All Things 2024-25 Minnesota Twins Off-Season Thread

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Looks like the front office band is staying in-tact.

Win Twins!!

Making the owner and manager available on a Sunday with the Vikings playing the packers is so gutless. Just goes to show the little card ownership has for anyone.

I saw a tweet from Dan Hayes (covers the Twins for the Athletic).

Team source says the Twins don't anticipate further payroll cuts for the 2025 season.
(payroll was about $130-million this season)

and Bobby Nightengale posted this:

Twins Attendance at Target Field
2022 - 1.8 million
2023 - 1.97 million
2024 - 1.95 million

Six-year major league pitcher Paul Giel was born in Winona on this date in 1932. He was on the mound for the first exhibition game in Twins history.

He was runner-up for the Heisman as a Gophers tailback in 1953 and was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1975. Did color commentary on Vikings radio broadcasts in the 1960s and was the University of Minnesota Athletic Director from 1971 to 1989.

IMG_8961.jpegIMG_8962.jpeg

Royce ended up batting .233 💩💩💩💩💩

He better bust his azz on his game this winter -he’s got a long ways to go, to become a consistent major leaguer both offensively and defensively.

Tough one again today boys. Don’t worry though there is always April.
Hopefully the Twins don't wait until April to start playing well.

The 2025 Regular Season Opener is March 27 in St Louis. Also have a game on March 31 in whatever they are calling Comiskey Park these days against the White Sox.

Six-year major league pitcher Paul Giel was born in Winona on this date in 1932. He was on the mound for the first exhibition game in Twins history.

He was runner-up for the Heisman as a Gophers tailback in 1953 and was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1975. Did color commentary on Vikings radio broadcasts in the 1960s and was the University of Minnesota Athletic Director from 1971 to 1989.

Note to self for the Immaculate Grid, Giel also pitched for the Giants (both in NY & SF), Pirates & Athletics (KC).

Royce ended up batting .233 💩💩💩💩💩

He better bust his azz on his game this winter -he’s got a long ways to go, to become a consistent major leaguer both offensively and defensively.
Pitchers figured him out. Now he needs to figure out pitchers

Kepler's gone. I wonder if Santana played his way out of town. Can't see him coming back for just 5 million again. I figure they'll trade Kiriloff for a Nick Gordon type deal . I can see them dumping Paddack if someone wants to buy low/cheap on him.

Kepler's gone. I wonder if Santana played his way out of town. Can't see him coming back for just 5 million again. I figure they'll trade Kiriloff for a Nick Gordon type deal . I can see them dumping Paddack if someone wants to buy low/cheap on him.
Paddack's last (& only) decent season was in 2019.

Unless he can be converted into a reliever I don't really see any value there.

Paddack's last (& only) decent season was in 2019.

Unless he can be converted into a reliever I don't really see any value there.
My bad. I assumed he was due around 4 million next year, which is about as cheap as you can get a starter for. It's 7.5. That's less enticing

here's a quote from Royce Lewis:

“It kind of falls on, obviously, the players,” Lewis said. “But I didn’t realize it was just on us. Now I know that we’re going to carry a lot of the load, especially the young guys — the cheap guys is the best way to put it.”

waaah. poor little Royce. it's not fair that people expect you to try and do your job.

the last 30 games of the season, Royce hit a whopping .171 with 19 hits in 111 AB with 6 extra-base hits and 8 RBI while striking out 29 times. but it's not his fault - he was tired after playing a whopping 82 games this season.

I put the odds at 50/50 that he turns into Joe Charboneau.

on another topic: Aaron Gleeman is continuing his "bash the ownership" campaign.

to be clear - the ownership bears a share of the responsibility. But in his latest article in The Athletic, Gleeman makes what seems to be two contradictory points.

he talks about ownership cutting payroll, and then goes after the front office for bad personnel decisions. but then, Gleeman says the Twins would have had a better record with a higher payroll.

So, the front office is making bad decisions, but given more money, they would have (apparently - somehow) made better decisions? that contradicts what Gleeman was saying earlier in the article.

or would the front office have made the same type of mistakes, only for higher-priced players?

“It kind of falls on, obviously, the players,” Lewis said. “But I didn’t realize it was just on us. Now I know that we’re going to carry a lot of the load, especially the young guys — the cheap guys is the best way to put it.”

waaah. poor little Royce. it's not fair that people expect you to try and do your job.

the last 30 games of the season, Royce hit a whopping .171 with 19 hits in 111 AB with 6 extra-base hits and 8 RBI while striking out 29 times. but it's not his fault - he was tired after playing a whopping 82 games this season.

Is that a real quote because that's crazy if it is.

Has any player in recent memory done as much damage to his standing in a couple of months without an off-field scandal as Lewis? Dreadful play. Whining about playing 2B. Now this. Maybe trading him isn't a bad idea.

Top Bottom