Afghanistan

kg21

Reaction score
Coverage wouldn't have been any different.

You're just imagining what you want to be the case, per usual.
3 times the number of covid on Labor Day as last year. How were they covering Labor Day covid under Trump. Why, the same of course. LMAO

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Trump had this in hand. Didnt have to be this way. Trump wouldve been hammered if these 10 people died under his watch. Fair is fair.
If you want to stay forever, yes. Trump, Obama and Bush all knew, that all We have to do is continue to pay all the expenses of payroll and equipment for the Afghan security forces forever, and they will pretend to care. 45 was kicking the can down the road more than anything.
If you at all object to staying forever, you have to admit that as of January 2021, we were still there. Any what if’s are fan fiction.

golf

Reaction score
If you want to stay forever, yes. Trump, Obama and Bush all knew, that all We have to do is continue to pay all the expenses of payroll and equipment for the Afghan security forces forever, and they will pretend to care. 45 was kicking the can down the road more than anything.
If you at all object to staying forever, you have to admit that as of January 2021, we were still there. Any what if’s are fan fiction.

Regarding your last two words, the truest fan fiction is believing the vikings wont find a way to disappoint

Last edited:

stocker08

Reaction score
Of course. The left and the MSM have both become unreliable frauds. That doesn’t mean it was Biden himself to blame for this latest fuck up - just another in a long line for this administration. Off. The. Charts.

lol. Lack of awareness is off the chart with the Trumpers.

What a POS that host is. Just auditioning for Fox News 9:00pm time slot I assume.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
No. Biden's strategy was terrible. Put the Taliban in charge of security?

You sure that was the plan, or the result? I’m not going to defend this much, but I’m God bless the man who tried. Honestly, the idea that we could ship home all the gear we gave the Afghan forces really slowly without tipping our hand is silly.

Spoofin

Reaction score
You sure that was the plan, or the result? I’m not going to defend this much, but I’m God bless the man who tried. Honestly, the idea that we could ship home all the gear we gave the Afghan forces really slowly without tipping our hand is silly.
Tipping our hand? What are you talking about? We let the Taliban advance for months - well before abandoning our center of operation and evacuating a bunch of our soldiers even. We tipped our hand a long time ago that they could do as they please.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Tipping our hand? What are you talking about? We let the Taliban advance for months - well before abandoning our center of operation and evacuating a bunch of our soldiers even. We tipped our hand a long time ago that they could do as they please.
Explain to us how we remove all our fighting equipment, all interpreters, CIs, etc, then finally, at the very end, our forces, without protection from someone, but only our own personnel.

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
Explain to us how we remove all our fighting equipment, all interpreters, CIs, etc, then finally, at the very end, our forces, without protection from someone, but only our own personnel.
Nothing to see here, just pulling the old "ship a Jeep home to Iowa" gag. X 10000.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
If you want to watch an informed apolitical take on Afghanistan, watch John Oliver's take on it on demand (it's it episode titled "Afghanistan"). He lambastes everyone, Ds & Rs, with facts.

It was Fed from the Jump and if the writers of Rambo 3 understood this then you think the idiots in DC would - watch the episode then the Rambo reference will make sense.

bga1

Reaction score
Nothing to see here, just pulling the old "ship a Jeep home to Iowa" gag. X 10000.
This is the US military against the Taliban. We are not talking Russia or China here. We have air power to keep them away from any place we want to. The best equipment, you take home or to a neighboring ally. The stuff you cannot logistically get home- you blow it up in the desert. Can anyone justify the Taliban now having a bunch of our helicopter? How dumb is that? (very)

You don't pay them off (like we did) you tell them you are going to blow them up. That is the only language they understand. Power. If you start pussy footing around with them like they are equals (they are not) instead of terrorists (which they are) then you will lose every time. No agreement made with terrorists is honored.

Last edited:

bga1

Reaction score
If you want to watch an informed apolitical take on Afghanistan, watch John Oliver's take on it on demand (it's it episode titled "Afghanistan"). He lambastes everyone, Ds & Rs, with facts.

It was Fed from the Jump and if the writers of Rambo 3 understood this then you think the idiots in DC would - watch the episode then the Rambo reference will make sense.
John Oliver is a stinking comedian. This is why this generation is so stupid- you get your news from comedians and pop culture leaders.

Chris Rock gives you your information about the vaccine.... LOL (although you won't like his most recent comment. )

saintpaulguy

Reaction score
This is the US military against the Taliban. We are not talking Russia or China here. We have air power to keep them away from any place we want to.
Fighting your way out was an option. I'm not sure it would be that easy.

Spoofin

Reaction score
The fact remains that we let them advance for months taking control of most of the Country on their way to Kabul. A big part of the problem was what was allowed and ignored for the months leading up to this - all while we reduced our troop number. If we wouldn't have allowed that, not reduced our troop number until the end, not given up our AFB, etc. the people could have been removed and then our troops could have been removed last. Air support would have been more than capable of protecting us at that point. Again, don't listen to me --- listen to military experts and our biggest allies (UK for example), or listen to politicians and those on a message board - your choice.

Spoofin

Reaction score
They need to become reliable frauds. Perhaps you can help them out...
About as creative as always with you Howie. You have been proven time and again as the biggest hypocrite on this board and to be flat out dishonest --- but if you call me a fraud you get support from the wackos. Keep it up, it is all you have.

Wally

Reaction score
The fact remains that we let them advance for months taking control of most of the Country on their way to Kabul. A big part of the problem was what was allowed and ignored for the months leading up to this - all while we reduced our troop number. If we wouldn't have allowed that, not reduced our troop number until the end, not given up our AFB, etc. the people could have been removed and then our troops could have been removed last. Air support would have been more than capable of protecting us at that point. Again, don't listen to me --- listen to military experts and our biggest allies (UK for example), or listen to politicians and those on a message board - your choice.
You don't think even if we did that the same scenario wouldn't have played out at the airport at the end?

I bet even more Americans could have gotten stranded because its obvious lots didn't choose to leave until the situation was dire. If we maintained better control its entirely plausible more end up stranded.

Only thing your plan would realistically have done better for sure, is get Afgan allies out. Which I would be in favor of putting more of our troops in harms way to do but most righties don't give a rats ass about them except to score political points.

MplsGopher

Reaction score
You don't think even if we did that the same scenario wouldn't have played out at the airport at the end?

I bet even more Americans could have gotten stranded because its obvious lots didn't choose to leave until the situation was dire. If we maintained better control its entirely plausible more end up stranded.

Only thing your plan would realistically have done better for sure, is get Afgan allies out. Which I would be in favor of putting more of our troops in harms way to do but most righties don't give a rats ass about them except to score political points.
Spoof is a simple mind -- that's why he needs things to be simple. Otherwise, he rejects him. It's why he subscribes to a half-ass, broken political ideology of Libertarianism.

Things are never as simple as he wishes they are. The decisions were never that simple. There was never an easy button.

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
John Oliver is a stinking comedian. This is why this generation is so stupid- you get your news from comedians and pop culture leaders.
I consistently post links from NYT ( 2 many words for u, I get it dumbo) and other legit news sources, whilst intellectual hacks like you and Bamboo Boi primarily rely on non-real named Twitter accounts - when u do bother to source your wild azz claims. Lazy retiree.
Chris Rock gives you your information about the vaccine.... LOL (although you won't like his most recent comment. )
Hypocrite!!

I don’t care what Rock thinks about Covid, but what about Laurel & Hardy, they were around during your salad days, right?

Spoofin

Reaction score

Your cause and effect thinking is atrocious. If we wouldn't have evacuated most of our troops and abandoned our most strategic position while allowing the Taliban to march through Afghanistan to Kabul then we wouldn't have been putting more troops in harms way - we would have been putting less troops in harms way. And citizens. And allies. :rolleyes:

MplsGopher

Reaction score
If we wouldn't have evacuated most of our troops and abandoned our most strategic position while allowing the Taliban to march through Afghanistan to Kabul
See? It's just this simple!

Spoof can figure it out, but nobody who gets paid to make the decisions and has decades of experience can figure it out.

kg21

Reaction score
I consistently post links from NYT ( 2 many words for u, I get it dumbo) and other legit news sources, whilst intellectual hacks like you and Bamboo Boi primarily rely on non-real named Twitter accounts - when u do bother to source your wild azz claims. Lazy retiree.

Hypocrite!!

I don’t care what Rock thinks about Covid, but what about Laurel & Hardy, they were around during your salad days, right?
The NYT is legit?

LMAO

That stands for the New York Times, right? God, help you sir if you think that rag is legit.

Top Bottom