After tonight, I can confidently say gophers have Big Ten's best secondary

die hard gopher

Reaction score
OSU's DBs looked spotty tonight. A lot of busted coverages. I'm sure they will get sorted out at the year goes on but as of now, I can confidently say the gophs have the best secondary in the conference. Before the season, I was iffy saying such a thing with OSU having Vonn Bell, Eli Epple, Tyvis Powell and thinking it was probably 50-50 between the two. Always did believe we have a better secondary than MSU or Wisconsin though.

OSU's DBs looked spotty tonight. A lot of busted coverages. I'm sure they will get sorted out at the year goes on but as of now, I can confidently say the gophs have the best secondary in the conference. Before the season, I was iffy saying such a thing with OSU having Vonn Bell, Eli Epple, Tyvis Powell and thinking it was probably 50-50 between the two. Always did believe we have a better secondary than MSU or Wisconsin though.
What measure(s) are you using to reach that conclusion?

What measure(s) are you using to reach that conclusion?

Meant since the off season, I've always believed our secondary will be better then their 2015 secondary. I wasn't referring to secondaries of prior seasons.

Iowa's is excellent. Three starters back from a Top 10 pass defense last year.

Top Bottom