All Things About Golf

All I will say is the devil you know may not be worse than the devil you don’t know.
That's possible because I used to think Faldo was as bad as it could get. Azinger actually made me appreciate Sir Nick.

Still, I like the odds that this will be a change for the better. He was so bad, I can't fathom there's any possible worse choice. Anyone with a pulse should be an improvement, except DL3.

That's possible because I used to think Faldo was as bad as it could get. Azinger actually made me appreciate Sir Nick.

Still, I like the odds that this will be a change for the better. He was so bad, I can't fathom there's any possible worse choice. Anyone with a pulse should be an improvement, except DL3.
I watched sky sports coverage of the Ryder cup and Hunter Mahan was fantastic on it. Maybe they give him a shot, buts he’s also not part of the brotherhood so i doubt it.

I watched sky sports coverage of the Ryder cup and Hunter Mahan was fantastic on it. Maybe they give him a shot, buts he’s also not part of the brotherhood so i doubt it.
I can't think of any lead TV analyst that didn't have at least 1 Major in their pocket, so that may leave Mahan out. Not that it should mind you.

Venturi, Weiskopf, Wadkins, Faldo, Immelman, Trevino, Miller, Strange, Norman & Azinger all have at least 1.

Man now I can’t watch pros hit golf balls into a screen. Give me less golf with the top players vs more golf with the mules.

Never has a sport done so much to garner ill will towards the few fans it has. Should Rahm leave the PGA Tour it might all be over but the crying and the tour will be a shell of itself, not that it already isn’t. The work the the founding people did is being undone by teams people like Chris Stroud who feel undervalued even though he’s made roughly 13million over his 14 year career on the tour and has not even made the cut in half his starts. He feels he should be able to earn more money just because. I got news for Chris Stroud no one outside of friends and family has ever turned golf on on a Sunday afternoon and been excited to watch you hit a golf ball.

This better mean less commercials and better viewing for the tv audience otherwise bleep them. Go play overseas and not be allowed to speak like Rahm is now.

It's The Players Championship!! First big tournament of the year! TPC Sawgrass, what a fantastic track and venue, I'd highly recommend getting on if you can somehow swing it (pardon the pun).

That means golf gambling season kicks up in earnest! I sprinkled a few pennies on the following before the tournament fired up yesterday morning:

- Xander Schauffele (looking pretty solid so far)
- Brian Harman (had a great Day 2 to climb up the leader board)
- Sungjae IM
- Max Homa - (stepped on his dick today after a decent opening round)
- Sam Burns

and a few that unfortunately looks like will not be making the weekend;

- Jordan Spieth
- Rusell Henley

That means golf gambling season kicks up in earnest! I sprinkled a few pennies on the following before the tournament fired up yesterday morning:

- Xander Schauffele (looking pretty solid so far)
- Brian Harman (had a great Day 2 to climb up the leader board)
- Sungjae IM
- Max Homa - (stepped on his dick today after a decent opening round)
- Sam Burns

Well, shit. Could have cashed out after the 3rd round with nice payouts on both Schauffele and Harman and taken the money and run but I let it ride in hopes of the full payout for one or the other to win (Harman was 55-to-1 on a $10 bet!). And Scottie Scheffler f'ks me over again. Two guys taking 2nd place...

So much for "let it ride!!"

I don't care one iota about watching the LIV Tour itself, but without those guys in the Players, I also did not care one iota.

I guess the one iota is a slight exaggeration. I flipped over during a commercial of the Big 10 Championship and saw some guy hit it on to the island green at #17. Can't remember whom. I was good.

Masters day has arrived!

A few scattered showers/storms are moving through the area this morning, delaying the start. A couple more could pop up this afternoon but should remain scattered. Rain won't be an issue after today, but the wind will be a big problem through tomorrow.

The weather will be warm, but nearly perfect for the final 2 rounds this weekend.

It's looking to be a tough task for Tiger to make it through 23 holes today, much less 72 over the weekend.

It's looking to be a tough task for Tiger to make it through 23 holes today, much less 72 over the weekend.
Looking better, physically for Tiger. Temps rising, I am sure helps.

Anyone but DeChambeau, please.
I'm rooting for Høgaard, just because I figured out how to type an "o" with a "/" on my phone.

Tiger has a bajillion career achievements, but making the cut a 24th straight time at Augusta in his physical condition impresses the heck out of me.

Pulling for Scheffler who is currently up by one

Top Bottom