Adam Woodbury chooses Squawks

It would be ridiculous to get outrecruited by Iowa, but not sure that's what happened. Our most plugged in poster suggested that opinions on the staff were mixed on Woodbury. Not sure why they are gung ho on Hammons if they were not on Woodbury, but I don't make the decisions.

I will say that I don't like the trajectory of recruiting under this staff. If you look at the offer list of guys like Ralph, Devoe, and Colton in year 1 and compare that to the guys being recruited now...it's not an improvement.

Can you imagine how upset the Tar Heel fans are about being "outrecruited" by Iowa.

I would be more than happy with Hammons, Ive heard mixed things about Woodbury mostly negative, but his performance in that nba camp really boosted his stock. I didnt mean Tubby got out recruited going for Woodbury, just this class in general, Iowa has two 4 star recruits compared to Minnesota zero. To be fair those recuits are from Sioux City, so theyre in Frans backyard. Tubby does a good job locking down in state talent.

From the Des Moins Register:

The 7-foot-1 Sioux City East senior told a crowd in the school gym: “I grew up a Hawkeye fan. I want to be part of rebuilding the program.”

No one else was even in the running.

To be fair those recuits are from Sioux City, so theyre in Frans backyard.

Sioux City is closer to Minneapolis than it is to Iowa City. State boundaries are powerful things, though, and the Woodbury kid grew up a Hawkeye fan, so he wasn't ever coming here. Gesell is actually from and lives in Nebraska, although he attends high school in Iowa.

Good news for the Big Ten, Great news for Iowa

Now we have to lock down Tyus and our top recruits...

State boundaries are powerful things, though, and the Woodbury kid grew up a Hawkeye fan, so he wasn't ever coming here. Gesell is actually from and lives in Nebraska, although he attends high school in Iowa.

South Sioux City High School is in Nebraska.

Now we have to lock down Tyus and our top recruits...

This gives me a little hope that we might be able to get some of the top recruits that are going to be recruited by the likes of Duke and North Carolina. Not every kid is star struck by the Jordon effect and the road to the NBA.

I am glad he opted for the Hawks, it will make the Gophers life a little tougher but competition is good.

Tubby sign Hammons.

Top Bottom