All Things 2023 Gophers Basketball Recruiting Thread

Per Marcus:

The 6-7 Keinys announced his commitment Tuesday to play for the Gophers next season. He was sold on the program after visiting the U on June 12 on his first trip to the U.S.

"I wanted to thank all the coaching staff for recruiting me — all the staff is amazing," Keinys told the Star Tribune on Tuesday. "The Gophers were the best program for me. Everything is built here to make you better every day. We will have a strong team. Ben Johnson is a very good coach. I know that he can take me to another level as a player and a person."

Keinys recently played for Klaipėdos Neptūnas-Akvaservis in the second best basketball minor league in Lithuania. He averaged 8.6 points, 5.2 rebounds and 1.4 assists in 38 games. He also played for his native country in the U18 European Championships in 2022.

Johnson and his staff started recruiting Keinys last month, wanting to add perimeter talent to the 2023-24 team, which opened summer practice last week.

"I will do everything i can to help the team win," Keinys said. "I think that I can help the team play fast pace and defend. I want to be a player that can help everywhere and do everything."

Go Gophers!!

This is what makes college basketball recruiting so tough. Phi jamma slamma changed the perspective that shooting was most important. I think it is a hybrid now and the top programs get the guys that are athletic and shooters. Unfortunately it's tough for the Gophers to get these guys.
Christie is athletic and a shooter. Just saying.

Top Bottom