Alabama after Pirsig?

Is Davidson transferring to a Minnesota school for his senior high school season?

Rumor down in the South Suburban Conference is that the University of Eden Prairie may be expecting a new player next fall.

background

If you are like me and can't keep up. I think this is what we are saying here. The thread started by asking if the offensive line coach for Alabama was here to visit Pirsig. Gopherguy said the Alabama OL coach was here to visit Davidson. So who is Davidson?

Nick Davidson, an offensive tackle from Charlotte (NC), has 14 verbal offers. The son of former Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Jeff Davidson, who now coaches the OL for the Minnesota Vikings, has just decided he'll be playing his senior year elsewhere. Where will he play this fall? How will that affect his recruitment? How was his recent trip to Clemson for Junior Day? And who leads?
Quote from Rivals

I thought I read someplace it was a done deal that Davidson was going to EP?

Pirsig is the big offensive lineman from southern Minnesota that everyone is recruiting including the Gophers.

If you are like me and can't keep up. I think this is what we are saying here. The thread started by asking if the offensive line coach for Alabama was here to visit Pirsig. Gopherguy said the Alabama OL coach was here to visit Davidson. So who is Davidson?

Nick Davidson, an offensive tackle from Charlotte (NC), has 14 verbal offers. The son of former Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Jeff Davidson, who now coaches the OL for the Minnesota Vikings, has just decided he'll be playing his senior year elsewhere. Where will he play this fall? How will that affect his recruitment? How was his recent trip to Clemson for Junior Day? And who leads?
Quote from Rivals

I thought I read someplace it was a done deal that Davidson was going to EP?

Pirsig is the big offensive lineman from southern Minnesota that everyone is recruiting including the Gophers.

Davidson is for sure playing at Eden Prairie this fall. It was in the trib a week or so back saying his dad had a list of 3 possible schools for him this fall, and after talking to Mike grant first, immediately stopped looking and enrolled Nick at EP.

He has 14 offers, and according to the last thing I read, bama was slipping on his list, so I'm assuming the coach was coming up here to try and prop bama back up.

Alabama has no interest in Pirsig, but they are after Davidson. After all, Alabama only recruits 4-star players.

Alabama has no interest in Pirsig, but they are after Davidson. After all, Alabama only recruits 4-star players.

Yes, but any player Alabama recruits automatically becomes a 4-star if they weren't already.

Yes, but any player Alabama recruits automatically becomes a 4-star if they weren't already.

I know, right? Just like the six 3-stars they signed last year, or the nine 3-stars (+one 2-star) from the year before, or the nine 3-stars from the year before that, or...

I know, right? Just like the six 3-stars they signed last year, or the nine 3-stars (+one 2-star) from the year before, or the nine 3-stars from the year before that, or...

so you truly think the rating services show no bias towards some of the name brand schools with massive subscription numbers?

so you truly think the rating services show no bias towards some of the name brand schools with massive subscription numbers?

Prove it. I can quite easily prove that not every prospect who gets an Alabama offer becomes a 4-star. Can you prove bias toward the helmet schools?

People want to believe things like this because it explains away the difference between a school like Alabama and a school like Wisconsin. I mean, it couldn't just be that their players (and coaches, for that matter) are a lot better, right? In reality, the average player signed by Alabama is much, much better than the average player signed by Wisconsin. That is why Alabama contends for national titles every year, and Wisconsin doesn't.

I think Rivals does a good job. However, just last week one of their national analysts Barry Every was fired for stating that he has had received pressure to rate Bama players higher and it had been done in the past, likely because Bamaonline was one of the founding sites for Rivals and one of the biggest revenue generators for Rivals before moving to 247 sports a few weeks back. He admitted it does and has happened, though I don't think it is widespread. Once the firestorm started he then tried to retract his statement, likely to save his job which was unsuccessful. It does definitely question the integrity of the system however when one of their own says this.

Prove it. I can quite easily prove that not every prospect who gets an Alabama offer becomes a 4-star. Can you prove bias toward the helmet schools?

People want to believe things like this because it explains away the difference between a school like Alabama and a school like Wisconsin. I mean, it couldn't just be that their players (and coaches, for that matter) are a lot better, right? In reality, the average player signed by Alabama is much, much better than the average player signed by Wisconsin. That is why Alabama contends for national titles every year, and Wisconsin doesn't.

Apparently you've never heard of Barry Every. There is a bias toward schools with higher subscriptions, not that we needed any proof (maybe you did) because it's so obvious to everyone (except you). But Barry Every confirmed what we (except you) already knew.

Apparently you've never heard of Barry Every. There is a bias toward schools with higher subscriptions, not that we needed any proof (maybe you did) because it's so obvious to everyone (except you). But Barry Every confirmed what we (except you) already knew.

Anecdotes are not proof. I thought that was obvious to everyone (except you). Further, isolated incidents, even if they did happen, are not evidence of bias. I thought that was obvious to everyone (except you).

Do four or five star players guarantee winning? Nope but it sure helps. I don't care about ratings!

Of course. I forgot sarcasm is not allowed and everything on this board must be taken literally.

Why must you guys continue to hijack discussions of prospects with your continued jackassery?

Top Bottom