All in all, a good season with positives

Sparlimb

Reaction score
We have a set QB for next year and a team that knows the bitter taste of failing in a big game. Time for the coaches to recruit better players. Time for us to enjoy a decent bowl game, be happy with 10 or 11 wins and look forward to next year. Time to say goodbye to seniors who stuck it out and gave us a lot of good this year.

we had a clunker. it happens in college football all the time. Let's see where the bowl game is
and go 11-2!

BIG West Co-Champs!

we had a clunker. it happens in college football all the time. Let's see where the bowl game is
and go 11-2!

BIG West Co-Champs!
For me, it's more about the implications and the importance of a single game. It's those games that destroy MN teams. It gets tiring.

A good season. But just as beating Iowa and Wisconsin can make a mediocre season better, losing to them can take the shine off a great season and knock it down a peg.

Two teams tied for first in the West Division. One has to go play Ohio State next Saturday, and the other doesn't. I'm just looking forward to the bowl game and going 11-2.

A good season. But just as beating Iowa and Wisconsin can make a mediocre season better, losing to them can take the shine off a great season and knock it down a peg.

Yes. We do have Iowa at home next year early in the season. They'll have a new QB.

Agreed, crap ending doesn't wipe away all the good. Next time let's not be afraid to step on the gas and take it to them. Gophers will learn from this and get better. Next year we are taking back Pig and Axe, this is the beginning not the end of the journey. Row the boat and Ski U Mah. Go Gophers.

Super disappointing way to end a special season. A lot of people are gonna jump out of the boat. It'll be their loss. PJ and co are building something here...I truly believe that. This was the foundation, not the pinnacle. I hate the way MN lost this game, but I love the way they put themselves into the position for this game to mean so much. Sucks, but big games mean big feelings. Would you all rather have ended 7-5 and be wondering if we'd go to the Pinstripe or Redbox?

Keep rowin'.

Had a lot of fun this season. Struggling to imagine how much more enjoyable it would have been had the team bothered to show up today.

This loss hurts but we were outplayed and schemed. Look forward to a bowl game in sunny FLA.

Tough game, but hey I'll take a West Division Title with Wisconsin. I never thought that was going to happen prior to the season. Next year will be another step in the right direction. Takes time.

I worry though about the bowl game and not having a number of guys, especially Faalele, will cause them to lose the game. Bowl game losses always equal pumping the breaks on next year and leave a bad taste in the mouth.

This was not going to the "the year they break through" to start this season. Nobody was thinking 10-2 and the season is a massive success by virtually every metric (outside of trophy games).

What this season turned out to be was a massive tool to advance recruiting. Impossible to overstate the importance of that. It's a bridge year, I always thought next year's team would be better, although with a tougher schedule.

It was just plain a huge year for the program, the publicity, the national attention, all things that will be huge boost for recruiting, which is really the most important thing at this point.

Lastly, Wisconsin and Iowa are still better programs, but the gap is a FRACTION of what it was and only getting smaller.

Top Bottom