sand save was one of the best I've seen in a while.
Toughest shot in golf. Credit where due.

Really rough to see those two misses. Rory was money until he missed the first of the two short ones. His drive on 18 was pure jitters. And he was so solid all day off the tee. Meanwhile Stiff Arms was in the scrub all day off the tee and paid for it exactly the same number of times as Rory: once.

Toughest shot in golf. Credit where due.
I believe they said DeChambeau was the only one all day to get up and down from that bunker on 18. That was clutch no doubt

Watching a little bit of the replay today of the end, both BAD's winning putt and Rory's miss; leaving the ball on that side of the hole for Rory was an infinitely more egregious mistake than the missed putt. You can't chip that ball past the hole and leave yourself the putt he did. No bueno.

And I'm not sure I heard any of the golf experts talk about that at all. Bryson's putt was from almost the opposite of the hole and his putt was almost straight.

Watching a little bit of the replay today of the end, both BAD's winning putt and Rory's miss; leaving the ball on that side of the hole for Rory was an infinitely more egregious mistake than the missed putt. You can't chip that ball past the hole and leave yourself the putt he did. No bueno.

And I'm not sure I heard any of the golf experts talk about that at all. Bryson's putt was from almost the opposite of the hole and his putt was almost straight.
Rory also had been hitting 3wood all week off the 18 tee but Sunday decided to go driver and hit it into the brush.

On PTI they said he had made 496 straight putts inside of 3 feet until his first miss. Sure that includes a couple of hundred literal tap ins, but still... uffda. A Gary Anderson type miss.

Rory also had been hitting 3wood all week off the 18 tee but Sunday decided to go driver and hit it into the brush.

On PTI they said he had made 496 straight putts inside of 3 feet until his first miss. Sure that includes a couple of hundred literal tap ins, but still... uffda. A Gary Anderson type miss.
In your next post are you going to bring up Blair Walsh?

Yes. Still having PTSD about Anderson. :)
It's amazing how those things linger.

It was several years after the Anderson mishap and I was talking about the agony with my Dad who grew up in Brooklyn and was of course a Dodger fan. I asked him if he had gotten over the Bobby Thomson "Shot Heard 'Round the World" to win the 1951 NL Pennant for the Giants, when he was 6 years old.

Without a shred of sarcasm, and more than half a century later his response was, "Not yet."

It's amazing how those things linger.

It was several years after the Anderson mishap and I was talking about the agony with my Dad who grew up in Brooklyn and was of course a Dodger fan. I asked him if he had gotten over the Bobby Thomson "Shot Heard 'Round the World" to win the 1951 NL Pennant for the Giants, when he was 6 years old.

Without a shred of sarcasm, and more than half a century later his response was, "Not yet."
It is amazing and true.

Having said that, one of the very few blessings about getting older is the ability to get over tough (not epic--e.g. Anderson/Walsh) losses more quickly. It used to take me until about Wednesday to get over a tough Vikings loss on Sunday. Now it's 15-30 seconds and I move on. It used to be that a last second wolves loss or yet another fucking walk off Yankees HR in the Bronx would send me through the ceiling. Now it's 15-30 seconds and I move on. Much easier, especially as a MN sports fan.

It is amazing and true.

Having said that, one of the very few blessings about getting older is the ability to get over tough (not epic--e.g. Anderson/Walsh) losses more quickly. It used to take me until about Wednesday to get over a tough Vikings loss on Sunday. Now it's 15-30 seconds and I move on. It used to be that a last second wolves loss or yet another fucking walk off Yankees HR in the Bronx would send me through the ceiling. Now it's 15-30 seconds and I move on. Much easier, especially as a MN sports fan.

For me the only ones that have potential to linger now are Gopher football. The Northwestern collapse last fall took me a day or 2 to recover, not really high stakes but it was epic.

This year for the Wolves, Doncic's near buzzer beater in G2 was a kick in the gut in the moment, but just a few minutes later I was like, "Well...that happened."

For me the only ones that have potential to linger now are Gopher football. The Northwestern collapse last fall took me a day or 2 to recover, not really high stakes but it was epic.

This year for the Wolves, Doncic's near buzzer beater in G2 was a kick in the gut in the moment, but just a few minutes later I was like, "Well...that happened."
Call me clairvoyant. As soon as I saw Rudy on Luka I knew the ball wasn't even going to touch the rim. My biggest surprise was Luka didn't call Rudy a MF in French. Doing it in English was lazy.

Scottie Scheffler is a machine. Win number 6 so far this season

I've spent a good bit of time this weekend watching the Women's PGA Championship. I've watched some women's golf before, I enjoy it just as much as the men's tournaments at times (they look a lot better than the men for starters).

But one thing that has jumped out is some very, very poor putting displays. Wow. Those greens aren't THAT tough and there have been some horrible mis-reads, some terrible distance control, just a lot of really not good putting overall. I never noticed it as much before this weekend, so I can't say if it's always like that?

Can't believe how fast the tournament turned; Amy Yang went from being in a dogfight before making the turn to being up by 4-5 shots almost instantaneously. She's fun to watch, solid overall game

Scottie Scheffler is a machine. Win number 6 so far this season
I wonder what was going through his mind when he saw the 4 yahoos getting taken off the 18th green in handcuffs given his situation at the PGA last month?!?

Maybe he wanted to offer them jailhouse advice or give them tips on how to post bail.

Top Bottom