Afghanistan

kg21

Reaction score
Remember how there were only about 100 people left to get out.

Well, they get about a 100 of them out and congratulate themselves.

Then two days later they get around another 100 people out and suck themselves offl

A few days later it's another 100 or more, and they suck themselves off.

It's really quite the sight.

I don't think they are liars or anything, though.

Wally

Reaction score
Remember how there were only about 100 people left to get out.

Well, they get about a 100 of them out and congratulate themselves.

Then two days later they get around another 100 people out and suck themselves offl

A few days later it's another 100 or more, and they suck themselves off.

It's really quite the sight.

I don't think they are liars or anything, though.
Who cares?

Wally

Reaction score
You do have to admit it's funny they keep taking loads of people out of Afghanistan when only 100 of them were left there.
Loads of Americans?
Are they?
Can you name these people?

Spoofin

Reaction score
First you believe the generals but now you don't...
LOL. I've been hearing the "its Trump" since mid-August. This isn't anything new. The question remains why he pulled out the way he did. He chose to let the Taliban march towads Kabul for months while he whithdrew troops and abandoned our airbase and then tried to evacuate citizens, allies, etc. when we had virtually no troops and the Taliban had Kabul. Reverse the order and things go better. Stop them from advancing for 6-months and things go better. Don't continuously lie to American's on the topic and things are accepted better. Don't strand 1000+ American's there when you fully leave and things are accepted better. It was a CF all around - but you go with "could have been handled better" and "Trump's fault". I know, it was only a "bad day" for Biden.

Spoofin

Reaction score
You do have to admit it's funny they keep taking loads of people out of Afghanistan when only 100 of them were left there.
The most recent count I heard was likely 1,000 still now. The 100-200 number was BS from the start, was called out as BS from the start, and only still repeated by sheep. #SheepBeSheep

Wally

Reaction score
LOL. I've been hearing the "its Trump" since mid-August. This isn't anything new. The question remains why he pulled out the way he did. He chose to let the Taliban march towads Kabul for months while he whithdrew troops and abandoned our airbase and then tried to evacuate citizens, allies, etc. when we had virtually no troops and the Taliban had Kabul. Reverse the order and things go better. Stop them from advancing for 6-months and things go better. Don't continuously lie to American's on the topic and things are accepted better. Don't strand 1000+ American's there when you fully leave and things are accepted better. It was a CF all around - but you go with "could have been handled better" and "Trump's fault". I know, it was only a "bad day" for Biden.
Trump negotiated with Terrorists to have a cease fire to get out by the date we got out. That deal was expiring and the fighting would have been back on.

You think fighting more would have made it smoother, that's a huge assumption. It could have been worse and we would likely still be there fighting. Not worth the risk.

If you told me a year ago we could get out with 8 deaths, I would have said to do it.

Wally

Reaction score
Yep - that about sums it up.
War isn't pretty. Lots more innocent Afgans died, than Americans, I feel more for them than soldiers who signed up to be soldiers. Yea that's evil...
🙄🙄🙄

Don't sign up to be cannon fodder.

LesBolstad

Reaction score
We live in bazzaro world:

1633024499463.png

You can't make it up. They really do want a civil war don't they?

golf

Reaction score
"Blood on My Hands"

Powerful song about about the afghan debacle.

One of the most striking images to me during that time was biden coming out and talking to the media about china virus and then walking away. Media yelled at him about afghanistan but biden kept walking. This was his effort to attempt to change the narrative. Shameful, but not for the shameless.

Like the southern border, didnt have to be this way. Even milley called it a strategic failure. Generals recommended a different strategy but biden proved obama's opinion correct once again - never underestimate joe's ability to . . .

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
"Blood on My Hands"

One of the most striking images to me during that time was biden coming out and talking to the media about china virus and then walking away. Media yelled at him about afghanistan but biden kept walking. This was his effort to attempt to change the narrative. Shameful, but not for the shameless.

Like the southern border, didnt have to be this way. Even milley called it a strategic failure. Generals recommended a different strategy but biden proved obama's opinion correct once again - never underestimate joe's ability to . . .

Extraordinary Success.

On a serious note, I listed to Mike Baker (former CIA operations officer) be interviewed by Joe Rogan last week. He did a pretty nice job explaining what Biden should have done differently. He also talked about how both Lefties that say Trump left Biden no options & righties who say Trump had no impact on the decisions are both wrong. Even with that @Wally wouldn't like the interview because he takes the stance that virtually everyone wanted us out - the problem was with how we left. If interested, I would recommend giving it a listen - it is discussed somewhere in the first hour of that interview.

Wally

Reaction score
Extraordinary Success.

On a serious note, I listed to Mike Baker (former CIA operations officer) be interviewed by Joe Rogan last week. He did a pretty nice job explaining what Biden should have done differently. He also talked about how both Lefties that say Trump left Biden no options & righties who say Trump had no impact on the decisions are both wrong. Even with that @Wally wouldn't like the interview because he takes the stance that virtually everyone wanted us out - the problem was with how we left. If interested, I would recommend giving it a listen - it is discussed somewhere in the first hour of that interview.
Monday morning quarterbacks are a dime a dozen. And you can't know if he is right or wrong.
🤷🏼‍♂️

I will listen to it. I am on some back episodes.

I am sure it could have been done better.
My better would have righties up in arms. I always favor putting our troops in harms way if it protects innocents, they signed up for the job.
Its over, get over it.

Wally

Reaction score
You do realize you are in the Afghanistan thread, right? 🙄
Afganistan is over.

The Joe Rogan guy said all this happened 2-3 years ago. We pulled back our advisors from Afgan army ect. Trump basically fucked it all up. Listening to it now and he is making me like Biden more.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Afganistan is over.

The Joe Rogan guy said all this happened 2-3 years ago. We pulled back our advisors from Afgan army ect. Trump basically fucked it all up. Listening to it now and he is making me like Biden more.
As I said, he put some blame on Trump but your summary of what he said is about as good as your English. About what I’d expect from the village idiot.

Wally

Reaction score
As I said, he put some blame on Trump but your summary of what he said is about as good as your English. About what I’d expect from the village idiot.
I am not done with the episode yet, had to stop mowing to eat dinner.

stocker08

Reaction score
"Blood on My Hands"

"Hey....I wrote this shitty song....what can we do about it?"

"I know! Throw up some Biden pictures on the video and righties will flock to it like flies on shit......because right wingers really love shit."

golf

Reaction score
Extraordinary Success.

Yeah, baker has been on rogan before and is very good. I actually enjoy the jocko willink podcasts more than rogan, but rogan has some excellent guests at times. Am guessing rogan is a lefty but not sure. Rogan just got in a ton of trouble from the media for using ivermectin. Narrative pushed was that he was using horse medicine, even though ivermectin has been used by millions of people to fight malaria.

It's impossible to put into words the dishonesty of our media. But media has a good bedfellow in potus who says there is no crisis at the southern border, afghanistan withdrawal couldn't have been handled any better, Georgia voters won't be allowed to be served water while waiting to vote, black people who don't vote for biden aren't black, republican govs aren't promoting the vaccine, and the nonvaxed are selfish. Biden of course also infamously took credit for the rebounding economy and vaccine distribution, when both would've happened even if you or I was president. At least the media isn't alone in its lies.

Last edited:

Wally

Reaction score
I watched the same episode. I think you heard what you want to hear not necessarily what was conveyed.
What is confusing about the fact that we pulled our advisors out of the Afgan Army and withdrew most of our troops 2-3 years ago?

Is that not clear?

Explain how Trump had set up an effective withdrawal trajectory.

Biden was basically boxed in by Trumps doings unless Biden wanted to surge troops and resume fighting the Taliban. Glad he didn't.

Top Bottom