Alamo Bowl Looking Hard at MSU Fight

This fight could be a big problem for MSU. The Alamo Bowl might be skittish, as the only thing that could happen between now and the game would be more suspensions or dismissals...

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-michiganst-suspensions&prov=ap&type=lgns

Kind of funny when you think about it. How many years did they pass us over, even when we won 9 games!! Now we win 6 games and we just might make it in there. Would be ironic that we win 6 games and make it into a better bowl game than Mason ever got us into in his 10 years here even with better records.

This is why I despise the politics of the bowl selection "process". If you put these two teams up against each other, the Gophers should be the easy selection. MSU has one win against a bowl eligible team (Northwestern), the Gophers have three. Each squad has 6 wins, the fact that the Gophers beat MSU should swing the scales in their favor...but it probably won't.

This is why I despise the politics of the bowl selection "process". If you put these two teams up against each other, the Gophers should be the easy selection. MSU has one win against a bowl eligible team (Northwestern), the Gophers have three. Each squad has 6 wins, the fact that the Gophers beat MSU should swing the scales in their favor...but it probably won't.

I agree with you 100 per cent. The thing is, when a team gets passed over, it really hurts the program. If we go to a better bowl game, we get more revenue, we get more fans signing up for seasons tickets and it levels the playing field a little bit. You are condemning certain teams to the bottom if you continually bypass them like that. It's not fair and it's not right, although a team that finishes 6-6 should count their blessing they are going to ANY bowl game at all.

Not only that, but the Alamo Bowl is on Jan. 2nd this year. Hell, its like playing in a BCS game.

Kind of funny when you think about it. How many years did they pass us over, even when we won 9 games!! Now we win 6 games and we just might make it in there. Would be ironic that we win 6 games and make it into a better bowl game than Mason ever got us into in his 10 years here even with better records.

We've been screwed a couple of times, so I don't mind any of the ramifications or naysayers. LET'S GO ALAMO!!!

people stop! we are not going to the alamo bowl! they are trying to set us up again! they want us to have hope so they can kick us in the crotch again. leave it alone. eff them. i would rather go to the insight bowl.

people stop! we are not going to the alamo bowl! they are trying to set us up again! they want us to have hope so they can kick us in the crotch again. leave it alone. eff them. i would rather go to the insight bowl.

IDK about you but I DON'T want to spend New Years in Arizona... Crossing my fingers for this one. :D

Plus, it's on ESPN and not the NFL network so I could actually watch the game!

I agree with you 100 per cent. The thing is, when a team gets passed over, it really hurts the program. If we go to a better bowl game, we get more revenue, we get more fans signing up for seasons tickets and it levels the playing field a little bit. You are condemning certain teams to the bottom if you continually bypass them like that. It's not fair and it's not right, although a team that finishes 6-6 should count their blessing they are going to ANY bowl game at all.

Incorrect. The B10 splits all of the bowl money evenly amongst the 11 teams. Indiana, Purdue, and Michigan get just as big of a piece of the pie as OSU.

Thankfully, none of the bowl games that the Big Ten are part of, are that bad. I would be fine with the Insight Bowl again. Last year it was on New Years Eve which was cool. Anyone know when it is this year?

It would be a huge plus if we could jump MSU and go to the Alamo Bowl. Obviously any game after new years, and on a big network like ESPN, will beat the NFL networks Insight bowl.

Top Bottom