Afghanistan

Wally

Reaction score
I'm ok with this. Dementia and I are joined at the hip. Dementia is giving me these memes.

do you like them? I can bring more!

Here is another one for you! Share it with your friends who thought he was looking at his watch.

View attachment 14172
As long as he washes for 45 seconds its all good.

Go4Broke

Reaction score
What happens to our country if conservatives also start trying to win their points using liberal methods. See that starting to happen with this restaurant owner and also the jan6 people.

This is will not be a problem. As a card-carrying liberal I will only appreciate being warned that right wing extremist business owners don't want my money. I will be more than willing to accommodate them. I have been avoiding businesses owned by Righties since Obama was president and they put their hatred for America's first black president above cooperating with him in governing in the best interests of the American people.

"If Obama Was For It, We Had To Be Against It"

... "Joe Biden said that during the 2008 transition, a number of Republican Senators privately confided to him that Mitch McConnell had given them the directive that there was to be no cooperation with the new administration — because he had decided that “we can’t let you succeed.” ...

Biden, of course, has a history of outsized comments. But two former Republican Senators [Bob Bennett and Arlen Specter] are confirming the gist of the charges... Meanwhile, former Senator George Voinovich also goes on record telling Grunwald that Republican marching orders were to oppose everything the Obama administration proposed.

“If he was for it, we had to be against it,” Voinovich tells Grunwald. ... “He wanted everyone to hold the fort. All he cared about was making sure Obama could never have a clean victory.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

More from McConnell: The Kentucky Republican notoriously refused to hold a hearing for Merrick Garland, who then-President Barack Obama chose to fill Scalia's seat eight months before the election. McConnell's block left the Supreme Court with an empty sear for more than a year, until Mr. Trump's nominee Neil Gorsuch was sworn in.

https://economistsview.typepad.com/...obama-was-for-it-we-had-to-be-against-it.html

Last edited:

Spoofin

Reaction score
The only # that matters is how many were not evacuated. It's apparently a couple hundred. I've seen different #'s of what it was to begin with. We got the vast majority of Americans who wanted to leave out. Hopefully we will get the rest out. Whether it was 90% or 99% or 93% doesn't matter except when you and KGF are trying to score stupid internet points or dunk on Biden.
You couldn’t be more wrong. You are also a complete fraud.Ueah, I can totally see you not caring about the accuracy of DT’s statements on something like this. I also love that you trust the administrations “200” number - what a sap. It’s not like they have lied about anything else on this topic up until now 🤷‍♂️

howeda7

Reaction score
No, he was going to make sure the Taliban adhered to the conditions of the agreement or it was null and void.
He was known for his attention to detail!

Even if true, it doesn't mean he wouldn't have left equipment for the Afghan army. Liar.

Spoofin

Reaction score
I have no doubt the super sleuths won’t rest until they know exactly who knew what and when. The truth is their quest in life.

Go4Broke

Reaction score

Over 20,000 Afghans evacuated from Kabul have arrived in the U.S.

The U.S. has flown at least 23,876 Afghans to the U.S. since the Kabul airlift began, State Department spokesperson Ned Price said on Wednesday.

Why it matters: The administration had previously declined to provide any data as to how many of the roughly 123,000 people evacuated from Afghanistan had traveled to the U.S.

Breaking it down: Of the 31,107 evacuees who entered the country between Aug. 17 and Aug. 31, 14% are U.S. citizens, 9% are legal permanent residents and 77% are "Afghans at risk," Price said.
  • He did not provide a breakdown as to how many of those Afghans were part of the Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) pipeline due to their work with U.S. troops. A senior State Department official said earlier on Wednesday that most SIV applicants were unable to get out.
  • Afghans evacuees are being processed and temporarily housed at seven military bases in the U.S. as well as at cites in the Gulf and in Europe.
  • Price said the U.S. would continue to try to help those who are still trying to evacuate, with the top priority being the 100-200 remaining U.S. citizens.
https://www.axios.com/how-many-afghans-evacuated-us-bases-cb2c745a-220a-41b3-b952-748204816476.html

Last edited:

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Oh, so they weren’t total idiots.

That’s good.

How about all the night vision goggles, fire arms, ammunition, ground vehicles, etc. that were left? Still functioning? Not to mention the stacks of $100 bills totaling $1.7 billion. Think that might be handy for the Taliban.

I’m glad that they at least had some sense. I’m sure Biden didn’t think of it.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Oh, so they weren’t total idiots.

That’s good.

How about all the night vision goggles, fire arms, ammunition, ground vehicles, etc. that were left? Still functioning? Not to mention the stacks of $100 bills totaling $1.7 billion. Think that might be handy for the Taliban.

I’m glad that they at least had some sense. I’m sure Biden didn’t think of it.
Note it said “on the military side of Kabul airport.” The devil is in the details.

Spoofin

Reaction score
It's over, no one really cares any more except hyper partisans trying to score political points.
Your take is that no one cares about Afghanistan anymore? Really? Most people care about Americans who were stranded in a Country run by terrorists. I know you are very proud that you don't, but most people have a soul. But hey, they had a chance to get out - this is on them!

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
Your take is that no one cares about Afghanistan anymore? Really? Most people care about Americans who were stranded in a Country run by terrorists. I know you are very proud that you don't, but most people have a soul. But hey, they had a chance to get out - this is on them!
Don’t you think the media would be all over this if there were hundreds of Americans stranded in Afghanistan?

Wally

Reaction score
No one cares about Afghanistan, that doesn't mean no one cares about the Americans.

Taliban said they will let them leave.
Biden looked their leader in the eyes and he gave his word.

Very fine people on both sides.
😯

Ok seriously...
Are you denying they had weeks to leave, when they knew our military was leaving and before the country went to shit?

Who's fault is it if someone gets told a hurricane is coming, evacuate and they choose to stay in their house? Should we send first responders to get them while the hurricane is hitting? At some point people need to be responsible for themselves.
🤷🏼‍♂️

golf

Reaction score
USA Today factchecker issues apology for saying biden didnt check his watch during the solemn ceremony at andrews afb.

This factcheck ignited a firestorm among families present who said biden checked his watch multiple times during the ceremony.

Factchecker apologized, saying he (factchecker) is only human and made a mistake.

Funny how these mistakes occur so often and always are meant to damage the republican party.

BTW, just imagine the unending uproar if trump had looked at his watch multiple times during such a ceremony.

kg21

Reaction score
USA Today factchecker issues apology for saying biden didnt check his watch during the solemn ceremony at andrews afb.

This factcheck ignited a firestorm among families present who said biden checked his watch multiple times during the ceremony.

Factchecker apologized, saying he (factchecker) is only human and made a mistake.

Funny how these mistakes occur so often and always are meant to damage the republican party.

BTW, just imagine the unending uproar if trump had looked at his watch multiple times during such a ceremony.
If Trump had withdrawal just as Dementia, all would be calm.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Top Bottom