All Things 2023 Minnesota Timberwolves Off-Season Thread

If Kerr decides to sit Ant against Canada, that wouldn't bother me a bit.

Please. Don't. Get. Hurt. Ant!

A season watching Rudy and KAT trying to figure it out without Ant would be a tough go.

If Kerr decides to sit Ant against Canada, that wouldn't bother me a bit.

Please. Don't. Get. Hurt. Ant!

A season watching Rudy and KAT trying to figure it out without Ant would be a tough go.
Wait, you don't want to see more of Rudy fumbling good passes and Kat hitting the floor after making an awkward drive to the basket?

Here's an odd little nugget courtesy of the Strib:

The Minnesota Timberwolves games won't be broadcast on their long-time flagship WCCO Radio this season, and it wasn't immediately clear where the games will be heard.

"We appreciated our partnership with WCCO and the radio broadcast opportunities we were able to accomplish with them," team spokeswoman Sara Perez wrote in a statement. "However, we are looking forward to announcing a new radio broadcast partnership in the weeks to come."

In a letter to radio staff, WCCO market manager and senior vice president Jeff Gonsales wrote the station worked hard to keep the NBA team and "offered more than what we delivered from our previous contract."

He said Timberwolves Chief Operating Officer Ryan Tanke told WCCO that the team is going to use a "super non-traditional" route for its broadcast partnership in a "one-year trial."

OK - what is a 'super non-traditional route?

The Minnesota Timberwolves games won't be broadcast on their long-time flagship WCCO Radio this season, and it wasn't immediately clear where the games will be heard.

"We appreciated our partnership with WCCO and the radio broadcast opportunities we were able to accomplish with them," team spokeswoman Sara Perez wrote in a statement. "However, we are looking forward to announcing a new radio broadcast partnership in the weeks to come."

In a letter to radio staff, WCCO market manager and senior vice president Jeff Gonsales wrote the station worked hard to keep the NBA team and "offered more than what we delivered from our previous contract."

He said Timberwolves Chief Operating Officer Ryan Tanke told WCCO that the team is going to use a "super non-traditional" route for its broadcast partnership in a "one-year trial."

I don't have a problem with the wolves leaving WCCO. I hope their "super non traditional route" allows people to easily access the games.

"In a letter to radio staff, WCCO market manager and senior vice president Jeff Gonsales wrote the station worked hard to keep the NBA team and "offered more than what we delivered from our previous contract."

:unsure:

Seattle Sports Radio Station 93.3?

iHeart Radio?

strictly speculating, but "super non-traditional" suggests a streaming-only approach - going away from traditional 'over-the-air' radio.

my question with that has to do with advertising. how do you sell advertising or set ad rates when there is no track record for that delivery system?

it would be interesting to know what 'CCO got for T-Wolves ratings and ad sales. the only time I have ever listened to the Wolves on the radio is when I am on the road at night and I couldn't find anything else. IMHO, NBA on the radio doesn't work as well as baseball or football.

strictly speculating, but "super non-traditional" suggests a streaming-only approach - going away from traditional 'over-the-air' radio.

my question with that has to do with advertising. how do you sell advertising or set ad rates when there is no track record for that delivery system?

it would be interesting to know what 'CCO got for T-Wolves ratings and ad sales. the only time I have ever listened to the Wolves on the radio is when I am on the road at night and I couldn't find anything else. IMHO, NBA on the radio doesn't work as well as baseball or football.
My guess is an iHeart Radio channel, with select games on KFAN.

Top Bottom