Alabama paper says Ted Roof could be DC at Auburn, story posted Sunday

BleedGopher

Reaction score
One name to keep in mind is Ted Roof . He may have been in the mix a year ago when Tommy Tuberville hired Paul Rhoads. Roof makes a lot of sense on both sides. From Auburn's perspective, Roof has head-coaching and coordinator experience and is coming off a better-than-expected season at Minnesota. From his perspective, he's a native Southerner who has spent virtually his entire professional life in the South and is now in the midst of a Minnesota winter. (Note: Minnesota is a great place, just very cold.)

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2009/01/breaking_down_chiziks_new_aubu.html

Go Gophers!!

I am angry. We need a defensive coordinator here for longer than a year. I think we've had 10 DC's in the past 15 years.

Should be announced today that he is Auburn's new DC.
that sucks.

I could see that happening, but maybe not. It's a lateral move with less job security in a tougher conference. Also, doesn't Roof have kids in school? Auburn is in the middle of nowhere Alabama, so good luck with finding a top school for them.

Are we in for another version of 2007 with new schemes? What about recruits coming in?

Wow....so much for hoping for a better season next year. Now not only does our team need to learn a new offense but also a new defense.....this really sucks....

Roof will be announced at Auburn today, from what I've ready on their forums.

I guess it's nicer to lose a coach cause he was good vs. having to fire them cause they suck. But now two brand new coordinators on both sides of the ball.....that scares me a little bit. Hopefully they're being open with recruits on what is going on and don't lose any.

I could see that happening, but maybe not. It's a lateral move with less job security in a tougher conference. Also, doesn't Roof have kids in school? Auburn is in the middle of nowhere Alabama, so good luck with finding a top school for them.

Roof is from the south and is used to it

:mad:Not on main press yet, but all the blogs are confirming Roof is in at Auburn....

He will be getting a hell of a raise- all the newly hired position coaches are getting $ 400,000 at Auburn, so they are estimating $550,000 for him.

this story was reported at football scoop, the same site that announces that spurrier was the new HC at miami two years ago.

auburn has very powerful boosters that can influence the media in birmingham pretty easily. i will believe it when i see it.

how many points did roof's D give up in his last two games 100?

If this is true this has been a rough day for Gopher football. The two most important coordinators leave on the same day not good. Three D coordinators in three years not good, two O-Coordinators in three years not good. WE NEED STABILITY, and people who want to be here!

It's Official

Story over on GI makes it official . . . we lose both coordinators in one day.

any of you who think Brew hasnt seen this coming are crazy. Dunbar has been in the works for a month and Chizik has been hired for what 2-3 weeks? I'm sure Roof was contacted earlier than yesterday.

Well, it just figures that we're losing recruits right now...after all, we have coaches who don't even want to be here... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess looking for any loyalty anywhere in the football world is just stupid...Anyway, time to start over...yet again....:mad::mad:

Top Bottom