AFCA 1960 Coaches' Trophy Information

WAGopher

Reaction score
I can't find the original thread, but I think it was myles_long that posted a link to an article on the sportsbybrooks.com website that accused Tim Brewster of being less than honorable by displaying a 1960 National Championship trophy that wasn't produced until 1986. A little internet search quickly produced the correct answer: The American Football Coaches Association authorized BLACK DOG SPORTS to make numbered authentic replica trophies. The Black Dog website has a picture of Mac Brown presenting 3 such trophies to Darrell Royal.

It's a good bet that all schools that won the National Championship prior to 1986 were contacted and given the chance to order their own authentic replica trophy. By the way, anyone can order one of these and while not inexpensive, would look good in a collector's case. These are the trophy features:

- Individually hand-crafted
- High quality European leaded crystal football
- Sequentially numbered
- Certificate of Authenticity from the American Football Coaches Association

I see nothing wrong at all for the Gophers displaying this trophy.

Miles is a Badger fan. You will have to forgive him for not knowing what a Nationshl Championship trophy looks like, or why we should have several of them, you know, his squad never actually coming close to winning one....

Miles and crew have a thread over on Buckyville gasping at the audacity of having the trophy. As they often (nearly weekly) point out, the Gopher national championships do not count because they took place in the past. I think the thread is titled something like "Brewster revising history again" or something like that.

Myles himself is the real fraud.

Myles Long's original post lives onn!! http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?p=105635

Did anyone else notice that not since the Flint boys posse at East Lansing has a more miserable lot of gangbangers been sitting in the player's families seats as were last night behind the Goof's bench? Me thinks Tubby needs a street agent to even get into some of these "Student-Athlete's" living rooms.

i don't know why anyone goes over to BV (actually i have read it infrequently and noticed that they seem inordinately preoccupied with the gopherhole).

not only is their team inferior to our team, but their board is inferior to our board. BV has 67 total users on right now, 29 registered users and 37 guests. there has been 1028 visitors there today. GH on the other hand has 503 users on right now 152 members and 351 guests with 36,000 total today (i rounded down so as not to exacerbate bucky's diminishing sense of self worth).

How much do you want to bet that every one of those pre-1986 winners of the Coaches' Poll purchased a full-size replica?

They allow the general public to purchase 1/2 and 1/3 scale replicas, but full-size replicas are only available to the schools that won the Coaches' Poll.

Myles has exposed himself as Becky's version of Loon, but at least Loon didn't go around trying to pimp his crappy pictures all over the Internet.

i don't know why anyone goes over to BV (actually i have read it infrequently and noticed that they seem inordinately preoccupied with the gopherhole).

not only is their team inferior to our team, but their board is inferior to our board. BV has 67 total users on right now, 29 registered users and 37 guests. there has been 1028 visitors there today. GH on the other hand has 503 users on right now 152 members and 351 guests with 36,000 total today (i rounded down so as not to exacerbate bucky's diminishing sense of self worth).

And among the 67 users, probably half are there to read about the Gophers since it's one of their favorite topics and they have a prominent Gopher-related thread right now.

Overall, it is amazing how many Badger fans -- despite their great 20 year run -- have Minnesota-envy.

Sort of on topic. I lived in Ireland for a year and while I was there visited the Waterford Crystal glass blowing factory where these football trophies are (/where, I think they went under). Extremely cool process, got to watch them blow a football shape and then another guy etched one. I would imagine they are pretty expensive.

Myles has exposed himself as Becky's version of Loon, but at least Loon didn't go around trying to pimp his crappy pictures all over the Internet.

And I bet Loon didn't share Myles's fetish for photographing shirtless teenage boys and enthusiastically discussing the subject with other men on the sidelines. Just plain wierd.

I'm willing to give Brewster a pass on this. Since he never wins any of the current trophy games, let's let him celebrate a trophy that was "won" 50 years ago (even though they lost the Rose Bowl).

not only is their team inferior to our team

I mean, come on man? Since when does the outcome of the game on the field NOT count as which team is the better team? Absolutely, the gopherhole has many more users but as far as the product on the field, I have a hard time understanding how the Badgers are the inferior team here.

And Minnesota-envy? Perhaps if the gophs return to their dominant form of pre-1960s Badger fans will be envious, but until then I don't think there are too many Badger fans feeling Minnesota-envy...

I'm willing to give Brewster a pass on this. Since he never wins any of the current trophy games, let's let him celebrate a trophy that was "won" 50 years ago (even though they lost the Rose Bowl).

Don't you have a dead animal to make sweet love to?

I mean, come on man? Since when does the outcome of the game on the field NOT count as which team is the better team? Absolutely, the gopherhole has many more users but as far as the product on the field, I have a hard time understanding how the Badgers are the inferior team here.

And Minnesota-envy? Perhaps if the gophs return to their dominant form of pre-1960s Badger fans will be envious, but until then I don't think there are too many Badger fans feeling Minnesota-envy...

Troll-O-Meter

Troll Insecurity Level: HIGH

I really get a kick out of this board. It's unbelievable what kind of pathetic accomplishments you celebrate.

Top Bottom