All 5 RBs get carries this week?

balds

Reaction score
Slightly concerned about Potts wearing down as the season goes on.

2018 - Missed the second half of his Senior year.
2019 Red-Shirt.
2020 - 10 carries.
2021 - 60 carries in the last two weeks.

That's a massive jump in usage. We need to have three healthy, fresh and productive backs for the Big Ten grind.

Hopefully because if all 5 get carries it probably means things are going really well on the scoreboard.

I think Potts has proven over the past two weeks that he can be the guy so the coaches won't feel the need to keep running him out there if the score gets lopsided in our favor. We just have to hope that is what happens because we tend to let non-conf teams hang around a bit too much. Hopefully last week was the team kicking it into high gear and they will come out and blow the doors off Bowling Green on Saturday.

Slightly concerned about Potts wearing down as the season goes on.

2018 - Missed the second half of his Senior year.
2019 Red-Shirt.
2020 - 10 carries.
2021 - 60 carries in the last two weeks.

That's a massive jump in usage. We need to have three healthy, fresh and productive backs for the Big Ten grind.
I am guessing here but Potts likely has worked out and carried the ball in practice in 2019 and 2020. He may wear out but he is in good shape and ready for it. Just like the rest of the RBs are.

I think Ky Thomas had first game jitters last week, would like to see him get more reps.
I am sure seeing his first carry over and over and over this week (the one where the turf monster got him) has probably helped loosen him up. :)

Never want stuff like that to happen during a win, because everyone will be feeling good about the game and ready to have some fun with something like that. After a loss it would be different.

I'm hoping this is a game where we see a lot of action from backups all over the field. We'll need that not only for experience but for giving our starters a bit of a breather before the Bit Ten schedule starts.

Free the youngsters!

If it’s a blowout (history says it won’t be), might be nice to see Annexstad play a few series.
I agree. Ideally, I'd like PJ to give him a series or two with the starters in the second or third quarter rather than just mop duty in the fourth where all he does is hand the ball off. I don't think PJ will do that, no matter the score.

If it’s a blowout (history says it won’t be), might be nice to see Annexstad play a few series.
I really wanted Zach and Brock to be given the opportunity for a connection. I get we were up big, wanted to keep the shutout, etc -- but it would have been a special moment and Fleck seems to live for those.

Back on topic -- I really don't see all 5 making their way into the game. Bryce was in for three plays and Cam didn't even play. I'd rather have Ky and Irving get the reps they need to develop as Wiley and Williams haven't done anything much with theirs.

Might be better for health and production for 3 to get 12 than for 7 to get 5

Top Bottom