Afghanistan

Spoofin

Reaction score
What is confusing about the fact that we pulled our advisors out of the Afgan Army and withdrew most of our troops 2-3 years ago?

Is that not clear?

Explain how Trump had set up an effective withdrawal trajectory.

Biden was basically boxed in by Trumps doings unless Biden wanted to surge troops and resume fighting the Taliban. Glad he didn't.
For weeks now you have been beating this drum. You don't care what military people say, what experts say, what anyone says.... you just keep beating it. You keep yelling about how "people wanted to stay in Afghanistan" which virtually no one has said. Finally, you keep yelling about how no one tells you what we should have done differently.

In response I lead you to a podcast where a 17-year CIA operative outlines what role Trump played, what role Biden played, how everyone wanted out, and your coveted "what we could have done different" points. Your response is to internalize that first part and ignore everything else. Like it or not, @FormerFatOL summed up your effort perfectly.
I watched the same episode. I think you heard what you want to hear not necessarily what was conveyed.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Yeah, baker has been on rogan before and is very good. I actually enjoy the jocko willink podcasts more than rogan, but rogan has some excellent guests at times. Am guessing rogan is a lefty but not sure. Rogan just got in a ton of trouble from the media for using ivermectin. Narrative pushed was that he was using horse medicine, even though ivermectin has been used by millions of people to fight malaria.
I have listed to maybe 15-20 of his podcasts (most are too long) and have only heard a serious political conversation a couple times, so I can't say for sure. I have, however, been told on here that he is a far-righty and also that his show is "edgy" like Stern's. Both these posters later admitted they don't listen (obviously) - but they knew he took Ivermectin! :rolleyes:

Go4Broke

Reaction score

A U.S. Military First: The War in Afghanistan Ended With Zero M.I.A.s

When the last American military cargo jet flew out of Afghanistan in August, marking the end of the United States’ longest war, it also signaled a largely overlooked accomplishment. For the first time in the nation’s history, a major conflict was ending without the U.S. military leaving any troops behind: no one missing in action behind enemy lines, and no nameless, unidentified bones to be solemnly interred in the Tomb of the Unknowns.

It is a stunning change from previous wars that ended with thousands of troops forever lost, their families left to wonder what had happened to them. Christopher Vanek, a retired colonel who commanded the Army’s 75th Ranger Regiment, spent a combined six and a half years deployed to Iraq or Afghanistan, and took part in a number of high-profile search-and-rescue operations. He said rescues became the priority. Even for low-ranking troops with little strategic importance, he said, the military spared no effort to find the missing.

There are several reasons no one was left behind this time. In Afghanistan, combat smoldered more often than it blazed, and lacked the large-scale chaos that led to many losses in the past. Modern DNA analysis can identify any service member from a sample of just a few shards of bone. And unlike the jungles of Vietnam or the surf-pounded beaches of Tarawa Atoll, it was comparably difficult to lose sight of a comrade in the dry, open terrain of Afghanistan.

But the driving factor, experts say, is a military culture that has changed considerably since the draft ended in the 1970s. That culture now makes the recovery of troops — dead or alive — one of the military’s highest priorities. “It has come to be seen as almost a sacred commitment from the nation to those who serve,” Mr. Vanek said. “It’s hard to overstate the amount of resources that were committed to look for someone who was lost.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/05/us/afghan-war-ends.html

Wally

Reaction score
You don't care what military people say, what experts say, what anyone says
Mostly bought and paid for by the military industrial complex, every talking head on TV is paid off. I don't trust or believe them

Wally

Reaction score
I have listed to maybe 15-20 of his podcasts (most are too long) and have only heard a serious political conversation a couple times, so I can't say for sure. I have, however, been told on here that he is a far-righty and also that his show is "edgy" like Stern's. Both these posters later admitted they don't listen (obviously) - but they knew he took Ivermectin! :rolleyes:
Love Joe Rogan but did he did go off the deep end on Covid. How he acted when Rhonda Patrick was on was telling, usually he is reasonable on basically every topic.

TRF Guy

Reaction score
I’m sure the Taliban will get this money in the right hands

A30F4403-1FE5-4603-9E3C-AADDE57DF999.jpeg

TRF Guy

Reaction score

Spoofin

Reaction score
These are Americans, American kids trapped behind terrorist lines for 36 days. Why? Because Joe Biden is a sociopath who ordered the military to evacuate Afghanistan before he got all of our people out.
But we didn't leave any military behind. The NYT ran a big story on it yesterday. Broke shared it here. An extraordinary Success!!!

golf

Reaction score
But we didn't leave any military behind. The NYT ran a big story on it yesterday. Broke shared it here. An extraordinary Success!!!

Not a success according to the American people. Only 34% approve of biden's handling of afghanistan. This means a large majority of independents don't approve. Also means a significant number (at least a third) of democrats dont approve.

Pretty bad when biden has lost pretty much all independents and also a third of his own party.

Wonder if such dismal numbers have ever happened before in american history with regard to policy?

Wally

Reaction score
Not a success according to the American people. Only 34% approve of biden's handling of afghanistan. This means a large majority of independents don't approve. Also means a significant number (at least a third) of democrats dont approve.

Pretty bad when biden has lost pretty much all independents and also a third of his own party.

Wonder if such dismal numbers have ever happened before in american history with regard to policy?
All brainwashed by the military industrial complex, sheep keep sheeping.

TRF Guy

Reaction score
All brainwashed by the military industrial complex, sheep keep sheeping.
Keep sticking up for the failure that is Biden. A fifth grader could of come up with a better plan

Wally

Reaction score
Keep sticking up for the failure that is Biden. A fifth grader could of come up with a better plan
And we could have been hit by multiple suicide bombs plus Taliban attacks.

The goal was achieved. All these other "plans" are full of unknowns.

TRF Guy

Reaction score
And we could have been hit by multiple suicide bombs plus Taliban attacks.

The goal was achieved. All these other "plans" are full of unknowns.
Pretty simple Wallace. Leave after all civilians have left. Remember ol’ sleepy Joe said we will leave no one behind. Another lie amongst many from the demented one

Wally

Reaction score
Pretty simple Wallace. Leave after all civilians have left. Remember ol’ sleepy Joe said we will leave no one behind. Another lie amongst many from the demented one
As I have stated, I would have sacraficed more soldiers to get more civilians and afgan allies out. I think the right would be even more up in arms if that happened. So it is what it is.

stocker08

Reaction score
An extraordinary success! Totally under control!

Unbelievable. Why would anyone bother to take safety precautions when an active terrorist threat is in the area?

Right wingers wouldn't. Load those suckers up and damn the potential dangers! Brilliant stuff as always from Senior Rage Post.

kg21

Reaction score
As I have stated, I would have sacraficed more soldiers to get more civilians and afgan allies out. I think the right would be even more up in arms if that happened. So it is what it is.
So you were right no matter which way it was done. What a dunce!

Spoofin

Reaction score
Seems odd to do this over an “extraordinary success” 🤷‍♂️

State Department IG to probe Biden admin's chaotic Afghanistan withdrawal​

kg21

Reaction score
Seems odd to do this over an “extraordinary success” 🤷‍♂️

State Department IG to probe Biden admin's chaotic Afghanistan withdrawal​

Well ya, but you and I already know the report will tell it was an awesome job. All for show.

Think of it like the FBI investigating a liberal.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I’m old enough to remember when we only left 100 or so Americans stranded in Afghanistan.

Close to 200 Americans are still seeking to leave Afghanistan, State Department tells congressional staff​

Top Bottom