Alec Baldwin?

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
from the accounts I have read, the person who handed Baldwin the gun told him it was safe to use.

So as a legal matter, I don't think Baldwin can be held responsible.

FWIW, back in the early days of the movies, they used live ammunition on sets. When James Cagney was making the movie "Public Enemy," he had live machine-gun rounds being fired inches over his head. supposedly, he pulled his head down at the last second or he could have been killed.

kg21

Reaction score
Well, it will make the shrinks happy.

Alec used to see about 10 of them a week, it's going up to around 15 now.

GoodasGold

Reaction score
from the accounts I have read, the person who handed Baldwin the gun told him it was safe to use.

So as a legal matter, I don't think Baldwin can be held responsible.

FWIW, back in the early days of the movies, they used live ammunition on sets. When James Cagney was making the movie "Public Enemy," he had live machine-gun rounds being fired inches over his head. supposedly, he pulled his head down at the last second or he could have been killed.
He was also short which was an asset.

kg21

Reaction score
The women killed, her husband, their children and immediate family thank you for the typical response from a Far Right Wing asshole. May great things happen to the people you care the most about.
I said nothing about the woman killed, sir. Absolutely nothing!

I said something about that insane fool called Alec Baldwin.

Look at it again.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I said nothing about the woman killed, sir. Absolutely nothing!

I said something about that insane fool called Alec Baldwin.

Look at it again.
What you posted is really no better than when Broke or Howie post some obscure tweet about a R in rural AL and go “see, this is what righties do”.

balds

Reaction score
Involuntary Manslaughter is what he could be charged with, from a legal standpoint. From a civil standpoint he's absolutely screwed.

New Mexico involuntary manslaughter : "......commission of a lawful act that might produce death......without due caution and circumspection".

So does Alec Baldwin pointing a gun (known deadly instrument) at her and pulling the trigger, without first ensuring that it didn't contain live ammo, rise to the above definition?

In New Mexico Involuntary Manslaughter carries a sentence of up to 18 months.

Section2

Reaction score
The women killed, her husband, their children and immediate family thank you for the typical response from a Far Right Wing asshole. May great things happen to the people you care the most about.
I think this is the definition of pearl clutching.

Section2

Reaction score
Involuntary Manslaughter is what he could be charged with, from a legal standpoint. From a civil standpoint he's absolutely screwed.

New Mexico involuntary manslaughter : "......commission of a lawful act that might produce death......without due caution and circumspection".

So does Alec Baldwin pointing a gun (known deadly instrument) at her and pulling the trigger, without first ensuring that it didn't contain live ammo, rise to the above definition?

In New Mexico Involuntary Manslaughter carries a sentence of up to 18 months.
There is no way he’s going to prison. Unless there was premeditation.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I know the deplorables quickly lost interest in this once it was known that Baldwin was untouchable, but here are some details about what went tragically wrong:

The gun that killed “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins last Thursday was used by crew members that morning for live-ammunition target practice, an individual with knowledge of the set told TheWrap.

A number of crew members had taken prop guns from the New Mexico set of the indie Western — including the gun that killed Hutchins — to go “plinking,” a hobby in which people shoot at beer cans with live ammunition to pass the time, the insider said.

The shooting happened just a few hours later, when lead actor and producer Alec Baldwin discharged a revolver after first assistant director David Halls confirmed that it was a “cold gun,” meaning that the gun did not have any live ammunition in it.

Search warrants issued over the weekend by New Mexico authorities said that Halls had grabbed one of three prop guns set up by armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed and yelled “cold gun” as he handed it to lead actor Alec Baldwin, indicating that the gun did not have any live rounds.

Baldwin, who was rehearsing a scene for the film, was “pointing the revolver towards the camera lens” when it hit director Joel Souza and Hutchins, according to the search warrant made public on Sunday. Hutchins grabbed her midsection and then stumbled backwards as she was assisted to the ground, Souza told authorities. Souza, who was also injured when the gun discharged, was released from a local hospital that night.

Section2

Reaction score
I think this is the definition of normalization of despicable behavior.
Discussing Alec Baldwin shooting two people on a gopher message board is not some big sleight to the victims. Get a grip. Alecs on your team, so I know you have to protect him. But the guys a dick. So much so that he was a standout leader of an organization comprised of other insufferable douchebags (f.a.g)This is major karma.

Section2

Reaction score
I know the deplorables quickly lost interest in this once it was known that Baldwin was untouchable, but here are some details about what went tragically wrong:

The gun that killed “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins last Thursday was used by crew members that morning for live-ammunition target practice, an individual with knowledge of the set told TheWrap.

A number of crew members had taken prop guns from the New Mexico set of the indie Western — including the gun that killed Hutchins — to go “plinking,” a hobby in which people shoot at beer cans with live ammunition to pass the time, the insider said.

The shooting happened just a few hours later, when lead actor and producer Alec Baldwin discharged a revolver after first assistant director David Halls confirmed that it was a “cold gun,” meaning that the gun did not have any live ammunition in it.

Search warrants issued over the weekend by New Mexico authorities said that Halls had grabbed one of three prop guns set up by armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed and yelled “cold gun” as he handed it to lead actor Alec Baldwin, indicating that the gun did not have any live rounds.

Baldwin, who was rehearsing a scene for the film, was “pointing the revolver towards the camera lens” when it hit director Joel Souza and Hutchins, according to the search warrant made public on Sunday. Hutchins grabbed her midsection and then stumbled backwards as she was assisted to the ground, Souza told authorities. Souza, who was also injured when the gun discharged, was released from a local hospital that night.
A) he’s not untouchable. He’s a has been post trump.
b). I stated that he’s not going to face charges.
c) an unsourced insider confiding to “the wrap” is meaningless.

balds

Reaction score
I don't agree that he won't face charges. I'm not 100% confident, but I think there's a solid chance. Guy pointed a loaded gun at two people and pulled the trigger, without so much as checking to make sure it wasn't loaded. I know if I had to point a gun at someone and pull the trigger, I'd make 7000% sure it wasn't loaded, no matter what anybody else had told me.

"Without due caution and circumspection". Taking a damn second and making sure it's not loaded = due caution.

Section2

Reaction score
I don't get this. What did the victim do then if karma is the only reason this happened?
It’s not. It’s karma for Baldwin. Karma isn’t the only reason it happened obviously.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
I don't agree that he won't face charges. I'm not 100% confident, but I think there's a solid chance. Guy pointed a loaded gun at two people and pulled the trigger, without so much as checking to make sure it wasn't loaded. I know if I had to point a gun at someone and pull the trigger, I'd make 7000% sure it wasn't loaded, no matter what anybody else had told me.

"Without due caution and circumspection". Taking a damn second and making sure it's not loaded = due caution.

the person whose job it was to check the gun handed it to Baldwin and told him it was OK.
Baldwin is an actor. It's not his job to check a prop gun.

Not a lawyer, but I suspect Baldwin's argument - if a case ever got to court - would be that he was relying on the notification from the assistant director that the gun was safe to use.

Maybe not the best analogy, but if you take your car in for an oil change, and the mechanic forgets to put the drain plug back in, and you run your car dry of oil, is that your responsibility? No - it's on the mechanic. Just like in the Baldwin case it's on the guy whose job it is to handle the gun.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
I don't agree that he won't face charges. I'm not 100% confident, but I think there's a solid chance.
But that's just because you want that to happen, and therefore you'll try to convince yourself of what you want, not of what actually is.

Guy pointed a loaded gun at two people and pulled the trigger
They were rehearsing a scene where the character points a gun directly at the camera and fires.

He was given a prop gun that was wrongfully -- maybe illegally -- used for essentially unauthorized "joyriding" by some crew, earlier in the day, and falsely told it was safe.

Zero point zero zero zero chance Baldwin ever sees a charge.

Suck it.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I think I have pretty much proven here over time that Trump isn't my cup of tea, but Baldwin's Trump wasn't funny. It wasn't satire, it was ridicule. Which can be funny, but there needs to be a layer of truth telling to sustain it.

Top Bottom