Alec Baldwin?

balds

Reaction score
I was out of town, and returned to my Wifi being out. Just got back online tonight and as far as I can see, no post about this bizarre killing? Apologies if I missed it.

Stan

Reaction score
It’s such a crazy story and so unnecessary. Sounds like safety has been a concern on set for days per story on Fox. An investigation needs to happen.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
I’m going to go with the 48 hour rule here, and wait to see if some clarity comes out.

balds

Reaction score
I’m going to go with the 48 hour rule here, and wait to see if some clarity comes out.
Agree, but so many questions. No doubt he'll skate, but what the eff? I've read some things that make him the producer, and therefore legally responsible?

Wally

Reaction score
Agree, but so many questions. No doubt he'll skate, but what the eff? I've read some things that make him the producer, and therefore legally responsible?
Skate..lol
Its not often people are held criminally liable for workplace accidents. Someone was killed at my work and I would say what they were doing was grossly negligent of their supervisor, no one was held accountable criminally.

Now if the investigation uncovers that someone intentionally put live rounds in the gun then there will definitely be consequences.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
The woman responsible for handling weapons on the set of Alec Baldwin's "Rust" had only recently taken on a gig as a head armorer, and shared she had real doubts about doing the job.

Hannah Reed -- daughter of Hollywood armorer Thell Reed -- appeared on the "Voices of the West" podcast last month to talk about her new experiences in the biz. Reed told the hosts she had just wrapped a western movie with Nic Cage called "The Old Way" ... and it was her first time as head armorer on a movie.

In a now-eerie confession, Reed says of the Cage job, "You know, I was really nervous about it at first, and I almost didn't take the job because I wasn't sure if I was ready ... but, doing it, like, it went really smoothly."

Reed also talked about the guidance she's gotten from her dad -- who has previously worked on "Django: Unchained" "3:10 to Yuma" and "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood" -- as an armorer.

In talking about her training, Reed told the podcast hosts loading blanks in prop guns was "the scariest" thing to her, because she didn't know how to do it ... but it was something her dad had helped her work through.

Of course, there are still a lot of questions surrounding the accident on set ... including whether it was a live round in the gun Baldwin fired or a blank. Indiewire obtained an email sent by the propmasters union which claimed the gun Alec Baldwin fired had a "live single round" which struck 2 crew members.

A source who was working on the film tells us just last weekend there were several issues with blanks being shot when they weren't supposed to ... it's unclear who the head armorer was at that time.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
There is no story here, to be had. It was an incredibly unfortunate accident.

But you can quickly see how gross people will try to pervert it, by taking a look two posts above.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
There is no story here, to be had. It was an incredibly unfortunate accident.

But you can quickly see how gross people will try to pervert it, by taking a look two posts above.
There’s definitely a story here, accident or otherwise. I don’t understand how someone cheers “KARMA” in response.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
There’s definitely a story here, accident or otherwise.
About the poor safety record, sure. Which no doubt necessitates the thread being titled "Alec Baldwin?" :rolleyes:

That's not the "story" that some were hoping for, and may still try to cook up anyway, of course.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Thats your reaction to a death and someone else being hurt, plus the mental anguish endured by those who witnessed it.

I’ve seen shooting victims in person including checking one for a pulse and it’s nothing to celebrate/mock/be flippant about - improve your best please.

kg21

Reaction score
Thats your reaction to a death and someone else being hurt, plus the mental anguish endured by those who witnessed it.

I’ve seen shooting victims in person including checking one for a pulse and it’s nothing to celebrate/mock/be flippant about - improve your best please.
Many on your side are cheering the deaths of the unvaccinated.

Please save any moral outrage.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Someone cleaning up loose ends on the Epstein situation. I doubt he's the last

KD6-3.7

credulous skeptic
Reaction score
new mexico criminal code is actually pretty cut and dry when it comes to homicide. there is no criminally negligent homicide. and only murder in the first degree, second degree and manslaughter. i don't think murder fits.

manslaughter:

Manslaughter is the unlawful killing of a human being without malice

however, there is something called excusable homicide:

Homicide is excusable in the following cases:

A. when committed by accident or misfortune in doing any lawful act, by lawful means, with usual and ordinary caution and without any unlawful intent

new mexico law is actually pretty based for a blue state. guess that is a by product of its western history.

the only statute that i think might fit (on a quick search) is negligent use of a deadly weapon:

endangering the safety of another by handling or using a firearm or other deadly weapon in a negligent manner

negligent use of a deadly weapon is a petty misdemeanor, i could definitely see law enforcement declining to charge this. i definitely do not see the DA pursuing this charge against a high profile actor. if it does just turn out to be a horrible accident, then it is a moot point. however, i am betting there will be a hefty chunk of change being paid either in civil court or as a settlement.

my questions would be 1.was he pointing the gun at a non-actor recklessly? (i can understand him pointing a gun at an actor while acting, it is harder to imagine why he would be pointing it at the director of photography) 2. what is the mens rea? is it reasonable for an actor to believe that a gun being used on set would not contain live rounds?

it is going to come down to a couple things. first and foremost, how did live rounds get in the gun? how did live rounds even get on a movie set that is using blanks? was baldwin being negligent and/or messing around with a gun that he should not have been, or was he pointing the gun in the direction that he was directed to and the non-actors just happened to be in the line of fire (stupid practice, but when most of hollywood is so anti-gun, they probably do not understand proper gun handling).

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
new mexico criminal code is actually pretty cut and dry when it comes to homicide. there is no criminally negligent homicide. and only murder in the first degree, second degree and manslaughter. i don't think murder fits.

manslaughter:

however, there is something called excusable homicide:

new mexico law is actually pretty based for a blue state. guess that is a by product of its western history.

the only statute that i think might fit (on a quick search) is negligent use of a deadly weapon:

negligent use of a deadly weapon is a petty misdemeanor, i could definitely see law enforcement declining to charge this. i definitely do not see the DA pursuing this charge against a high profile actor. if it does just turn out to be a horrible accident, then it is a moot point. however, i am betting there will be a hefty chunk of change being paid either in civil court or as a settlement.

my questions would be 1.was he pointing the gun at a non-actor recklessly? (i can understand him pointing a gun at an actor while acting, it is harder to imagine why he would be pointing it at the director of photography) 2. what is the mens rea? is it reasonable for an actor to believe that a gun being used on set would not contain live rounds?

it is going to come down to a couple things. first and foremost, how did live rounds get in the gun? how did live rounds even get on a movie set that is using blanks? was baldwin being negligent and/or messing around with a gun that he should not have been, or was he pointing the gun in the direction that he was directed to and the non-actors just happened to be in the line of fire (stupid practice, but when most of hollywood is so anti-gun, they probably do not understand proper gun handling).
To answer, he was possibly pointing at the camera, which a person was behind.

jamiche

Reaction score
Many on your side are cheering the deaths of the unvaccinated.

Please save any moral outrage.
The distinction is an accident versus a willful disregard for personal and public health, a willingness to endanger others, abuse of others for valuing public health and massive use of public resources after mocking the whole pandemic threat.

The people cheering are the ones who are seeking to destroy those who are trying to hold what's left of our system together.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
The distinction is an accident versus a willful disregard for personal and public health, a willingness to endanger others, abuse of others for valuing public health and massive use of public resources after mocking the whole pandemic threat.

The people cheering are the ones who are seeking to destroy those who are trying to hold what's left of our system together.

Nah, it's real close to the Loony Left cheering for unvaxed covid deaths.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
It was a live round in the gun
Nope.

That's an industry term, meaning that the gun was loaded with a blank ... which obviously is the most that movie prop guns are ever loaded with.

IE, it was loaded, as opposed to the unloaded state ("cold" industry term) that AB was falsely told the gun was when it was given to him.

Top Bottom