Aireontae Ersery - Watch this

Put JMS back at center, if he’s available, but otherwise leave the OL exactly as it was against Neb, for the Wisc game !!!!!

Dang, that's impressive. I tried to watch Ersery several times and it also seemed to me he did a great job. Plays a bit high in the run game, but man the kid is massive, long, and athletic. Him and Olsen worked extremely well together in both the run and pass game. I was especially impressed with how they handled all the twists and stunts Nebraska was throwing at them. A+ performance for a true Frosh.

Ersery is shoving around Damion Daniels, a 330 lb (at least!) veteran DT. I like Ersery’s potential. Great feet and athleticism for a big man. Because of his mobility, he might be at left tackle some time in the future.

Ersery is shoving around Damion Daniels, a 330 lb (at least!) veteran DT. I like Ersery’s potential. Great feet and athleticism for a big man. Because of his mobility, he might be at left tackle some time in the future.

He sure makes up for the lost of Bryce Benhart. Definitely a steal!

Will Dunlap and Fa'alele be back in time for the Wiscy game? I'd like to see them with
Aireontae Ersery in a jumbo package!

Ersery is like a mirror of Big Dan's and Dunlap's freshmen years. Don't see him being moved off the starting lineup till he's drafted.

Frees Andries to play LT. Good for the line.

Will Dunlap and Fa'alele be back in time for the Wiscy game? I'd like to see them with
Fa'alele hasn't been practicing with the team. Nothing official (other than him being in the I hired list), but the assumption for a while has been he is a COVID opt out since we didn't hear of a practice injury.

Dunlap hurt his leg right before the season started, I don't think it's been long enough to recover and safely re-condition to game play.

Hopefuly, Big Dan and Curtis will be around a couple of years. Big Dan has not played a lot of football.

What surprises lay ahead in the Wiscy game...? We are seeing glimpses of promise with the young pups. If anything, the Wiscy game will be a good teaching moment for a lot of the young Gophers.

They've got nothing to lose with the prognosticators double digit loss predictions.

Regarding Big Dan and Curtis - should they eventually be available: You can never have enough bodies at the ready when it comes to line play, right?

Hopefuly, Big Dan and Curtis will be around a couple of years. Big Dan has not played a lot of football.

What surprises lay ahead in the Wiscy game...? We are seeing glimpses of promise with the young pups. If anything, the Wiscy game will be a good teaching moment for a lot of the young Gophers.

They've got nothing to lose with the prognosticators double digit loss predictions.
Nothing to lose, and an axe and a Bowl Game to gain!

I still wish Benhart had wanted to play for his home state. Maybe he would have developed differently with our blocking system and coaching. He still projects to be pretty darn good over his career. Benhart is 6’ 9”, 330 and athletic (great wrestler), but Mafe blew around him on some speed rushes almost untouched. Ersery is 6’ 6” and 320 with room to grow and is quick and mobile. Once Ersery gets the leverage thing down, I think he becomes a permanent fixture on the OL who will make me, for one, forget our whiff on Benhart (and Mahlman for that matter).

Regarding Big Dan and Curtis - should they eventually be available: You can never have enough bodies at the ready when it comes to line play, right?

We might have to move Big Dan to TE or fullback.

Go 6 man line with Big Dan as TE.

Ersery is like a mirror of Big Dan's and Dunlap's freshmen years. Don't see him being moved off the starting lineup till he's drafted.

Frees Andries to play LT. Good for the line.
Schlueter and Olson have the option to come back for a 6th year in 2021, if they want it.

Top Bottom