All Things About Golf

Day 1 Alternate Shot Morning Pairings announced:

I would have liked to have seen Koepka get a spot, saving him for 4Ball instead.

Day 1 Alternate Shot Morning Pairings announced:

I would have liked to have seen Koepka get a spot, saving him for 4Ball instead.
Unless there are LIV tensions surrounding Koepka in the US locker room, I would have have Brooks playing every match. Also, Justin Thomas will have a lot of pressure on him to perform in the matches he's scheduled to compete in. He and Spieth have been very productive as a tandem in the past so their omission surprises me.

Unless there are LIV tensions surrounding Koepka in the US locker room, I would have have Brooks playing every match. Also, Justin Thomas will have a lot of pressure on him to perform in the matches he's scheduled to compete in. He and Spieth have been very productive as a tandem in the past so their omission surprises me.
It was mentioned on PTI, all 4 Yanks sitting out (Koepka, Spieth, Thomas & Clark) have at least 1 Major in their pocket. The first 3 have multiples, Clark is the reigning US Open Champ.

USA with a bad start to the Ryder Cup. down 4-0 after the 1st session.

I am not the least bit surprised, but I am also surprised.

Also the commercial load is just awful.

We just can’t play good golf on European soil it’s bizarre.

I never would've guessed the Vikings game on Sunday would have more appeal than the Ryder Cup. That was ugly.

Maybe 5 weeks off before the event isn't the way to prepare for the event.
I was demoralized just watching as a fan. I can't even fathom how these guys mentally recover for tomorrow's sessions.

I was demoralized just watching as a fan. I can't even fathom how these guys mentally recover for tomorrow's sessions.
A full day without winning 1 Match. Wouldn't have thought that was possible.

A full day without winning 1 Match. Wouldn't have thought that was possible.
The US could really use Tiger's emotion on the course and Trump's imagination on the scorecard.

I think the largest Ryder Cup defeat was 18.5 to 7.5 and this has the chance to rival that. My guess is they need 5 points tomorrow to have any chance but that seems impossible after today.

The US could really use Tiger's emotion on the course and Trump's imagination on the scorecard.

I think the largest Ryder Cup defeat was 18.5 to 7.5 and this has the chance to rival that. My guess is they need 5 points tomorrow to have any chance but that seems impossible after today.
The largest Ryder cup defeat that i could find was 2 years ago when the USA won by 10. closest was 9 points win for Europe in 2004, 2006 and 1981 for USA.

The best part of coverage is someone describing a golf shot after a commercial break like it’s the 1950’s and they are doing radio. Maybe just maybe you could use the technology in 2023 and show the actual shot.

The coverage of the Ryder cup is even more upsetting then the US performance, but neither are unexpected.

Tiger's "emotion" in Ryder Cup's past haven't been much of a help. I don't think he's contributed a point to a US victory this century.

How do you lose 9 & 7? Wow!
I think it's because the Euros set up the competition to "take the wedges out of the Americans hands". I have heard Azinger say that 17 times so far.

The best part of coverage is someone describing a golf shot after a commercial break like it’s the 1950’s and they are doing radio. Maybe just maybe you could use the technology in 2023 and show the actual shot.

The coverage of the Ryder cup is even more upsetting then the US performance, but neither are unexpected.
One of the dumbest parts of the telecasts is showing the Captains driving around in their carts. How does that add anything for the viewer?!?

Oooooh, Cart Cam!

One of the dumbest parts of the telecasts is showing the Captains driving around in their carts. How does that add anything for the viewer?!?

Oooooh, Cart Cam!
Oh man you didn’t like the Zach Johnson crotch cart cam? The best was when he riding around with his agent and not a vice captain or another player. I have a hunch he was asking what this ass kicking was gonna do to his advertising / appeal is Iowa?

Tiger's "emotion" in Ryder Cup's past haven't been much of a help. I don't think he's contributed a point to a US victory this century.
The US have lost seven and won only one of the editions when Woods has been involved, with their superstar accumulating 13 wins, 21 losses and three halves.

The US have lost seven and won only one of the editions when Woods has been involved, with their superstar accumulating 13 wins, 21 losses and three halves.
That 1 victory was in 1999 at Brookline, which he was part of a memorable comeback, but other than that, not very formidable.

That 1 victory was in 1999 at Brookline, which he was part of a memorable comeback, but other than that, not very formidable.
I knew he wasn’t real successful at the Ryder Cup but I didn’t think it was this bad

I think Z Johnson made a mistake picking JT. I would have gone with either Glover, hot hand, or Bradley whose been solid and has experience.
This was one of the few things Zach got right, so my bad on that one. JT was ready and looked like one of the few Yanks that had a pulse. In hindsight should have gone with Bradley instead of Fowler who only got 1 start in the 4 Fri-Sat sessions.

Other observations:

- I don't know what to make of "Hatgate" but JT's melon looked a lot mine after sitting in the sun at the Gopher football game with an unmistakable tan line from the eyes up.

- I have been wrong all 3 times when the event has been on continental Europe (Spain '97, France '18 & Italy '23) which are not really known as golf hotbeds I would think would play in the US's favor. They have been drubbed all 3 times.

- I think they event would be better off if they let some neutral body determine the course set ups. When it's in the US they set them up with low rough and let the bombers make birdies, the Euros make it tougher and make avoiding bogey they key. Makes total sense to play to the strengths, but leads to routs and pretty ho-hum Sundays though the US made it at least interesting yesterday.

- More than 1 drivable Par 4 is overkill.

- While rooting for the US, the Euros had more players that I enjoy watching, especially Rahm and Hovland.

- Lastly, LIV-PGA/DP Tour junk did take some of the fun out of for me. For the US, I don't think it would have improved their fortunes much. DJ & Reed sure would have been closer to qualifying, perhaps DeChambeau. If anything Euros without their stalwarts (Poulter, Garcia & Westwood) were better off with their young blood. Still not having any of them around both teams in any capacity, just loses it's luster.

If ever there was a voice synonymous with golf Ivor was it. Growing up watching the open early in the morning is a memory I will have forever.

Van Rooyen is guaranteed his tour card for another few years. He had a big year a couple years ago. He's starting to play well again.

Hopefully, he can carry this into another strong 2024 season.

Top Bottom