Adam Weber Preps for Season at Manning Academy

Rooting

Hard for AW this year. While I have been critical at times, and while some of his occasional physical or mental errors have had you looking to tear your hair in exasperation, if anyone has some "good" coming their way, it is #8. What turmoil and turnover he has had to endure in his college career.

If the O-line shows improvement, the scheme is more effective from the "less is more" theory, and he stays healthy - no reason to think he shouldn't have a great year given all the experience he brings to the table.

Incredible to think we are a short 7 weekends away from the season starting.

College Football Live just did a spot on the QB's at the Manning Academy. They were very impressed by him. Basically said that Adam is a excellent QB on a bad team. Specifically commented on his arm strength and touch. Anyway, they were impressed but it was a fairly backhanded compliment.

Here is hoping lady luck and football god's smile on Weber

That is a guy that could use a good dose of luck and good fortune. After the unusual amount of beatings he has taken hopefully they can keep him up with time to throw, his Jersey clean and the Gophers could pull some upsets. With all of the chaos, Decker getting hurt, and the change in systems he could use a little luck on his side.

College Football Live just did a spot on the QB's at the Manning Academy. They were very impressed by him. Basically said that Adam is a excellent QB on a bad team. Specifically commented on his arm strength and touch. Anyway, they were impressed but it was a fairly backhanded compliment.

Just watched this. Very interesting that Jesse Palmer only talked about Moore, Luck, and Weber. He really likes him. In the lead in they showed a nice touch pass to Hoese for a TD.

I read something about Weber being the surprise of the Manning camp. With an improved O-line, a slimmed down playbook, and a supporting cast that isn´t perpetually confused, Adam Weber will be the feel good story of CFB this year.

Gerry Dinardo´s head will explode sometime around our 7th win.

I'm trying to remain level-headed about the season. Please do not give me reason to be confident of a greater than .500 record this season. Before you know it, I'll secretly be dreaming of a miracle national championship run.

I have a feeling

AW is going to carry this team and gain a tremendous respect nationally aaaannnnd, have a high draft status.

I'm trying to remain level-headed about the season. Please do not give me reason to be confident of a greater than .500 record this season. Before you know it, I'll secretly be dreaming of a miracle national championship run.

If they run the table with this schedule (most of the tough ones are at home after all) there's no question they'll play for the NC....

If they run the table with this schedule (most of the tough ones are at home after all) there's no question they'll play for the NC....

I'm pretty sure we'll have a top five SOS at the end of the year. If we win out, it should be a slam dunk. Still I'm worried about game 1!!

If Horton can fix Weber's feet, I can see Weber's accuracy improving. I think it won't be as high as we want unless our receivers also make significant strides this year. Seems like a lot to fix in one off season though.

If Horton can fix Weber's feet, I can see Weber's accuracy improving. I think it won't be as high as we want unless our receivers also make significant strides this year. Seems like a lot to fix in one off season though.

But there is so much room to improve!

Let's just hope he stops doing that reverse, ducking, spin-o-rama move where he turns his back toward the field of play and lowers his head while he 360s around to avoid a D-lineman only to be swallowed up by another DL he couldn't see as he was ducking and spinning.

Let's hope he doesn't have to get away from two D-Lineman who are swarming him at the same time. If he's spinning away from one into another one, it kind of seems that the problem isn't his spinning but the fact that there are two on him.

Let's just hope he stops doing that reverse, ducking, spin-o-rama move where he turns his back toward the field of play and lowers his head while he 360s around to avoid a D-lineman only to be swallowed up by another DL he couldn't see as he was ducking and spinning.

A part of the problem with our rushing game last year was that Weber was credited with 73 carries for -133 yards. Certainly not all on him but the "easy" fix is to get rid of the ball when nothing is there.

Top Bottom