After 9+ years...

Winnipegopher

Wag more, bark less
Reaction score
I have finally had the strength to watch Michigan- Minnesota 2003.

My take: it wasn't as shocking as I thought it would be. Michigan was within 7 with 12 minutes left.

Final thoughts: *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#, *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#, *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

PS: I can't look back again but I believe Barber did not touch the ball in the 4th quarter. That was huge. Why Mason stopped just running at Michigan is totally beyond me.

Final, final thoughts: *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#, *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#,*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

That game almost killed me, but the Wisconsin loss was even worse. I remember the Gophers lining up to punt, and I was yelling "NO, NO, NO! Run the ball one more time!" But Glen Mason never listened to me.

I was out of the country for the game, and I have never had the guts to watch it and i never will.

My lasting impression of the Michigan comeback was those screen passes to Chris Perry. The d-line never figured out that they were getting penetration too easily. As for the Wisconsin collapse, I wanted Russell in the game and not Maroney after the onside kick was recovered around the Gopher 15-yard line, especially on the fateful 3rd and 3 play where Maroney did not finish the run. I also wanted Glen to go for it on 4th down. Even if the punt had not been blocked, it was clear that Wisconsin would move down the field in short order. Glen coached that team as though he had a defense, and at that point in the game, he did not.

My brother and I were debating whether Mason should've taken a safety during the punt. We were unsure as well b/c we weren't convinced the D could stop them no matter how far they had to go.

Top Bottom