Al Kaline passed away RIP

Before cable TV, in the days when you’d watch the NBC Game of the Week no matter who was playing. One of the greats of that era. RIP.

My first bat (wooden), was an Al Kaline autograph model.

I'm still playing with a Fernando Valenzuela glove.

My first bat (wooden), was an Al Kaline autograph model.

I'm still playing with a Fernando Valenzuela glove.
Hey, I just remembered that I had an Al Kaline bat too. Don’t know if it was the same as yours, but it had a thin handle relative to the barrel and fairly long. I remember I cracked that handle and she was done.

Hey, I just remembered that I had an Al Kaline bat too. Don’t know if it was the same as yours, but it had a thin handle relative to the barrel and fairly long. I remember I cracked that handle and she was done.
Same, I'm sure. Mine only was in service for a short time before being replaced by an Easton aluminum model.

Same, I'm sure. Mine only was in service for a short time before being replaced by an Easton aluminum model.
I hit a lot of homers with that bat in pick up baseball.

Kaline was a very consistent hitter - and a really good defensive outfielder. In terms of numbers, he put up some of his best seasons very early in his career. but he really never had a 'bad' season until the last couple of years. even hit .313 as a 36-year-old.

The Tigers had some nice teams in the 60's. and one of the great pinch-hitters of all time in Gates Brown.

Kaline was a very consistent hitter - and a really good defensive outfielder. In terms of numbers, he put up some of his best seasons very early in his career. but he really never had a 'bad' season until the last couple of years. even hit .313 as a 36-year-old.

The Tigers had some nice teams in the 60's. and one of the great pinch-hitters of all time in Gates Brown.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Gates did some prison time before making it to the big leagues.

Top Bottom