All Things 2020 Minnesota Wild Thread

gophersfan

Reaction score
Not sure if we have this. but game 1 is coming up soon vs Vancouver. NHL qualifying round series. Best of 5. winner goes to the playoffs.

The Minnesota Wild, our Boys of Summer.

I am not a Wild fan but I think they could make a real run in the playoffs,

I am not a Wild fan but I think they could make a real run in the playoffs,
I hope the qualifying round matchups all go 5 games so they beat the hell out of each other. A few upsets would be nice, especially if Chicago can figure out a way to upset Edmonton

Holy crap, both of the #12 seeds in the qualifying rounds, the lowest seeds, are a game away from knocking off the #5 seeds and advancing. And the #5 seeds are some high caliber teams; Edmonton and Pittsburgh. That would be something if even one of them lost.

The Wild? No bueno right now, down 2-1 and one game away from going home early after taking the first game.

Apparently the Wild GM did a zoom session with the media and was pretty blunt about where the team is at.

and it comes down to this: not good enough.

The owner has to accept that, in order to really get better, they have to dismantle a lot of the current team and do some kind of re-build.

otherwise, you wind up stuck in the middle-ground trap of pro sports:
not good enough to contend for a title, and
not bad enough to get the best draft picks and bring quality talent into the system.

squeaking into the 1st round of the playoffs and losing your opening series is literally the worst place to be for a pro sports franchise. 1st place gets the title. Last place gets the best draft pick.

Top Bottom